Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

18

The next morning, Liz and Amanda woke Eloise up and made her tell them everything that had happened the previous night.

“What? No kiss?” Amanda pouted.

“Just friends?” Liz asked.

“No kiss, just friends. That’s all we are.”

“But, why?” Amanda questioned.

“Because it’s just better off that way. We’re not good for each other. I mean why would he want me? I just work in a shop designing things with you guys. I don’t go out, I’m boring. I’m not the same girl he knew he even said it. He loved me, you guys. He doesn’t love me anymore.”

Amanda gave Elle a sympathy look, but it was Liz that spoke.

“I find that hard to believe. He obviously cares for you and to even agree to be friends after everything you guys went through, he just wants you to be in his life because he can’t bare to be without you again,” Both of the girls gave her a shocked look, Liz just shrugged. “I mean didn’t you say that you were the one that offered to be friends first?”

Elle nodded her head.

“See, maybe he didn’t even realize he said it in that way. But when you suggest being friends after that whole thing you told us, I bet that was a shot to his emotions.”

Elle shook her head, “No, he would have fought for it, that’s exactly how he is-“

“But maybe he changed? After the way you left him, that would a major shoot down to his ego?” Amanda offered.

“I’m sorry, but it’s Sidney. I don’t think so. I’m going to open up the shop before I’m late. I’ll see you guys later,” Elle grabbed her things and left the apartment, not seeing the look Amanda and Liz gave each other.

It was only a short walk to the shop, when she got there she set everything up for the day and started to do some designs.

Throughout the day she helped a few customers and continued the designs she started earlier. She heard the bell ring, letting her know another customer was there when she looked up she saw Max smiling at her.

“Hey Max, need something?”
“Yeah, you to go on a date with Sidney.”

“Well, let’s-be-blunt-day is today, huh?”

“Well, not exactly go on a date with him, but we have a dinner coming up and he always shows up stag because he never asks anyone.”

“Well, if he never asks anyone, then why would he ask me?”

“Because you didn’t see the big ass smile on his face when he came into practice, so trust me, I know about last night. I’m almost betting that he’s going to ask you to go. Even with that “just friends” bullshit that you guys have going on,” he laughed when he saw the look at her face.

“It’s not bullshit!” He laughed even harder.

“Yes, it is. Because everyone that knows you two, will know that you can’t live without each other now that you’ve found each other again. It’s like a complete romantic movie,” he finished with blinking his eyes and holding his hands together by the face as if he was trying to act like a romance-obsessed girl.

She laughed and replied, “Doubt it, we’re friends and that’s all we’ll be.”

“BULLSHIT!” Liz walked into the room screaming.

“Can you guys just back off? You should be happy that we’re making progress.”

“Well, I’m just saying the smile that Sid had on his face was one that only you could give him,” Max replied.

“Wait, what? He was smiling? Elle! Please, do something about this? He obviously wants you to be his,” Liz said.

“Who wants you to be his?”

Everyone turned to Sidney who had just walked in.

“NO ONE!” Elle practically yelled.

“Oh, just this guy that she met this morning while she was getting some coffee,” Liz calmly said. Elle turned to Liz with wide eyes, and Max looked unnerved.

The look on Sidney’s face was one that Elle couldn’t place. But Liz knew exactly what it was, jealousy. Max just gave Sidney a nervous smile and said he said he had some place to be and left. Liz smirked at Elle and said she forgot something at the apartment and that she’d be back soon. Leaving Sidney and Elle by themselves.
Again, it was awkward and Elle wanted to kill Liz and Max for leaving her alone with Sidney. He gave her a small smile and looked around.

“It’s still in the process of being fixed up,” she said. He nodded and turned to her.

“It looks nice, I can tell you guys have worked hard on it. It looks pretty cool so far,” she bit the side of her lip and blushed. “So, listen. I have something I wanted to ask you.”

“Okay, shoot.”

“There’s a dinner coming up for the Penguins and I was wondering if you would like to come with me?”

She tilted her head, like he knew she did when she was deep in thought.

“I mean you don’t have to, I just thought after last night I could bring you as my date,” he said. “Just friends,” he quickly added not wanting to scare her off.

‘Just friends, of course,’ she thought. But she nodded anyway and agreed to go with him.

He let out a relived breath and she giggled, thinking it was funny when he said that he was happy he wouldn’t have to go alone and dance with a whole bunch of cougars again.

Sidney’s jealousy got the best of him and he end up blurting out, “So, you met someone this morning?”

She shook her head, “No, Liz just only said that. She says dumb things sometimes to cover for anything else she says.”

He let out a breath when she went to get something from the back. She came back and asked why he was smiling.

“No reason, life is good,” she gave him a questionable look and walked away to help the customers that had just walked him. He waved goodbye to her and she smiled back at him as her way of saying bye back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! I did my goal. Hopefully I'll write and put out another chapter tomorrow. With the way it's looking, I might be able to finish by the end of the summer. GOAL! Sorry, just kind of excited.