Tell Me Why

Will You Sleep With Me Tonight?

Once dinner was ready, we all sat down at the table, Nick began to slowly eat his food in small portions, I had no idea why he did that whilst I noticed that Kevin was poking at his food.

I knew that it had something to do with what happened today but I still didn't want to see my older brother upset so I started to talk about something that we could all get involved in.

"Well when I was at work today, some random guy asked me if I was Joe Jonas. Of course I said yes, I mean I am after all and this guy starts freaking out looking for a pen to get my autograph. By this time half the shop had stopped to look at me" I laughed as my memory came back to me. That guy was too weird.

"Well you do have Joe's cheek bones and everything else" Nick snickered whilst I stuck my tonuge out at him knowing it was childish but still he deserved it.

I looked over at Kevin who had a slight smile on his face but was still poking at his food so I pulled my pate over sitting beside him at the table receving a knowing glance from Nick but I ignored him only thinking really about helping Kevin.

"Kev, you okay?" I asked touching his arm slightly which caused him to jerk suddenly slapping me across the face. "Ow" I said rubbing the place where he had hit wondering what had gotten into him recently.

"Do I look okay Joe? Dani wrote me a letter, a fucking letter and do you know what she told me? She told me she was pregnant." Kevin lost it there and then breaking down in sobs whilst at Nick who only stared back at me. Big help he was being here at a time like this.

"Oh Kevin" I placed my arms around him not caring that it looked weird especially to Nick but I didn't care. Kevin was upset and I was going to help him.

"Kevin, look at me" Kevin done as he was told, wiping a few losse tears from his face trying to sort himself out.

"Don't you dare give a damn about what Dani has to say. You told me yourself she had lied to you before so what's different now? There's been no morning sickness, we would have known by now. You would have called"

These words seemed to calm Kevin down and he nodded saying that I was most probably right and I nodded telling him to eat.

We all began to eat at the same time and I had to laugh that Nick finished last despite the fact that he started first.

"I'm going up to my room, there's a new song working in my head and I want to get it on paper" Nick jumped up from the table so fast, I thought that he hadn't been sitting at all whilst I turned to Kevin.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked to which Kevin shook his head.

"Nah I think I'll go to bed but Joe do you think you could sleep with me tonight?"

I looked twice at Kevin before nodding understanding now what he had been saying.

"Sure, I'll be up soon after I take care of the dishes."

Shooing Kevin off after making sure that he wouldn't try to help me with the dishes, I turned to the washing up a smile on my face. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it was a step in the right direction.