Status: New story, keep or delete?

Whispers At Night.

four;

“Where are our bags?” I whine, turning to face Josef, a pout playing on my lips.

He rolls his eyes at me, “We’ve only just got off the plane, Ivan. They’ve got to unload a lot of bags, you know.” I sigh and lean against the wall in defeat. I can’t beat his logic. Stupid smart person. I send an angry look his way and he laughs at me, leaning next to me on the wall, resting his head against it.

“Josef…” I mumble, looking up at him, hiding behind my fringe, “Do you really want to be here? With me, I mean…”

“Of course I do! Don’t be stupid, Ivan. You’re the best thing that’s happened to me in a long time. So, yes, I do really want to be here. And I’m glad it’s with you.” I blush and attempt to hide fully behind my hair. I hear him giggle softly at my shy side and he pulls me from the wall and hugs me tight against him. “You’re cute when you’re shy, did I ever tell you that?” He mumbles into my hair and I bury my head into his neck, blushing more. He chuckles and tangles his fingers in my hair, playing with it softly.

“Are the bags here yet?” I mumble, my face still buried in his neck. He sighs and I can tell he’s rolling his eyes at me.

“They’re starting to come through now.” He replies, placing a small kiss into my hair, causing me to blush - once again. I remove myself from him and skip over to the slowly spinning luggage thing - I don’t know the real name for it, shoot me!

“JoJo, I can’t see our bags!” I shout back at him, turning to round to see his scowl as he’s right behind me. “Oops.” I grin and turn back round to look for our bags.

“You’re such an idiot at times, Ivan. And give them a chance, they’ve only just started coming through.” I sigh and cross my arms over my chest. I hate waiting.

~

“Ivan! Don’t run off, just stick with me!” I giggle and slow down to let him catch up.

“You’re so slow, Josef!” I whine as he eventually gets to my side. I grab his hand and pull him after me as I rush towards the exit of the airport. I can hear him huffing and puffing from behind me, but time stops for no man! Okay, so that doesn’t really make sense… But it sounded right in my head.

“Ivan, what are you talking about?” He raises his eyebrow at me in question.

“Shit, was I talking out loud?” He laughs and nods. I groan and slow down, we’re pretty much at the exit anyway. “Can you call a cab, Josef? My phone is out of battery.”

“Fine, I’ll get one now.” I grin and hug his side in thanks. He pats my arm and wriggles free, walking a few feet away as he phones the cab company.

Still grinning, I walk over to a nearby bench and sit down, bringing my legs up and crossing them in front of me.

And as I crossed my legs the bench fell from underneath me and I plummeted down into the Earth. My clothes dissolved from my body and an old-looking suit flies onto my body out of nowhere and a bowtie comes rushing towards me. And then it hits me: I’m the new Doctor Who! Suddenly I hear the theme tune start and I can feel something vibrating in my pocket. Just as I’m reaching into my pocket I land on a hard surface, my arm hitting the ground first. I pull the vibrating object out of my pocket.

“Ivan! Can you hear me now?”

“Aww, man! I was starting to think that was real!” I pout and go to cross my arms across my chest. “Josef, why the fuck am I laying down on the bench?” I scream and he rolls his eyes at me.

“I was calling your name for ages, but you were too busy daydreaming to hear me, so I rang you, and you took ages to take it out of your pocket… So I pushed you over.” I growled at him and sat myself up, uncrossing my legs and placing my feet on the floor. “Oh, and the cab will be here in about ten minutes.” He smiles and I can’t help but smile back. Because, to hell with it, I’m one happy fucking bunny right now - even if I’m not the new Doctor Who…

~

“Excuse me, are you Josef Williams?” A man with slight stubble and glittery eyes asks me, after he taps me on the shoulder. I giggle girlishly and mumble a shy no, pointing towards Josef. He smiles, “Okay, thank you.” He walks away from me and over to Josef, “Mr. Williams? I’m your cab driver, sorry I’m a bit late.”

“Oh no, that’s fine, don’t worry about it!” Josef grins back at him, lust evident in his tone. I roll my eyes at him - I saw this guy first anyway! The guy smiles back at Josef and leads us over to the cab. I quickly run round to the front door, so that I can sit in the front.

