Love's a Battlefield

Fifteen

************
Holly’s POV

As i lay in my bunk with my eyes shut i could feel the pain constant in my wrist. This was really going to mess up work now and I wasn’t happy about it at all. At the same time though i pulled my headphones out of my ears to notice the bus was dead silent. I poked my head through the curtain a couple times but no movement was seen or heard.

I settled back into my bunk placing one headphone back into my ear able to ehar movement if need be with the other ear. I concentrated all my mind on the lyrics of songs i was listening to when the one song that meant the most to me started up. Enrique Iglesias’s Hero started to play at me, the one song that always made me think of Alex Davies. I let the tears run down my cheeks not wanting to stop them and instead enjoying the music and wishing that the clocks could back time would be changed and that instead this was the one song he was singing at me. Although his singing this song to me would probably help with forgiving him for all that he’d done.

I lay there for what seemed like forever and even after the song had finished tears rolled down my cheeks at a steadier pace this time though. I missed how close me and alex were, his warm hugs and him been so happy about seeing me. When we would sit and write songs together because his grammar could be awful at times and all the laughs we would have together. I had fallen for him and it was bad and i knew that i now had to cope. There was a strong feeling we weren’t going to get over this both of us too stubborn to accept mistakes.

*********************************
Alex’s POV

After speaking to Gary i slowly headed up the bus toward the beds. I had to think of what i was going to say to Holly knowing at the minute she would probably throw it all back in my face which would be acceptable at the moment. I had been such a goddamn idiot and now was my only chance to sort this mess out.

Ali headed to me explaining he was going to apologise once he had given me chance to talk to Holly and i nodded as he headed down to Gary probably to see how long we had left of the journey. I reached the beds still not knowing what to say and so walked past going to make the cup coffee i still required.

I made the coffee and stood drinking in whilst thinking of a good way to explain i was sorry. I knew it wouldn’t be enough and i would have to have more than that up my sleeve to impress her again and gain back the friendship alone. I really liked her as well. I had to convince her i wasn’t going to be a prick to her if i got the chance with her. After a while i had decided on what i was going to say and headed back to where her bed was.

As i approached the curtain i could hear a light sniffling and felt really bad. It sounded like she was crying and i didn’t want to surprise and so left the curtain drawn as i started to speak.

‘H..Holly, it’s me. I’m sorry I’ve been a jerk. I had it all wrong. I...i..i hope i didn’t injure your worst to badly, sorry for that to, I’m sorry for it all. I know you probably hate me and if you don’t want to talk to me then that’s fine i will just go away if you want me to.’

I left it like that and just hoped she would respond to it in some way if in a few minutes she didn’t i would just walk off giving her time to accept it. I watched the curtain after hearing some movement before Holly pulled the curtain apart with one hand her bandaged hand cradled against her chest and tears still running down her face.

*******************************
Holly’s POV

I still hadn’t heard movement and a couple of minutes after i had removed the earphone from my ear i heard a voice start to talk really close to the curtain. I listened to carefully recognising the voice as alex Davies. I listened confused as to what he wanted to say but his starting tone seemed like he was really apologetic.

‘H..Holly, it’s me. I’m sorry I’ve been a jerk. I had it all wrong. I...i..i hope i didn’t injure your worst to badly, sorry for that to, I’m sorry for it all. I know you probably hate me and if you don’t want to talk to me then that’s fine i will just go away if you want me to.’

I was sat up in my bed now and knowing he had finished i pulled the curtains apart with my aching hand held close to my chest to stop movement to much. Alex looked at me his eyes full of sorrow and tears ready to fall down his cheeks as he took in my sight. I was still crying now I couldn’t help it though the pain wasn’t helping me out at all.

I looked into his eyes seeing true sorrow something people rarely saw in Alex’s eyes. I swung my legs down and stood up wincing as i caught my hand jumping down. Alex took hold of my good arm steadying me a little bit. Just that touch sent butterflies back through my stomach. He looked into my eyes as i smiled at him.

‘I mean it Holly. I was an idiot and I’m sorry i caused you so much pain to your wrist i wish i could take it all back. Ali admitted it to me that it was him he will apologise alter. I don’t expect to take me back to a best friend straight away but i want you to know I’m truly sorry. I’m going to make it up to you i promise.’

‘It’s ok Alex, I just need time to think it over, I’m sorry i punched you to it was a little harsh. I need time to think things over though but i kind of forgive you now the air is been cleared a little. I appreciate you’ve done this though.’

I looked up at alex fresh tears leaving my eyes as he looked back at me nodding with tears running down his cheeks to. It was only me and Ed that had seen him cry ever so i knew he was truly regretting everything his emotions proved this. I stepped forward hugging him with one arm to let him know I was sort of ok with it before he walked off hastily wiping his eyes as i did with mine.

A few minutes after alex had disappeared Ali approached me looking quite literally petrified.

‘Ali I’m not going to hurt you don’t worry.’

Ali gave a weak smile at that before he spoke.

‘Holly I’m sorry i thought Alex would understand and stuff and guess it was me playing a joke on him. I didn’t mean to cause you all this harm.’

‘Ali don’t worry you weren’t to know this would happen.’

He nodded pulling me in a huge hug before kissing my bandage better in an odd manner and walked back off me following to join the rest of the group whereby Dan looked shocked to see that I had sat down next to alex although we didn’t cuddle like usual.

I looked over to Casey who looked at me and then down at my wrist then at Alex and back to me. I nodded as if to say it’s getting sorted don’t worry before she snuggled back into Ed’s chest who was already asleep his head against the wall. Casey kissed his cheek gently before pulling the blanket up over the pair of them since the tour beds weren’t exactly roomy enough for two most the time.