Status: Finished.

Victims of Love

Party Like A Rockstar

A few hours of straightening her dark hair and applying a bit of make up, Blaire was finally ready. Brooke had already left for her date with Brian but said she would text her when she was heading to the bar. That was the way the girls worked. If one was going somewhere, they’d text each other when they got there.

They did this all the way since sophomore year of high school when they were followed home by a creeper in a white fifteen passenger van. From then on they were paranoid about being kidnapped. Hence, the constant texting of where their location was.

Blaire checked the time on her phone. Seven-thirty-two. She figured she should probably leave now if she wanted to at least get one drink in her before her mystery man showed up. Although, he wasn’t really a mystery man. She did vaguely remember what he looked like. He had tattoos and gauges in his ears, and a lip ring that she had been eyeing the whole night.

Blaire had a thing for men with lip piercings.

She grabbed her clutch from the counter and her car keys from the hook, locking the front door as she made her exit and heading off to her car. The midnight blue Honda Civic came to life and she backed out of the driveway, hitting the gas and going down the street.

A short drive later, she had arrived in the parking lot of Johnny’s Bar. Stepping out on to the asphalt, she could already hear the music playing inside. She chuckled lightly to herself when she heard the words to a song that Brooke always sang. She said that Brian had the most amazing guitar skills and that the song would just blow any person away.

Blaire made her way up to the bar ordering a simple glass of Jack Daniel’s to start off with. She thanked the bartender when he passed it to her and she took a seat on an empty stool. Her head bobbed with the beat of the music that played, which was now a mix of a hip-hop sounding beat meet heavy guitar chords.

“I thought I saw you over here.”

She spun around on her seat to have been greeted with her mystery man from the phone, otherwise known and Matt.

“Hey!” She grinned; setting down her glass and getting up to give him a hug.

“Started without me?” He said quietly next to her ear. Her cheeks turned a little pink as they pulled away from each other.

“I couldn’t help myself.”

Matt ordered himself a vodka and cranberry and waited for the bartended to mix it for him. Blaire continued to drink her whiskey, enjoying its taste.

“You look great tonight,” Matt complimented.
“Thanks.”

The bartender passed him his drink and he took a sip of it. He glanced back over at Blaire and noticed that she was bobbing her head again to the beat of the song. He laughed to himself and figured she probably didn’t know who played this song.

“Like the music?”

“What? Oh, yeah! It’s got a good beat to it.”

“I heard it’s the new album from a band around here that they’re playing tonight.”

“Well lucky for that band that a bunch of drunken people are listening to it and shooting pool,” She joked.

“You know, this chorus is pretty catchy,” he noted.

She nodded in agreement. “Makes me want to go be a stripper or something.”

“That’s a reaction I’ve never heard before,” He smiled, amused with her comment.

“I’m full of odd comments on just about anything,” She said. Her eyes gazed at his tattooed arms that were peaking out from underneath the grey button up shirt he was wearing that he had rolled the sleeves up on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blaire

REV