Sometimes We Takes Chances, Sometimes We Take Pills

Coffee Lips

The door closed and I looked back at Mikey. My eyes were wide and I couldn’t say anything. His smile began to fall, and with it’s decline I could feel a frown forming on my face. I didn’t like him not smiling. I really liked his smile. I think I might like him.

“Pete? Please say something.” I’m now realizing how I don’t like this, him being unhappy. But I didn’t say anything; I just pulled his face to mine. I like his lips, they taste like coffee. I liked the feel of his angular jaw bone under my hands and his skinny yet attractive body near mine.

When I did pull away the first thing that came to me, to say was, “You taste like coffee.” But apparently Mikey didn’t take it as a compliment, like it was meant to be.
“Oh-I-should brush my teeth-when.” I pressed a finger to his lips.
“I like coffee.” I could feel his lips pull upwards into a smile and I removed my finger, for I was planning on kissing his delicious tasting lips again.

“Is one of you Peter Wentz?” I pulled away from Mikey slightly, wondering who this bearded man was.
“I’m Pete, why?”
“I’m your roommate…” He paused and looked Mikey up and down, “too bad your… friend here isn’t you.” I could feel Mikey shiver and I pulled him closer to me. My creepy roommate and went to sit on the other bed in the room. No, his bed in our room. “Carry on.” He said waving his hands at us in a dismissive manner.
“What?” I didn’t follow.
“Continue making out, I was enjoying the show.” I scrunched my face, disgusted with the man. Apparently so was Mikey.
“You know what Pete, I’ve got to go, I need to go, uh, check on the dogs, I’ll call you.”
“Okay.” I said unhappily, I didn’t want him to go, he just got here. He pulled me into his long, lanky arms, and hugged me tightly while laying his head on my shoulder.
“Get better soon.” He said forlornly.
“I will,” for you. His coffee lips connected with my check and he let go, leaving me and the hospital.

“Your boyfriend’s hot.” I scowled at him, saying nothing. “He is your boyfriend, isn’t he?” I still said nothing. “He isn’t!” The man shouted with a huge smile. “Do I have a chance? I would definitely tap that.”
“Shut up!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.
“Woah, calm down dude, you don’t have a claim on him.”
“Shut up! Don’t you dare touch him, look at him, or even think about him, ever!”
“Pete, Pete-y, Pete-y boy, if you’re not dating him, what’s the big deal.”
“Just don’t.” I said giving him a death glare.

I ended up in the common room, sitting on an old couch watching the news. It was depressing, there was family looking for a missing a child, reports on how many American soldiers died in the middle east this week, and a clip on how a husband killed his wife and child. I hate people.
“Peter?” It was a young nurse calling me.
“Yeah?” What does she want, I’ve taken my pills so far and haven’t acted up, and I’ve already ate today.
“You have a phone call from a Mr. Way.” I was surprised to say the least. He must have just got home.

“Hello? Mikey?”
“Pete! I’m so sorry, I bailed on you so quickly! It’s just that dude was fucking creepy.”
“No, no, it’s okay. I understand. But hey, after a month, of good behaviour they’ll let us leave the building and walk around, and we could avoid him. I mean if you want to walk around together.”
“I would really like that.” I grinned at his words, not wanting to wait a month to spend alone time with Mikey.
“Okay.” He could probably hear the smile in my voice, I haven’t been this happy in a long time. “Will you still visit me in the meantime? I mean, I think I can kick that dude out.” I quickly began to frown when I imagined him not coming to see me for such a long time.
“Of course Pete.” I feel like a teenage girl right now, so damn happy about getting to see a boy I like. I don’t care though. I love how happy I felt when I thought about Mikey visiting me.
“Sounds good, Coffee Lips.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like!
-Abbi