The Prophecy

Chapter ten

I woke up to the sound of the shower from the bathroom. When the water stopped I kind of prayed that Aidan would step out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his torso. That's why I was disappointed when he was fully dress as he walked out.

"God morning." I said with a smile.

"Morning." He said while walking over to the armchair and sat down.

"Where did you go last night, or early morning?" I corrected myself.

"I had to feed." He answered shortly.

He made it uncomfortable. I looked down at my lap and remembered the clothes.

"Thank you by the way, for the clothes."

He nodded.

The time moved on quickly as the sun went down once again. I was ready to leave when Aidan stopped me.

"What?" I asked.

"Before we go.." He pulled his hand back and my eyes widened as he pulled out a gun. "This is for you. I doesn't kill vampires but it will at least slow them down." He handed it to me.

I hesitated a while before taking it. It felt really heavy in my hands.

"I'm not so sure about my aim."

"It's just a safety measure." He said looking at me.

"Where did you get this?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter, just don't lose it."

We went directly to the car, without bothering checking out.

"Okay, where does that friend of yours live?" I asked while I started the car.

"You know the big mansion two blocks away from the cinema?" I nodded. "That's where he and some other vampires lives."

"I always thought that it was kind of strange to have a big mansion in the middle of the city." I said.

"Yeah. His family has own the mansion for several generations. When people sold their houses for destruction in order to build a new city, they refused. So they had to build around it." Aidan explained.

"That's great. I mean I would probably have done the same thing if it meant something important to me."

Rest of the ride was quiet. I didn't really have anything to say. We got out of the car and I stared at they alley before me.

"Remind me again why we stopped three blocks from the mansion." I said without looking away from the alley.

"Because Gavin and the others might recognize the car so it's safer for us and the others if it isn't so obvious where we are staying."

I looked down the street next to me. Not too far from here was my school. What if Mason was right and Brenda was alive? She had to be since he saw here and talked to her. She was my best friend, I had to know.

"Aidan, when I talked to Mason he told me he spoke to Brenda."

Aidan stopped and looked at me. "What?"

"He told me he met Brenda the day after I found her dead and talked to her." I answered.

"He was lying to you or-"

"No." I interrupted him.

"-It wasn't her." Aidan finished.

"But Aidan. If it wasn't Brenda then how could she know that I had an aunt in Europe? Besides, Mason knows very well how Brenda looked like. There is no way he could have mistaken her for someone else." I explained.

"I don't know how, but I do know that they have a finger in this." He said referring to Gavin and the others. "If you go there you might go right into their arms and I can't let you make that mistake. Listen to me when I say that we have to keep going."

I nodded but didn't follow as he continued to walk. I closed my eyes. I prayed to God that he would forgive me but I wanted to know, I had to know. This was my best friend and if she was alive than I had to see her face one more time. I picked up the gun that Aidan gave me and aimed. I was crazy, I knew that. I closed my eyes one last time before I released one shot. I knew I had hit when I heard the body fall to the ground. I let out a sob as I dropped the gun, letting it hit the asphalt. I didn't dare to look. I hated myself at the moment. I ran to the car, knowing that someone must have heard the shot and I had to hurry before Aidan would heal and come after me.

I managed to get inside the school thanks to the little path in the bushes. That's how we used to smuggle in things and persons, the teacher didn't know it was there. As I walked down the halls, images of the horrible night flashed before me. I could still see the dead bodies like they were still there. I rushed to the room that I used to sleep, study and eat in. When I stood there, right in front of the door I felt my stomach twitch. When I knocked on the door it echoed through the halls. My wait felt like an eternity. Many different possiblities ran inside my head. She could be dead and the door would never open, and I could go on like before. She could be alive and then I would never leave her out of my sight, I would either stay here or she would come with me. But the worst possibility was that this, like Aidan said, was a trap and I would be killed right here....no. They needed me so they would not kill me, but they would kidnap me and turn me into a vampire against my will. That was even worse. But then again, why should've I believed this stuff. Just because Aidan told me that some old hag, sorry about the language, told a story about a ancient goddess trapped in human girls body, doesn't mean it's true. It was actually quite riddicolous, all of it.

Suddenly the door opened slowly. My breathing stopped and I was pretty sure my heart did too for just a second. There she was, worned but perfect none the less. She yawned and it took her a few seconds to recognize me but when she did, her eyes widened. One second later I was pulled into a tight hug.

"Adrianna, oh my god, your here! Where have you been? You were suppose to come back two weeks ago."

At first I didn't react to anything she said, I was just so happy to have her in my arms. I knew I hugged her twice as hard but I really didn't care. She was in my arms, my best friend! I couldn't help but to let the tears flow down my cheeks. Brenda finally pulled away and was confused by my sudden tears. She led me inside and we both sat down at my old red couch.

"What's wrong, did something happen to you?" Brenda looked at me worried.

I nearly chuckled, where do I start?

When I didn't answer she continued. "You want some water? You look a little dehydrated."

I just nodded my head. I really didn't know what to say. She believed too that I had went to visit my aunt. I was fighting with myself over if I should tell her the truth or go with the story. In the end I chose to go with the aunt thing, since it was probably dangerous for her to know the truth. Brenda walked over to the little kitchen, or more like section.

"So, how are your cousin Sam?" She asked while she poured water into a glass.

My cousin Sam was eleven years old and had 'Asperger syndrome', so he had very big troubles with social interaction and he wasn't very 'bright', if you get my meaning. My aunt felt a little ashamed of her son, sad but true, so she never told anyone about him except if she really had to, like in school and stuff, and she made us promise to never tell anyone else about him either. I didn't like it one bit but I did as she said, since she was still my relative and I loved her.

"Oh well, He's happy and..."

Then I realized, very slow I know, but anyway. I hadn't told anyone about him, not even Brenda. So how could she know? Brenda came back with my glass of water and smiled at me, I didn't return it and I put the glass on the table.

"How do you know about Sam? I've never told you about him." I asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

She kept her smile. "Sure you did. You don't remember?"

I shook my head. "No, I remember perfectly. I haven't told anyone about him." I got up from the couch. "Who are you?"

She got up too. "What are you talking about Adrianna? It's me, Brenda, your best friend?"

"Drop the act! I'm not stupid, now who are you?" I asked one more time.

She chuckled. "And here I thought I was doing such a good job. I thoght that if I knew about all of your relatives and your life, you would believe me, but now I find out that you didn't trust your best friend enough to tell her about everything. What a disappointing."

"Shut up! I trust my friend more than you could ever know, I would trust her with my life."

"Well, that's hard isn't it? How can you trust something to her when she's not even alive?"

I narrowed my eyes. Then I watched my best friend being taken from me a second time and instead turn into a vampire that I knew all too well.

Victoria.

She walked up to me and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at her.

"This was just too easy, you really are as dumb as I thought you were. I knew this plan was going to work. But of course I wouldn't have been able to go with it if it weren't for you." She looked behind me, so I turned around.

I gasped, Mason? There he was in the corner waiting with a grin. So he was in on all of this too.

"How long?" I asked him.

He stepped out of the corner and gave me a dark smile. " Two weeks after our date Victoria nearly drinked my blood, but not before she asked me about you. When I told her that I actually knew you pretty well, she knew that I was good use. So, she let me live and she even promised me that if I would help her and her plan would succeed, she would turn me and I would become one of them."

"Like I said..." I turned back to Victoria at the sound of her voice. "....It was too easy."

I looked around me for a way out but Victoria noticed and grabbed my throat. Not too hard so she strangled me, but to keep me in place. She pulled me closer and sniffed my neck. I shivered at her cold breath on my skin.

"If it was up to me I would kill you and drain you right here and now."

I gulped.

"I know I can't do that." She continued, but then her face brightened up and she smiled. "But one or two drops wouldn't hurt, would it. It's not like it's going to kill you, or turn you."

She sniffed me again and pulled her head back. She opened her mouth and the teeth seemed to sparkle in the moonlight. As she were to sink her teeth in my skin I closed my eyes. I cursed at myself for not listening to Aidan. He knew this would happen and if I just had done what he said both of us would be fine.

My eyes shot open when I heard a loud crash and the grip on my neck disappeared. Victoria was nowhere in sight, but Aidan was. A smile broke out on my face as he picked me up and ran to the window and the next thing I know we jumped out of the window and I mean literally jumped. When Aidan hit the ground of the street, he let me down. He looked up at the window, probably waiting for Victoria to show up any second, I did too. But then my gace turned to somewhere else and I was shocked. In all of my time on the school it was rare for cars to come by so late, so it was kind of funny how fate had twisted it all up. I didn't have much time, two seconds at most. I screamed Aidans name as I pushed him out of the way. It must have caught him off guard because he lost balance and stumbled forward. I looked back at the car right in time when it crashed into me. At first I didn't feel anything but when my head hit the hood of the car, it hurt, so much. I felt how my body rolled over the hood and then crashing down on the hard ground. The pain was overwhelming, shocking. It was something I never had experienced before. Every part of my body was screaming in pain and I could feel the discusting taste of blood in my mouth. I tried to move but I failed. My body was slowly starting to give up on me and I could feel my head do too. Everything felt so distant and my sight started to blurr.

In a flash Aidan was by my side, pulling me to his lap. He gently stroked all the sticky hair away from my face, never looking away from my eyes. He reapeted over and over again that I was going to be okay and to hold on. But I saw the truth in his eyes, it was really bad, and I was slowly dying. I opened my mouth to talk.

"I'm sorry." I barely whispered but I knew Aidan heard me.

I gave him a weak smile. My breathing was getting more and more laboured, until there was almost nothing and I could feel my eyelids starting to close and with them, my mind. I felt Aidan shaking me.

"No, Adrianna! You need to stay awake on me."

I forced my eyes back open just to feel them closing again and once again Aidan shook me.
"Stay awake!"

Suddenly Aidan was pulled away from me and I hit the ground again. In could hear him fighting next to me and I could hear it was Victoria he was fighting. She was screaming that I was a filthy human and that I deserved to die. I felt again as my eyelids wanted to close. This time I didn't have the strenght to stop them and this time, they stayed closed. My mind gave up on me.

You know how they say that right before you die your whole life flashes by? That's not what happened to me. Instead I saw different versions of what the future could have been like and let me tell you, all of them included Aidan, in a way. I wasn't ready. There were so many things that I wanted to do. Like, turning eighteen, is one thing. I wanted to know what rest the world had in store for me. I wasn't ready to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Number ten people!
I don't like begging but like I said, I want some kind of respons, otherwise I'm not even sure that anyone is really reading it. Respons is very important to a writer, or more like a "wannabe writer" in my case :P

But please, share your thoughts to me, good or bad.
Thank you!