Status: Active

I'm Only Going to Break Your Heart

Moving

“Honey, it looks like a typical boy’s outfit. I mean, you could have put some jewelry on to make it look more girly at least,” my mom said.

I shook my head at her. I didn’t care what she thought about how I dressed. I just wanted to be comfortable in my clothes and I liked the way it look. Besides, if I dressed the way she wanted, “more girly,” I wouldn’t be able to do half the things I do every day. Heels and skirts would only slow me down.

"Well, Mom, I'm going out to the skate park to hang out with the guys. I’ll be back later," I said, as I began to walk out the door.

Now it was my mom turn to shake her head. She never liked the idea of me hanging out with a bunch of guys, but I can't help it if I don't want to hang around a bunch of girl who only talked about boys and clothes. That is so not me. I like playing rough, sports, getting dirty; most people would call me a tomboy. But I was much more than that; I was one of the guys.

I finally reach the skate park and went to meet up with some of my friends: Cody, Zack, Chris, Trey, and, Andy. "Sup guys," I said as I walked over to them.

"Nothing much. What about you, D?" Chris asked as we all hopped on our skateboards.

"The normal, Mom complaining that I need to dress more feminine and stop hanging around y'all and shit."

"Damn, a person would think she would get tired of saying that dumb shit to you every day, but I guess not," Andy said, shaking his head.

"Yeah, but I don't care. Let’s just forget about her and have fun," I said, as I smiled at the boys.

After a few hours passed, we went to a local café around the corner. As we walked in and took a seat, we were greeted by one of the waiters. Once he took our orders, Zack poked me in the ribs. I jumped from the contact, being easily tickled, and looked over at him to see what he wanted.

"Dawn, looks like some loverboy is look at you,” Zack said, as he turned my head toward a boy who was looking right at me. I slapped his hands away and turned back around.

"So you’re not going to say hi or anything to the poor love sick puppy?" Cody said laughing.

"No, you all know that I don't want to date anytime soon. Besides, I got you boys and that’s all I need in my life, I said just as the waiter came with all of our orders.

Shortly after eating, we decided to head home. Before entering the house, I took off my shoes my mom hated when I wore shoes inside – and headed into the kitchen for a glass of water. While standing in the kitchen, I overheard my parents talking, so I got closer to the doorway of the living room and lean against the wall to listen.

"Sweetie, it’s just a stage that Dawn is going through. I'm pretty sure it will pass soon. Stop worrying so much," my dad said

Ya! Score one for dad.

"No, it’s not honey. She is too far deep in this stage. I think that she need to get away from this place and away from those friends of hers so that she can get over this stage that she is in," my mom argued with my dad.

‘What the fuck? Did she just say –oh my God, dad, you better not argue with this crazy woman,’ I thought, but life had to be unfair and not give me what I want like always.

"Maybe then it’s a good time to tell you that Mr. Bell, my boss, is sending me to Washington for the new job opening. He thinks that I would be good for the job so he already sent my info and things down there and it was an offer I couldn't refuse," he said.

My world just stopped as soon as those words left his lips. How could he do this to me? This is so unfair. Shit. Life sucks. What about my boys, they are the only really friends I have and I don't know what I would do without them. *CRASH* My thoughts stopped at the sound as I look down to realize that I had drop the glass that I was drinking from onto the floor.

I bent down to pick it up quickly, but before I could, my folks had followed the sound and found me lurking in the hallway. I picked up the broken pieces and threw them away before turning around to face my parents. My eyes were beginning to blur from tears as I opened my mouth to speak.

"Why?" I asked

"Sweetie, it was a good offer. I couldn't turn down. Mr. Bell said it pays me twice what I’ve been making. It’ll be a new start for you as well. Please understand, Dawn,” my dad begged.

I didn't want to understand. This place was all I knew and I don't want to leave it behind. I didn’t want to start over. I liked how things were now, but I guess if it was better for the family, then I could at least try to understand.

"Fine, but I ain't changing just so we can move to a different state. I like how I am now and that’s not going to change just because we are moving," I said glaring at my mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's My first chapter! ...don't forget to comment..they get me inspired!