I Never Thought There'd Be You

1

Pick yourself up, Amy. Come on, you can do it… just try…

The little voice in my head kept saying over and over. I couldn’t take this anymore. Everything set him off. This isn’t fair.

Come on, Amy. You can’t just stay on this floor forever. Get up, it’s not that hard…

Obviously it is if I can’t get up. He hit hard this time. He was angry. I don’t even know what I did to make him mad…

Come on, Amy. Just do it. You know you can…

I pulled myself to a sitting position, my arm searing in pain. I examined my arm, noticing several large bruises, some new, some old. I sighed. There is so much foundation and long sleeved costumes can do…

Every moment of my life, I curse that day at summer camp. I curse that song, the song that made him noticed me…

“Hey…” A blonde boy that looked about my age said. “Is that Meatloaf?” I nodded. “Yeah, I was just practicing…” I said, nodding towards the piano. “I’d Do Anything For Love…” “But I Won’t Do That.” We said at the same time. He shook my head. “Ben, Ben Moody.” He smiled. “Amy, Amy Lee.” I smiled back. From there on, we were inseparable, always playing music together, singing, laughing…

But now it comes to this. Getting beaten every night, and faking a smile and saying I’m happy during the day. Faking I’m happy with him out in public-

“I love you, Amy.”

-and being afraid to come home every night.

“I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE, BITCH.”

He was using me. He wrote some sappy love song and made me sing it, making us noticed. He’s obsessed with being famous, people knowing who he is, and having whatever he wants to not notice how much he’s hurting everyone else.
Mostly me. And it shows. He threatens to kill me if I ever tell anyone. So I just keep my mouth shut.

You’re just going to let him control your life for the rest of your days?

I sighed. “Apparently...” I said to myself.

Pick yourself up, Amy. Come on….

I tried to stand up, falling twice, feeling wobbly on the third try, but standing.

There you go, now go to the bathroom, hide your bruises, and go see Josh…

Joshua Hartzler, my personal therapist and best friend. He’s the only one I can tell everything to. Well, almost everything. Everything I won’t get killed for saying… Without him, I don’t know what I’d do…

I walked into the bathroom, using the walls as support. I looked at the mirror, horrified.

Is that me?

My eyes were bloodshot and my mascara left trails down my face.

You’re a mess.

I cleaned my face and applied foundation to my bruises. They were hidden enough, not that noticeable. I left the bathroom and helped myself along the wall to my room. I grabbed a soft, black fleece hoodie, just in case Josh might notice my arm and ask me what’s wrong. He had noticed them before. I panicked and lied.

“I fell down the stairs…”

I hated lying to Josh. He was always truthful to me, and I lie to him… I shook my head.

No use in feeling sympathetic for yourself, go see Josh.
♠ ♠ ♠
wooo EV fanfiction!

please comment!