Love's a Battlefield

Twenty-Three

Alex’s POV

The studio work seemed to be going really well. We had got a majority of the guitar done for the tracks i had wrote and wanted to lay down a demo of for Gary. I got myself set up in the vocal booth and Holly was sat at the computer screen as Ed and Casey walked in. We held fire explaining what we were recording and Ed got his guitar tuned ready as i set about laying down some of my vocals.

The hours seemed to go by very quickly as it reached late night and we all headed back to the main house to join Ali and the Hetherton’s. I looked forward to tomorrow now hoping that my plan would work. The rest of the night came first though, which we all spent talking before heading to our bedrooms and getting some well earned rest.

As i woke up next morning i could see that Holly had already left her bed. She was also more than likely completely dressed. I decided that i would check who was in the house and who was going out before i started to plan out the event. I got myself dressed and headed to get a cup of coffee to see that Teddy, Ali and Holly were the only ones in the house.

‘Where the others gone?’

‘Erm, into town to get new camera stuff drum stuff and Ed wanted to look at getting spare guitar strings.’

‘Ahh right cheers, I’m going to go finish getting ready then.’

Teddy knew why i had asked him specifically the question, as he knew what was going on and that i would text him about maybe getting Ali outside somewhere for a while.

I headed up to my room with a coffee in hand placing it on the side as i made my bed and tidied up my draws so everything was inside them and they were closed. I then got around to cleaning off my side before opening my laptop up on my desk and checking the online chart. I found the song i wanted and downloaded it quickly putting it into the player ready to play.

I sat upon my rarely made bed then pulling my phone from my jean pocket and sat typing out a text to Teddy reading;

Can you get Ali out the house for an hour? I know what he is like, and maybe tell Holly i would like her to help me with some song writing as I’m in my room?

Teddy responded with a simple OK and i smiled knowing that movement would soon occur.

I waited a good 15 minutes just sat there happily before i finally heard movement. I heard the front door open and close with Ali’s voice moaning before subsiding into silence as the stairs creaked slightly as some headed up them. Holly walked into the bedroom smiling. She took in the rarely tidy room confused at what had gotten me to make my room so neat for once in my life.

‘You wanted help song writing ?’

‘I did but first there is something i want you to know.’

Holly looked at me so confused as i got up and she sat on the bed. I pressed play on the Laptop as the song started to play out.

As the lyrics played out Holly looked up at me as i looked into her eyes. I smiled at her to show that i really meant what the lyrics said. Her face glowed as she smiled back the smile that i loved to see grace her face. I was sat on the bed facing her now and placed one of my hands on hers, the song still playing. Her warm soft skin heating my palm as i couldn’t bare to take my eyes off her. As the song ended we sat in the silence of an empty house, i could see Holly thinking through the song lyrics that had meant so much to me as she blushed slightly to know that the song was about my thoughts on her.

Bruno Mars-Just The Way You Are

Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day

Yeah I know, I know
When I compliment her
She wont believe me
And its so, its so
Sad to think she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me do I look okay
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

Her nails, her nails
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh
She hates but I think its so sexy

She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day

Oh you know, you know, you know
Id never ask you to change
If perfect is what you're searching for
Then just stay the same

So don't even bother asking
If you look okay
You know I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

The way you are
The way you are
Girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

Our faces slowly grew closer to each other both of us smiling as we looked into each others eyes, i placed my other hand on her cheek and she blushed slightly as the two of us grew so close that we could feel each others breath on our lips. The perfume she was wearing hit my nose with such a lovely smell, her breath tickling my cheeks as it hit them before i closed my eyes gently placing my lips on hers.

I kissed her gently before she kissed me back as she placed a hand into my hair and i moved the hand off her hand and onto her shoulder instead as we shared the kiss for a while longer. Her lips were so soft her breath so warm and she was so gentle and caring it was like kissing that of an Angel.

As we broke apart we both looked back into each others eyes. What would her reaction be would she speak. I just watched on as i waited a couple of minutes until she had worked out what she was going to say. At least if it was bad news i had actually gotten chance to kiss her lips once. The one thing i had always wanted to do.