Status: Hold

Dilapidate

Chapter 6

“There’s a letter.”
Who is it by?
“Your brother…he had sent it for you.”

I took the note out of the rough envelope. It was a little crumbled.

Dear D,

I’m running out of time.

Maine is great; the Atlantic Ocean has so many creatures in and out of the water. I got to see the eagles all migrate back to the west.

Sharon was there.

I meet her on my way with Charger. She took the time to give me a tour all around the city.
I think I like her

I sat down on the floor resting my head on the bed. Ray was Ray; he didn’t take the time to use anything to cover up his mistake he just did things without looking back… back.

I’d like to stay here a little bit longer. D I wish you where here, with me that is. Like old times hanging out just listening to music. Remember that?

I end up finding a place to stay at. It took a while and as much as I love Charger it was getting me a little distressed. I’m staying at a motel that I found at the end of the town. No one goes there and the owner is desperate on getting customers. I’m paying him at a good price. How’s mom? She good?

It’s hard up there just the two of you hun? I’ll come back for you—then mom. You need to be here and you should. For dad.
For us.
I’ll be home soon. Kept smiling?


Ray

My hands shook. I had missed my brother. He was my better half. It was always strange— our relationship that is. He stood by me since I was little. When I was always getting picked on but now he left and I was alone. When will he come? He was obviously going to try and find a way on staying longer especially how he has meet this Sharon…
My hands burned. This wasn’t easy for me!

I felt a pitch of hurt, he was okay… Ray was okay but how was it that I wasn’t. Was it even possible to smile again? I wanted to be with him or at least back to when everything was right. I ripped the paper tearing it into tiny pieces. My mother came, hushing me down, stroking my hair and rubbing my face.

“I CAN’T, I CAN’T, I CAN’T!”

Shhh Dokota shhh.

This was only the beginning of the start.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!!