I Never Thought There'd Be You

2.

It hurt so much. I walked out of the house and noticed he took my car. Again.

Great, let’s walk.

Josh didn’t live so far, but it just hurt to move around that much.

Come on Amy, you can do it.

That seems to be all my mind is telling me. ‘You can do it.’ Yeah, well what if I don’t want to?

Seriously, you want to quit now? Right here on the sidewalk on the way to Josh’s? Really? You’re stronger than that.

I felt bad for not calling Josh before I left. But, then again, he always welcomes me in open arms whenever I come over.

“You’re always welcome, Amy. Whenever you need me, you’re always welcome here.”

I smiled at the pavement. Josh was the nicest person in the world. I couldn’t ask for a better best friend than him.
I turned a corner and looked at the numbers on the houses.
“223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, ah. 229.”
I walked up the stone walkway to the front door, standing on the welcome mat on the small porch. Josh lived by himself in a small house. He always kept it neat. That’s one thing I love about him, he’s so neat and organized. I watched the door.

Come on, knock on the door.

I brought my hand up to the door and softly tapped on it.

He’s not gonna hear tha-

The door opened and I was greeted by Josh’s smile.
“Amy! Hi! Come in.” He said, standing aside to let me in. I smiled and watched my feet walk into his house as he lead me to sit on the couch.

“So…” He said, looking at me. “What brings you here?”
I played with a stray fabric on my jacket. “I just wanted someone to talk to.”

Wow, desperate much?

“Well, talk. I am a therapist, you know.”
I laughed. “I know you are, Josh.”
He smiled. “So what do you need to talk about?”
“Anything. I just need to get my mind off this one thing...” I said, my voice trailing off.
“What is that ‘thing’ you want to get your mind off?”

I started panicking.

Ben will kill you if you tell him.
But I can’t lie to Josh, not again. Ben won’t find out if I tell Josh, Josh won’t say anything.
He’ll find out. He Always does.
♠ ♠ ♠
woo chapter 2.

comments please :]