Status: Re-Writing

Emotions Run Wild

Love Mom

“What is the square root of pi?” Mr. Sawyer asks scanning the class of ignorant pupils, sighing he calls on me.

“1.772453850905516027298167483314 Precisely.” I say smirking at the aggravated expressions of my peers.

“That’s exactly right Ms. Shaid.” Mr. Sawyer says in a monotone adding a mumble at the end that was inaudible.

They all hate me I know, I just don’t care. You see I’m a Psychopath, no not a murder like most naive people think. Psychopaths are just like normal people except they can’t feel emotions, witch to me is an advantage. No silly emotions to cloud my judgment or hinder my thinking and of course your thinking that I don’t know what I’m missing but I do.

You see I wasn’t always like this I could feel emotions until I was ten years old, the day my father died. He was driving me home from a softball game when a drunk driver hit us, he died and I had severe head trauma.

The only way I would live was if they removed a section of the Deep Limbic System (The part of the brain that controls emotions.) that was blocking blood flow to the rest of my brain.

The bell rings sounding the end of the school day and beginning of the weekend. I head to my locker to put all my books up.

“Hey Scarlet!” Jevi yells over the buzz of students that fills the halls. Jevi is a the pep of the cheerleading squad always happy that girl. I get along fine on the squad because I can fake emotions like a pro.

“Hey Jevi!” I sequel hugging her and giving air kisses. See I can fake emotions just fine, some people in this school even pretend that I can feel or they just ignore the fact.

“Your never going to believe this Scarlet! They canceled cheer practice today!” She whines in a high pitched voice give a pout sticking her bottom lip out.

“Oh no!” I pout right along with her, I hate acting like this but she’s is cheer caption and has the right to throw me off the team. The only reason that I’m on the stupid team is because the last four generations of women in my family have all been cheerleaders.

After the run in with Jevi I hop on a bus home. When I get to my house our neighbor Phil is sitting in our driveway with a sympathetic look on his face.

I walk up to him, “Hey Phil, what’s up?” I’m absolutely curious as to why he’s here we barley ever talk to him after mom met her new boyfriend Kyle.

“Go on inside kid, your mom left you a note. I’ll be here when your ready.” He smiles grimly as I sidestep him and rush into the house, I wonder what the hell is going on?

I walk into the front room and there’s no furniture just my bags all packed, I can just imagine what she’s done. I drag myself into the kitchen and see a neatly written letter with my name on it, I fumble trying to open it.

Dear Scarlet,

I’m so sorry love, I really am I just can’t be around you anymore. You remind me so much of him and your so cold now, I can’t deal with the loveless looks and emotionlessness.

I’ve left with Kyle to start a new live somewhere, were getting married and I’m having a another child. Please don’t try to find me I don’t want to see you again.

I’ve given you a credit card with all the money your father left you, it comes to around a millions dollars. The bank documents are packed as well.

I paid Phil to take you to the air port the tickets are stapled the the back of this letter your going to live with your aunt in Forks, Washington.

I swear I tried to love you I just couldn’t.

Yours,
Mom


Well I can’t say I’m not surprised she always was pathetic, at least she can’t mooch off of my inheritance anymore which reminds me I’m going to hire a lawyer because I’ve seen dad’s will and he left me about ten million that bitch isn’t going to take my money and get away with it.

I stuff the ticket into my jacket pocket and walk out the door, “Phil will you grab my bags for me?” I ask in a sickly sweet voice, he stands there for a moment before nodding his head slowly and walking into the house.

As I’m sitting in his old beat up car I can’t help but wonder what the hell Forks, Washington is like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay new story tell me what you think!