“Hi, I’m Ivan,” I smile, being polite rather than rude like Josef, “Josef called for the cab, but I’ve got the money, so it’s easier if I sit up front. I hope that’s okay?”

“Oh, yeah. Sure thing. Clever thinking - Ivan, was it?” I nod and clamber into the passenger seat, buckling myself in. Josef groans and climbs in the back of the cab, I turn around and flash a smug grin at him and he rolls his eyes. I turn back around as our driver puts the keys in the ignition. “So, what’s the address I’m taking you guys too?” He asks, and I tell him the address that I was told over the phone a few days ago. He nods and we head off. I’m so excited!

~

“Well, here we are then,” The cab driver turns to me and smiles, “I hope you have a nice time here, whatever you’re doing.”

I smile, “Thanks, I’m sure we’ll have a great time. How much is that we owe you… Sorry, I didn’t catch your name before, I must seem so rude!”

He laughs and I notice how sexy he looks when he laughs. His eyes go a bit squinty and they sparkle loads. Gosh, he’s so dreamy…

“My name’s Jack. And that’ll be eight pounds, please. I took a bit off because I was late, just to make it fair.” He laughs a little again and I feel my legs turn jelly-like.

“Oh, that’s fine, really! But thank you anyway, it’s really kind of you.” I smile at him and reach into my bag for my wallet, pulling out a crisp ten pound note. He takes it from my hand and places it into a small bag at the side of his seat, pulling out two pound coins and placing them in my hand. “Thanks, Jack.” I smile, and turn to open the door and leave the cab.

“Wait! Err… This may seem a bit weird, but here’s my number. Call me if you’re free at any point? I’d love to get to know you.” He smiles and his eyes twinkle, making my legs go jelly-like all over again.

“Yeah, that’d be great! I’ll give you a call sometime next week, maybe. You can be sure that I’ll definitely call you though,” I grin and shove the piece of paper in my pocket, opening the door and stepping out. I walk round to the pavement and lean into his window, “Thanks, again, for taking some money off the fare, James. I really appreciate it.” He winks and I laugh, pulling away from the window. I wave as he pulls away and then turn round to find a shocked Josef.

“Ivan… How the fuck did you do that? You just pulled that guy, and all he did was drive us from the airport!”

I grin and sigh, “I’m just amazing, I can’t help it!” He rolls his eyes at me - he does that a lot, I’ve noticed… - and pushes me lightly and I stumble.

He laughs at me, “You have no balance whatsoever, Ivan!” I grumble a little and pout at him.

“You’re mean, JoJo.” He just grins and leans over to hug me.

“You know I do love you dearly, Ivan baby.” He grins again and I roll my eyes.

“Never call me baby again, Josef. It’s weird.” I shiver in mock disgust and he giggles at me.

“Enough chatting, let’s go meet your best friend!” He links arms with me and I grin at him, looping my arm around his too. “Which house did you say it was?” He turns to look at me and I point.

“That one there!” I proclaim and we walk - or rather we skip - forward with arms linked. We reach the front gate of the house I pointed out and I open the gate, holding it open for Josef, then walking in myself after him. We let the gate close by itself as we continue to walk up the path. Once we reach the door and I ring the doorbell, I’m unable to contain my excitement and I can’t stand still.

“Ivan, stop jumping around!” Josef mumbles in my ear and I sigh, trying to calm down.

“But I’m excited!” I whine, pouting at him, “And why aren’t they answering the door, JoJo? Make them answer the door!” He rolls his eyes at me and tells me to be patient. I un-link our arms and cross mine over my chest in defeat. Why has he always got to be right? He’s so stupid! Josef sighs and reaches forward to ring the doorbell again just as the door begins to open.

“Oh, hello dears. How can I help you?” An old lady smiles at us from the doorway. My jaw drops in complete shock, as does Josef‘s. Well, she isn’t my best friend…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so looooong. :(
Hectic week; writer's block; general lazyness. I suck, sorry. D;
How'd you like it though? It's the longest chapter yet. :D
I had fun writing this one - even if it did take me forever. Ivan is definately my favourite character in this right now. C: It's wrong to picj a favourite, but I can't help it - he's just so loveable. :3
You see a few sides of Ivan in this - and more of Josef too. :D
How do you all like it?
Comments, pleeeease?
Love you allllllllllll. C:

; lauzasaurus! ♥