Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

King's Cross

Chapter Five
Written By: Green Raspberries

“Your taking your bright blue suitcase?” Asked Aurora, looking at the stuffed suitcase.

“I suppose so.” Said Clarity simply, dropping it to floor as she coaxed the newly named 'Shabby' into his cage. “Are we set?”

“Yes, of course. Grab hold.” Aurora held out her arm, smiling at her daughter. Clarity bit her lip, remembering how the last time she had Side Along Apparated with her mother, it had ended with a trip to St. Mungo's. A rather gory Splinching had occurred resulting in Clarity having to have three toes regrown.

“I'll meet you there.” She told her mother, reaching into the pocket of her sweater to grab her wand.

With a loud pop, both Witches were gone.

They reappeared in King's Cross Station, right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the muggles that always seemed to be in a rush. One crashed right into Aurora, causing her to topple to the ground, the muggle not even stopping to see if she was okay.

“Mom? Are you alright?” Clarity asked, worry lacing her tone and Aurora smiled, it had been a while since her daughter had shown her caring side.

“Fine, City. Let's get you on that train.” Aurora picked herself up and stuck her tongue out immaturely at the backside of the rude muggle.

“Mother.” Scolded Clarity, biting back a small smile. Aurora saw it and glowed with love. Maybe Hogwarts was the best thing for her, maybe Clarity would regain that sparkle she had before her father had stopped coming home for diner, stopped returning their owls, and stopped coming home altogether.

“Nine and three quarters?” Asked her mother, “What are they talking about?”

Clarity pointed to platforms nine and ten, “All we're missing now is the three quarters.”

“Look, City!” Aurora had spotted an older couple walking behind a boy about her age carrying an owl, with messy black hair, and glasses cover brown eyes. James.

Before she could turn in the exact opposite direction, her mother was already over there beckoning her over.

She walked over, begrudgingly and tried to cover her face with her blond hair. Her huge eyes peered though her curtain of blond locks at the boy, hoping desperately that he would not remember their brief encounter.

“Clarity?” He did. “Clarity Cohen?”

“I'm sorry?” She asked innocently, “Do I know you?”

“It's me James!” He said again after a moment, “James Potter?”

“You two know each other?” Asked Aurora, raising an eyebrow.

Before Clarity could deny ever seeing the boy he answered for her.

“Yeah, met in Madam Malkin's. Both witching over the fact that we had to wear those bullocks pointed hats.” James said, his mother scolded him for his language. He smiled sheepishly, but continued anyway, “You should sit with us on the train, Sirius would love you! Remus too. Pete isn't keen on anyone new but he would warm up to you, I'm sure.”

Clarity ignored him and turned to her mother, who had a smile on her face.

“Making friends already?” She smiled.

“I think I'll be saying goodbye now, the Potter's can show me how to get on the train.” She said shortly, eyeing her mother.

“Alright. You'd best come home for Christmas, I'm going to miss my swimming mate!” She said, and Clarity looked around to make sure no one heard her. “I'm going to miss you Clarity.”

“Me too.” She gave her mom a short, tight hug and followed James through the portal.

Aurora stared after her daughter.

“This was definitely a good idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this chappy, I know I don't have a lot of subscribers but I really do consider this story as my all time favorite story I have ever written