10 steps to falling dangerously in love

Step 1

“L, o, v, e,” Amy read out slowly from her notebook, as if she were in a trance.“My pocket dictionary gives over fourteen different definitions, such as ‘a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.’ But from what I’ve seen from our world, love is more than just a feeling. It’s a solid, existing feeling between two people that has the power to make or break a relationship, drive mothers over the edge for their children and unite broken families. Love is something different for everyone in the way we express it, use it and feel it. It can be described in so many ways; I would also have to agree with my dictionary, when it reads, ‘love is a sexual passion or desire’.” At those words, Amy let her eyes drop to stare dead straight at the boy sitting at the front of the class also watching her, with a cocky grin splayed across his face. Amy smiled too, ready to open her mouth to continue, however Mr Grantly stopped her mid sentence.

“Erm, I think that’s enough Amy. Great breaking down of the definition, though slightly going off track,” he mumbled to himself.

“Wait, hold on Sir,” the boy piped up, his eyebrows crossing, though he continued to smile, “I think, Amy should be able allowed to continue.”

Grantly rolled his eyes, “And who on earth are you?”

“Finn, Sir!” he smiled like it was obvious, “Finn Sharkie, and I think that Amy should be allowed…” he began, but once again Grantly was quick to cut in, now thoroughly annoyed that he was having to waste his energy to deal with some boy.

“Ah, Finn Sharkie, the new boy, Mr Mead warned me about you,” he grumbled, “All I have to say to you, Mr Sharkie, is that I don’t care whether you’re new, whether you want to hear hours of Miss Porters speech, and if you or Miss Porter has a problem with that, then you and her can both make your way down to the cooler for some afternoon detention!”

Amy, who up to now had been admiring Finn’s black leather jacket, dark hair and chocolate brown eyes, stepped out of her reverie and quickly sat back down in her seat. The class was completely quiet shocked at the lazy teacher’s reaction, it was the most he had said in the last half an hour. Amy kept her head down for the rest of the lesson, her hand busily decorating her English notebook with hearts and her head only lifting sometimes to catch Finn winking and smirking at her.

“Why him?” Shevonne questioned anxiously as she grabbed Amy’s arm on the way out of class, “He’s so up his own nose, and was just asking for trouble back in there.”

“Well, because,” Amy exclaimed back, staring sympathetically at her best friend and her flower hair pins and large ugly black school jacket, “Well, I guess it’s just because I like guys who are not only really fit, but not afraid of a little trouble and are confident. Guess, I just can’t help myself. I’m not like you, I just can’t settle with the nice and geeky, I guess.” Amy shrugged her shoulders and sauntered off down the corridor, while Shevonne stared wistfully after her. She knew she was about to lose her best friend, and wasn’t surprised that at the moment it didn’t really bother her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapters will be short, as I was going to make this one big one shot, but I think it's better this way. Please feel free to comment if you like it or any helpful advice, would be veeery helpful and appreciated (: