Status: WORKING ON IT

Meanwhile in Chicago...

Prologue

Chicago has/had Blackhawks fever for three years now. It was getting out of control. With that fever I somehow landed with the number of Patrick Kane through a chain of friend. I didn't ask for it. It was given to me. I liked the Blackhawks, but calling their star right winger was out of the question. That is where Katey came in.

“I texted him.” Katey said texting on her phone.

“WHAT?” I said video chatting with her. She was texting like crazy.

“I texted him.”

“Katey I gave you that number just ‘cause, not actually text him!” I said freaking out.

“Get over it.” She said laughing. “He texted back too!”

“Oh Jesus.” I rolled my eyes.

“Calm down Elizabeth. We’ve texted the whole day, like as if he didn’t have a life. He wants to meet up.”

“You can’t you live on the East Coast.”

“You are going.” Katey said.

“HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT!”

“Oh yeah you are hopping your ass on the Red line and going to meet him.”

“As if.” I said.

“DO IT ELIZABETH!” Katey said yelling. “Be fierce Lizzie. It is harmless.”

Something told me not to get on the L that night dressed the way I was or the way I looked. Katey wanted something out of this deal, otherwise she wouldn’t have made me go shopping at Zara, made sure everything before I left was perfect via a skype chat, and making sure my phone was functioning the right way. I hope he didn’t show up in all honesty, because I didn’t know how this would pan out.

When I got off the L and walked to Buckingham Fountain on a warm, summer night in Chicago I sat on a bench Katey said he picked out. I just sat there playing with my phone. My nerves were getting the best of me. I heard footsteps about five minutes later and someone sat next to me. I looked up and there he was sitting next to me and staring right into my eyes. His blue eyes met mine and they locked with each others.

“Well I didn’t expect this.” Patrick said

“I didn’t think you show up.” Almost at a loss of words.

Fuck I don’t know what I’m doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are gnarly and greatly appreciated. :)