Love's a Battlefield

Fourteen

The bus journey was like that of kids during an after school punishment. The only noise was the occasional burp erupting from someone after drinking a few beers. I couldn’t believe i had hit Alex but was kind of glad i had as well he had deserved it maybe now he would realise how stupid he was been, or maybe he wouldn’t he was stubborn like that. My wrist was throbbing in the support bandage and i decided i was going to go and lie on my bed with my ipod on to relax for a while listening to the soothing melodies of Petie Pizzaro’s voice.

I didn’t know where the rest of the guys were on the bus but i was pretty happy settled where i was and before long was in my own world thinking about various things as music gently flowed into my ears. Meanwhile Alex was at on his own also with an ipod plugged into his ears as the other band members settled to there own chat in the lounge area.

************
Casey’s point of view

I was currently sat in the lounge area beside Ed who had his warm arm wrapped around my shoulders lovingly. The two Hetherton boys and Ali were sat with us to as Gary drove us to the next venue. After the fight between Holly and Alex earlier i wasn’t sure if they would ever recover from all the stuff going on. Ali had been pretty silent the whole bus journey as if hiding something and i noticed Dan constantly looking over at him deep in thought, i let it go though.

‘Ed, I’m worried about those two.’

My outburst had surprised Ed a little but he looked into my eyes.

‘I know how you feel, it’s awkward with this going on, i wish Alex would stop been so pathetic and understand that Holly cares about him, I know deep down how much he cares about her to it was obvious. He was beating himself up over yelling at her before when he the fear was shown on her face.’

I placed my head onto Ed’s shoulder as he stroked my hair before planting his nose on top of my head.

‘They will get it through it though, don’t worry, we will sort it.’

I turned to look up at Ed who then kissed me gently on the lips before turning to see Dan pulling Ali into the kitchen area for what seemed like a private chat.

*************
Dan’s POV

As Ed and Casey spoke about the whole situation between Alex and Holly i watched Ali’s expression. He was guilty about something and it became really obvious it was the whole situation when he couldn’t look up as they spoke about everything. I knew it was him from them i just had to get it out of his lips and to then get him to admit it to Alex which i knew would be a challenge.

Once Ed finished talking i stood up pulling Ali by the wrist with me and into the kitchen area. He looked scared when i did but i think he could tell i had figured it all out, it had been glancing back at me occasionally. I came to a standstill and turned to face Ali who know looked really guilty.

‘It was you wasn’t it that shaved his hair?’

I spoke in what was a low whisper but with a gentle voice so not to scare the guy off, he was a nightmare when he was been told off.

‘Y..yeah..... Sorry.’

‘Oh Ali what have you done, it’s not me you should be apologising to.’

‘I....I know. I thought it would just be a light joke that Alex would work it out after a few minutes not that all this would be caused and the fighting and everything.’

‘Did you forget what Alex’s temper could get like, you could of wrecked the chances those two had, they really like each other you know.’

‘I know. Dan I don’t know what to do Alex is going to bite my head off...’

‘No I’m not Ali I understand.’

I turned around to see Ali looking shocked as Alex stood there his face full of sorrow.

****************

Alex’s POV

I got bored of listening to my ipod after a bit and fancied a cup of coffee so headed down tot he kitchen hoping Holly wasn’t there. She had a bloody strong fist and my nose was still throbbing now although when i held her wrist i felt the muscle pull. I hope she wasn’t to badly injured. I headed down to the kitchen slowly only to hear Dan and Ali in low whispers and decided to hang back and not disturb their chat.

As i stood on the stairs out of sight silently i heard them talking about the incident. Ali told Dan it was him that had shaved my hair. I couldn’t believe it how could i have not of worked it out. What a mess had i caused then i remembered that i was drunk the night before i found the broken string. Oh what a mess i had caused between a friendship.

As i listened to the conversation continue i heard Ali mention he didn’t know what to do that i would literally kill him of i found out. I decided now was best to patch all this up with Ali to start with then i could work on sorting it out with Holly i hoped anyway.

‘No I’m not Ali, I understand.’

I spoke in a calm tone as i looked into his worried eyes. He bit his lip as i stood there allowing me to talk more.

‘You should of told me though Ali, I’m sorry i gave the impression I’d bite your head off, I won’t i forgive you, it’s in your nature after all.’

Ali just nodded at me panic still showing on his face but also sorry for the problems that had evolved afterwards.

‘I’m sorry Alex, really i am.’

‘Don’t worry about it, i should of guessed, it’s me that’s got a lot of apologising to do now though.’

I hugged Ali to show it was all forgotten and in the past now Dan breathing a sigh of relief as we did before he wondered off to break the good news to the others no doubt. I knew he would make sure no one mentioned it to Holly, he understood it was me alone that had to put that right and Ali owed her an apology to.

I let go of Ali who walked off looking a lot more relieved as he joined the others again as i disappeared to the front of the bus knowing Gary would know where Holly had gotten to. As i sat down at the front i asked how Holly’s wrist was. Gary explained it was swollen and badly sprained with my hadn print obvious in the bruise. I explained that things had been straightened out between the band and Gary smiled ot see i was about to pull out all the stops to make it up to Holly again. He told me she had headed to her bed and i thanked him before getting up to go see her.