Status: Finished.

Victims of Love

Hook Me Up

“Blaire, come on,” Her roommate and best friend, Brooke groaned, tugging at the bed sheets at her feet. “You have to fucking wake up already! It’s almost three!”

Blaire ignored her friend’s pleas and instead curled up to her pillow more. Trying to sleep off the terrible feeling she had. It was the same feeling she had since her and Brooke went out last night.

“If you’re just going to fucking sleep all goddamn day, then I’m going and leaving without you,” Brooke huffed, giving up and walked out of Blaire’s room.

Finally she had some quiet.

Hey you’re a crazy bitch. But you fuck so good I’m on top of it. When I dream, I’m doin’ you all night. Scratches all down my back to keep me right on.

She groaned as her sleep and quiet was disturbed for the second time. She fumbled around for the phone on the table beside her bed, not even bothering to look at the caller ID, hitting the green button and pressing the receiver up against her ear.

“Hello?”

“Is this Blaire?”

“This is she,” She said, flipping the covers off of her head, but still staying in bed. “Who’s this?”

“Matt. We met at Johnny’s last night,” He informed her. “You were doing Bazooka Joe shots with me and somewhere along the line you gave me your number.”

Blaire nodded her head, vaguely remembering. “Okay?”

“Well…. I was uh, wondering if you…. And if not it’s totally cool…. If you wanted to meet up there again tonight?”

She rolled over and looked at her clock on the table beside her bed which promptly displayed three-ten on it now.

“Around eight?” He suggested.

“Let me check with Brooke and I’ll get back to you on that in just a second,” She said crawling out of bed and putting the phone up to her chest to muffle the noise.

“Brooke?”
“Yeah?” She answered, looking of from her magazine that she was reading on the couch.

“You going out tonight?”
“Brian asked me out to dinner and then we were going to go to the bar for a little bit and meet up with some of his friends. Why?”

Blaire waved her hand to shush her and Brooke noted to ask her about it later.

“Eight sounds good,” Blaire smiled in to the phone.

“Great! I’ll be looking for you.”

“Bye.”
“Bye.”

She hung up the phone and put it back down on the table. She made her way back in to the living room and was immediately questioned by Brooke.

“So who’s the mystery robot on the phone?”
“He wasn’t a robot,” Blaire chuckled.

He?” Brooke repeated, arching her eyebrows for added effect.

“Yes, he,” She answered with a serious face. Brooke’s lips formed an ‘o’ shape and a gasp escaped as well.

“Tell me all about it!”

“He just asked me to meet him at the bar at eight for drinks. That’s all.”

Brooke scrunched her eyebrows together. “How’d he get your number in the first place?”

“My best friend was off with her boyfriend and I was apparently doing Bazooka Joe shots with him. Then I gave him my number all thanks to you,” Blaire replied, giving her a glare as well.

“Hey! You looked like you were holding down the fort pretty well!” Brooke defended. “I wasn’t going to stop you when you were all pissy and drinking. I learned my lesson from that experience.”

Blaire sighed. “I know, and I’m still sorry for ruining your pretty face.” She walked over to the couch and Brooke moved her legs.

“Well, Brian and Zack’s makeup tips did help cover the bruises.”

“Why don’t you ever bring them here?” She asked, sitting down next to her friend. “You always talk about them, but sometimes I think you’re lying.”

“Babe, I don’t know if you could handle them. They’re quite a handful sometimes.” She laughed. “Jimmy is just fucking out of his mind.”

“I bet none of them are as bad as you.”

Brooke’s eyes got as wide as saucers. She shook her head violently. “They’re worse.

“Won’t believe it till I see it.”

“You better go shower and get ready for your mystery man,” Brooke told me.

“And you better go get ready for your dinner date with you man candy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a short story for my Jenna.
because I love her. And I've never done a Shadows story before.

REV