Status: In progress

Spirit Dreamers

The Awful Truth

Throughout school days it seemed that Scott was stressing each day with new offending, nonsense, arguments that Vector created that always circulated around me, like an annoying fly that just wouldn’t stop to accept it's fate.

Halloween was around the corner. Our first Halloween together and I felt that it needed to be memorable in some way. Scott had saved enough money to buy tickets to the most known amusement park in Colorado as well as a hefty amount for gas. I felt that I needed to help in some way, so I collected coupons for Funder Wonderland.

Asking Vector to join us was to bring hope and to show that I meant well. Scott had said that Vector hated roller coasters, to assume and prepare me for his answer…but he had said yes to tagging along, which I found to be extremely odd, but I found it to be very strange when Scott rather Vector had not said yes.

The ride there was long and silent. It was as though you were to sit through an awful movie that was hours long and coming out of your wallet, while being on a date that was hardly going well. When we had finally arrived, it was so much more awkward than fun. It was exactly the feeling of a supervised date with your father standing nearby, watching, quite, and tense. I could not for the life of me figure out why Vector’s gaze was so bleak towards me, or why the energy I received from him was so filled with envy and hatred.

“Hey, when I drop you off at home, can we talk about something?” Scott seemed surprisingly serious as his gaze held mine. I nodded in agreement, afraid that I had done something wrong, but I was also glad that Vector had decided to wait on a bench as Scott and I waited in an extremely long line for the most attracted and exciting roller coaster in the entire park.

**

Once we arrived back to Roseavel, Scott walked me to my door and sat me down on the stairs to the entrance.

“I had a really awesome time tonight.” Scott started the conversation with the most common head start.

I agreed “Yeah, me too. It was fun…but do you think Vector really had a good time with having to sit around waiting for us while we rode almost all the rides there??” I couldn’t help the fact that I felt somewhat guilty for that, but the main reason was to try and steer clear by avoiding what he truly wanted to discuss.

Scott shrugged “I don’t know, but he said he did so I guess.” He honestly didn't seem to care. His tone and gaze seemed gloomy, as though what I said was that I hadn't had any fun.

“I still don’t understand why he wanted to come so badly when he hates roller coasters.” I finally admitted out loud, that fact poking at me like an irritated itch that wouldn't fade.

“Yeah…I’m sure it was to keep an eye on me and to see how truly in love I am with you.” Scott lowered his head in shame.

“What…what are you talking about, keeping an eye on you?” My forehead creased in confusion.

Scott sighed, readying himself to answer, “Before I tell you anything else, I want you to know that the reason why I didn’t tell you this sooner is because I was afraid that you wouldn’t go out with me…” He admitted, shame coating his every word.

“Scott, what is it??” I could hardly wait.

“…Vector and I have been friends since middle school…since I could remember, he had always had a problem with his sexuality…but it was in high school when he confessed that he was in love with me…”

I tried not to gasp as I continued to listen, “…So that explains a lot.” I could not help but add that at the end. Mixed emotions rose, but I knew it was only right to let him finish and to keep it at bay.

“Yeah…of course I told him that I’m not gay and only see him as a friend. He understood and swore that he wouldn’t jeopardize our friendship over it and I believed him…he claims that he doesn’t feel that way about me anymore. He just sees me as a brother.”

I sat there completely still. The awkwardness clouding around us like a thick and visible cloud of fog surrounding us.

****

Our talk ended after a while and after saying our good night's. I seemed to have been in a daze and it was nowhere near the good kind.

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling completely confused. I couldn't escape the feeling of the unfinished conversation between Scott and I. Or the tightness in the pit of my stomach that grew tighter and tighter, as I replayed the awkward conversation over and over again. Questions formed, my mind wouldn't quit. I ignored my bodies urge to grab my phone to call Scott so late at night to finally put those thoughts to rest, to put me at peace and this awful truth to sleep.

But I didn't, I couldn't...maybe the next day. All I knew was that I needed Scott to show me how much I meant to him and how much us meant to him...
♠ ♠ ♠
Before I forget, this is the chapter that I have for now, I'm kinda having writers block with the next chapter, so please be patient and COMMENT to help rush for the next chapter (it helps me work faster because it gives me inspiration). Ok...so yeah, that was a very awkward and sad chapter, I know, but I promise you that it'll get better the chapter AFTER, lol, I hate writing about Vector because it always brings up the past memories. And yes, this actual situation happened in real life to me...and was JUST as awkward than what you've just read, lol...that was a bad night. ><

Btw, the characters pictures are there if you want to see what the characters in the story look like (in real life), but I've deleted a couple of pictures of them because I'm planning to replace those characters with other (real) people for personal things. So once the chapter of those new characters are written, then I'll add new pictures of them. :) Please, pleeease comment, it would be VERY MUCH appreciated! <3