‹ Prequel: Your Love is my Drug
Sequel: Blah Blah Blah

Kiss and Tell

3.

I had managed to cover up most of the axe with perfume, but now I smelled more like a transvestite than a woman. I straightened my hair again and applied some eyeliner and mascara to my eyes. I highlighted my look with a peach blush before pulling back to examine myself in the mirror. I cringed; I couldn’t look good enough for this occasion.

Sighing, I stood up and looked at my outfit. A tight-fit black dress, that was rather short, yet not trashy. It was simple, just black fabric with a heart shaped top. I chose to wear heels, even though I’d tower over most of the women there, and probably be equally as tall as the broad hockey players.

I turned around to examine the back side, but still wasn’t happy. I didn’t look thin enough, my hair was slightly frizzing and my feet were already killing me. There was definitely a reason I never wore heels. There wasn’t any solution to these problems, I was doomed. I would look like a wreck today, even though I finally though I composed myself, and I’d humiliate myself.

“Would you stop looking at yourself?”

I glanced at the doorway to see Jonathan leaning against the doorframe, a water bottle in his hand.

I sighed, eyes flickering back to the mirror, “I can’t get it right.”

He rolled his eyes and placed the water down on the vanity, walking towards me to place his hands on my shoulder, “You look great, Leah.”

I shook my head, turning into full on panic mode, “No, My hair isn’t going right, my dress doesn’t even fit me anymore, and I-I need to look perfect, but-.”

He pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms securely around me, “Hey, hey, hey,” he shushed me, I was nearly taller than him in these damn shoes, “Take it easy, okay?”

My breathing was taking over, I couldn’t get enough air. I was hyperventilating. I clutched onto Jon, trying to keep steady but I honestly felt like I was heading for a full on breakdown. My heart was pounding in my chest and my legs were wobbly, this was too much too fast.

“I’m scared,” I finally admitted aloud.

He frowned, looking at me, “Of what?”

I shrugged, still trying to steady my breathing, “Walking into a room of people who hate me.”

He shook his head quickly, “Nobody hates you. They’ll be happy you’re back.”

I shook my head, shutting my eyes to try and stop the spinning, “I broke Brent’s heart.”

Jonathan rubbed my shoulders absentmindedly and let out a low breath, kissing my head again, “Listen, if they can forgive Patrick, Leah, they can forgive you.”

I opened my eyes and peered at him from behind thick, black lashes, “Did Brent forgive him?”

Jonathan paused and then gave me a look. I understood. Patrick and Brent weren’t constantly fighting, like they had on the ice that one game, shortly after the news hit. They weren’t shouting cold, venomous words at each other every second they could... but they were not friends anymore. Brent didn’t like, trust, or speak to Patrick anymore and Patrick respected that. This was most likely going to be my outcome as well.

I sulked, shoulders slumming and eyes drooping.

He smiled at me, “Sit down and take a few breaths, you’re overreacting.”

I did as I was told. I took a seat on the comfiest (in my opinion) bed in the world and gripped the end of the mattress, inhaling and exhaling to get my breathing steady. Jonathan grabbed his water and handed it to me and I drank it, it actually helped.

“You won’t leave me, right?” I practically begged, looking up at him.

His deep brown eyes lightened as he smiled, “Not if you don’t want me to.”

I nodded, taking another sip, “Good, I don’t want you to.”

He walked forwards and put his hands on either side of my face, kneeling down so that we were eyelevel. I looked at him, ready for him to say something that would completely make me feel better. He was good with things like that, but then again, he was also good at making jokes or sarcastic remarks about or during completely non humorous things. I waited for either one.

“Listen,” he said quietly, searching my eyes for attention, “These are your friends, they haven’t changed. You love them, remember? And you look amazing; you don’t even have to worry about that.”

I sighed and whispered, “Thank you, Jonny.”

He smiled, standing completely upright again, “Your welcome, now get your shit and let’s go, okay loser?”

I rolled my eyes, that didn’t last long. He chuckled, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind him. I stood up to look at my appearance in the reflection again. I fixed my hair and adjusted my dress before deciding it was as good as it was going to get. Tearing my eyes away from the mirror, I grabbed my purse and walked out of the bedroom, shutting off the lights behind me.

“Ready?” he asked, glancing at the clock, it read 11:17.

I stared at him, clutching my purse tightly, “Do you want to hear that answer?”

He grinned and shook his head, grabbing his car keys from the counter, “Not a chance.”
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for all of the support, I love you guys!
I know it's only chapter three, but i'm floored by the amount of you who give feedback- you're my favourites for that reason!!

Let Me Know!