Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 6

We stared at each other in a stunned silence. I was shocked because I was not expecting him to return for another two months at least. He was confused because of a particular someone completely immobilised at his feet, or so I assumed he was. I could never tell with Lucius Rain.

Embarrassment gnawed at my stomach when his dark eyes slowly scanned every inch of me and heightened my awareness of the fact that my flimsy nightdress was not covering as much of my thighs as it should be. He raised his eyebrows when his eyes eventually locked with my hostile glare.

“I thought you gave up with the escaping.” He commented.

“Trying now and then doesn’t hurt, Sir.” I replied stiffly.

“I’m sure it does.” He muttered then crouched down beside me. “But still I didn’t think you would try something like this again. You haven’t for,” he thought for a moment. “Two years I believe. And the last time was because a new kitchen boy made a break for it.”

His large hand moved towards my face and he gently brushed the loose strands from my face, the contact from his fingers sending a shiver through my body. I knew he had picked up on it when he smiled which caused me to wish looks could quite literally kill because he sure as hell would have died a hundred times over just then.

“Your point?”

He shrugged his broad shoulders then smiled that irritating knowing smile. “I have no point really. Just that I know you would not run away now and you would only go this far to stop the new ones from running.”

I rolled my eyes. In his normal screwed up way, the Master was telling me he knew what had really happened. He knew I stopped someone from escaping although who it was he wouldn’t ask nor will I tell. To the Master it never happened.

I yelped with surprise when I felt his hands slide under my legs and back and he stood, effortlessly picking me up and cradling me in his strong arms. My cheeks flamed red and my eyes glared at him angrily, wishing he wasn’t a ‘pure’ blood and burst into flames from the dying sun.

“How has Alphonse been? He hasn’t been causing any trouble has he?” He asked as he walked back towards the house and completely ignored the aura of fury that was flooding out of my every pore.

I snorted and scowled. “That boy was born to cause trouble.”

A dark expression passed over the Master's face. “What has he done?”

“Nothing as such. Just gave me the title of mentor.” I muttered, stretching my fingers as the mark let me have control over my body.

I stiffened when Lucius laughed, sending my heart racing.

“He chose you to look after a new one?” He said incredulous.

I thumped his shoulder. “It’s not that hard to believe, now put me down. I can walk from here.” I snapped at him.

My anger rose when he ignored me and strolled up to the large doors which opened by their own accord, and he swept inside. The Head Butler who had been waiting, Arnold, quickly shut the door behind us then shuffled to Lucius’s side.

“I got your message sir, though I was surprised that you would be returning so soon.” He said, smiling at the Master. The fact I was fuming in the Master's arms seemed to fly right over the elderly man's head.

Lucius returned his smile. “I felt I was not needed at the Meet anymore so I came home before my nephew caused any trouble.”

“The young master has been behaving well, sir. He even visited the Auction and brought a new maid home.”

A chuckle rumbled in Lucius’s broad chest and his eyes glanced down it me with amusement. “I heard.”

“She is a good girl. Quiet, but gets her tasks done.” The butler's eyes finally landed on me. “Trying to escape again Susan?”

I snorted then looked up at my master. “You can put me down now.”

I felt his arms tighten around me briefly then he slowly lowered me onto my feet. I stumbled away from him, tugging them hem of my dress down, and glared at him.

“You should be more polite towards the Master. He carried you inside didn’t he?” Arnold scolded.

I scowled at him before I turned my gaze to the tall powerful man standing lazily in front of me. I inhaled heavily before I curtsied as best as I could in my nightdress.

“Thank you for bringing me inside, master.”

“You are welcome Susan.” Came the deeply voiced reply.

Arnold clicked his tongue. “And you, sir, shouldn’t be welcoming your servants.” Lucius raised his eyebrows but said nothing. “Now run along Susan, I am sure you would like to sleep in your bed for another hour before you are called for your services again.”

I gave both men a withering look before marching off in a very unladylike manner. I stormed through the hallways and darted up stairways before I came to the top floor where the many small rooms of the maids were hidden.

I stopped briefly when I saw Ella curled in a ball outside the battered door. Carefully I approached her and knelt beside her, gently placing my hand on her small shoulder and shook. She cried out and froze, startled, but relaxed when she recognised me.

“It’s you Susan.” She said then looked confused when she saw the sun setting outside from the grand window of the stairs behind me. “How did you get back inside?”

My jaw tightened and fingers twitched.

“He’s back.”

She widened her eyes. “Who’s back?” She asked though I had a funny feeling she already knew.

“Lucius Rain.” I said and stood sharply. “The Master of this house.”

I stepped passed her and opened the door only to be stopped when Ella grabbed a handful of skirt.

“You okay?” She asked warily.

I looked back at her. “Of course I am okay. I just have to come up a plan to kill him very quickly is all.” I unhooked her hand from my dress. “Now I want to go to sleep. Napping on sharp stones for hours has done my back no good.”

I walked inside, ignoring the sigh from Ella, and headed over to my iron bed. I collapsed onto the thin mattress gratefully and sighed.

I needed to make plans quickly. His power over me was getting stronger to the point where I could not even think properly when I heard that deep husky voice. I snarled at my thoughts and grabbed my sheet and hurled it over my head.

That man desperately needed to die.