Sequel: Picking Up Petals

Scattered Black Roses

Chapter 10

Tom stepped closer. He was getting too close for comfort. No matter what I did he just moved forward.

“Get off me!” I shouted as he slammed me against a dark alley wall. His hands went places no one would ever dare touch or grab if they respected me. Obviously Tom didn’t. It really ticked me off that he was so persistent.

“Don’t worry, you’ll enjoy this,” his hand slid up my corset.

I wriggled away from him and slapped him across the face without thinking twice, “Do not touch me!” I was afraid, but at the same time seriously pissed off. Why the hell did he want to molest me? Who the heck did he think he was?! We weren’t even together for goodness sakes!

Tom smirked as pulled me against him. His hand went to the waistband of my pants and the other pressed me closer against his body. “You can’t resist it, Rose babe, just give in. Let me do all the work. You’ll love every minute.”

“Get away from me, Tom!” things were so out-of-control that my head was spinning. All my effort to get him off me didn’t work as I continued to struggle unsuccessfully. I felt him reach for the strings that held my corset in place. Tom was miles past the danger zone then. There was nothing I could do, but let him have his way and pretend I wasn’t there at all. Maybe that would be much easier than actually feeling what he planned to do.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I spotted a figure coming towards us down the street.

The figure stood still for a moment, but ran towards us. Because a few lights were lit, I noticed it was Derrick. Derrick had a scowl on his face. “Tom, get off of her!” he pulled him away without moving me so I wouldn’t fall, and then the jerk punched him in the face.

Tom glared, “Dude, Rick, what’s your problem, I just about to get some! She can’t resist long, because she’s a girl!”

What the hell? Sexist much! My fists clenched at my sides in frustration.

Derrick punched him in the jaw. When he punched him, he hit him in the jaw making Tom fall back.

Oh my goodness, what am I supposed to do? Should I call the cops? Wait, Derrick is a bad boy… it’s not a good idea. My heart raced as I watched the two go at each other. It was like watching two lions battle over territory. Territory, wait, what the hell, I wasn’t some object! What had the world gone to?!

Tom rushed towards Derrick and tried to kick him, but Derrick skillfully dodged like a pro and kicked him in the ribs. It sent him flying right to the ground.

“Uff!” I cringed at the sound of his body hitting the ground. Surprisingly, he got back up in no time. By now, he was covered in bruises.

Derrick started to say something, “Dude, Tom, you o-”

He was cut off by Tom’s fist in his stomach.

Derrick’s body slammed back-first into the wall.

I looked around desperately for someone who could do something, but knew I wouldn’t find anyone. I could feel my panic take its toll on me. My arms and legs shook as I distressfully held myself up against a light pole with a burned out light. “Um, guys…” it was no use to try to get their attention because they got farther away.

Before Tom could hit him again, Derrick dodged so Tom’s fist would collide into the wall. “Shit!” he cursed the second his hand missed Derrick. Anger flashed in his dark eyes.

It was then that I knew that this fight couldn’t go any longer. I worried that the fight would go too far and someone would end up seriously injured so I followed my second instinct (the first was no use, seeing as it was to get the hell out of there while I still could!). My body rose from being leaned against the pole and I ran as fast as I could to Derrick, who was about to throw a punch at Tom, who was also about to do the same. When I reached Derrick, I yanked on his arm and practically knocked him to the ground behind me.

Little did I know, Tom’s arm was never stopped. It was then that everything went black for a few moments as I hit the ground. A severe pain was stretched from the entire top of my cheek to my jaw that hurt like hell.

I opened my eyes as Derrick rushed over to me. He wrapped his arms around me, picked me up, and leaned me against the wall he’d previously been smashed against with Tom’s hand.

There was sorrow in his bright blue-green eyes as he looked at my possibly bruised face. Derrick wiped away the tears I didn’t know fell and ran a hand through my hair. “Don’t worry, Rose, this guy is going down.”

Tom looked at his bloodied fist in horror like he couldn’t believe what just happened.

Derrick grabbed his wrist and twisted it. A glare was on his face.

Tom’s look of horror changed to one of anger “Let me go you emo bitch! I hope you cut yourself to death!”

Again, what the hell? Cut? Derrick was only a bad boy right? He got in trouble sometimes, sure, but cutting? That was so not my Derrick! Wait, my Derrick? Yes, my Derrick… No! We were just friends as far as I knew…

“Don’t you have something to say?” Derrick demanded.
“I-I shouldn’t h-have hit a g-girl, I-I’m sorry,” he stuttered. The he started to murmur things. I was too far away to hear.

Derrick let go of Tom.

Tom ran off without looking back.

“Can you stand?” he walked to me, but stopped and knelt down when he was right in front of me.

I tried to stand up. Pain shot up my leg and I shook my head, “My ankle, it’s twisted.” My ankle and cheek weren’t the only parts of me hurting. It ached all over. “Can you just take me home?” All I wanted was to lie in bed until all the aching stopped.

“No, I’m taking you to a hospital,” he picked me up bridal style. “Do you always get yourself in trouble like this?”

I blushed and laughed along nervously. “Um, you are taking me home right?”

“Fine have it your way.”

I smiled as I rested my head against his warm chest, “Thanks for helping me.”

“No need to thank me,” he smiled down at me.

A moment of silence passed before I said anything, “Why’d Tom say something about cutting?”

This question stopped Derrick in his tracks. He didn’t say anything for a long time. “Well Tom has been drinking so he was out-of-it,” he walked on like before.

“He didn’t seem drunk,” I remembered the first day I’d met Tom. He didn’t seem drunk then either or changed one bit. Was Derrick trying to hide something?

“Rose, don’t worry about that bastard,” he looked ahead.

I decided to try getting information from him. “Why were you going down the dark street?”

“I was just on a walk.”

“Yeah, me too.”

“Rose, don’t you know how dangerous that street is?”

“Yeah, your point is?”

He looked down at me with a raised eyebrow.

I laughed, “I can take care of myself really.”

“Just how far is your house?” he changed the subject, but I ignored my urge to ask why.

“Don’t worry at this point there’s only about two miles left.”

“What?!”

“Well don’t you have a car?” I asked.

“Yeah, but Benn borrowed it.”

Okay, so that black and blue striped Comaro, 2010 version, wasn’t Benn’s? It was actually Derrick’s? What the hell? Well, since he didn’t mention it before, I have no obligation to tell him that I’d been in his car with his ever-so-resourceful friend.

“You’re a good friend,” I smiled. My mind went to the car which was really random since I was almost raped. Weird. I sighed quietly in relief that I hadn’t spilled or really touched anything in the car.

“Yeah, but if I find anything wrong or out-of-place then I’m going to kill him. No doubt about it.”

Two hours later, we made it to my house. All the lights were out except for the one on the porch that never went out. Lucky for us it was almost one in the morning.

Derrick set me down slowly on the grass.

I winced in pain as my ankle touched the ground. “Derrick!” I grabbed on to him as I fell forward. My own legs wouldn’t hold me up right.

Derrick tumbled to the ground as I fell on top of him. My lips crashed against his. The minute I tumbled down I had closed my eyes so I didn’t realize what I was doing until I opened my eyes.

I pulled away quickly and turned my face. There was a good chance that my face had turned cherry red. I feared that Derrick would comment.

Derrick’s arms wrapped around me and pulled me down. He embraced me into another kiss. It was warm and passionate.

I could literally melt in his arms. I’d never thought of how his kisses would be, but now I knew that they’re majorly addicting. Something took over me that wanted never to pull away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't like to write fight scenes but it was necessary and you all wanted more. Hopefully I didn't disappoint? Let me know what you all think (: