These Lights

We'll Move Onto a Western View

Patrick came to help us move, putting everything in boxes, making this townhouse look empty.

On the road, Mayday Parade could be heard echoing through the house, just as I tossed some more of our things to Adam.

"I'm sure going to miss you, Sharpie," I half smiled at him as he looked up at me.

"You know you can always visit and we'll visit," He gave me a smile.

"I know." I half smiled.

"Plus, you two are coming back here for your wedding," Patrick smiled brightly at the two of us, "and you have one sexy best man to be there."

"And who's that?" Adam questioned, his voice thick with sarcasm.

"Adam," I shoved with him lightly, "be nice."

"You know I am," He wrapped his arms around my waist, placing a sweet kiss on my temple.

Finally moving day came. The day when we set out on the road, both our cars jam packed with things we needed most, traveling down the miles of open roads in the bright sun. The worst part was watching the Chicago Skyline disappear from my rear view mirror, breaking my heart. The shining sun caught my engagement ring, which I knew I had made the right decision, even if it meant heartache.

Pulling into the driveway of the new house Adam, had bought us, I stepped out of the car to start to take boxes into the house. I was nervous about this all, it was new to me but seeing Adam's smile on his face whenever he looked into my eyes, made me realize that it was all going to be ok.

"See," Adam smiled, just as I pulled the box into the house to have him wrap his arms around my waist, "We'll make this home."

"Yeah," I took a heavy sigh looking around.

"I know it's not Chicago but we can still visit. You know you can go without me and the guys will still come back here to visit."

"Do you think we could ever move back there?" I shrugged, running my fingers across his arms. "You know, raise our family there someday?"

"Maybe someday," He held me close to him. "But shouldn't we start one first?"

"Well," I drew out as I felt Adam's arms drop from me to turn me to face him.

"Jamie?" Adam questioned, his facial features half shocked, half soft. "Are you saying-"

"Remember when I told you I felt sick before the finals?" I questioned as he nodded at me, "There's a reason for that."

"We're having a baby?" His mouth dropped open but his eyes sparkled to which I nodded.

"I'm eight weeks," I smiled to feel his lips connect to mine in a quick kiss.

"I love you," Adam whispered.

"I love you too."