Status: Re-Writing

Emotions Run Wild

Everyday, they are always the same.

I wasn’t sure what alerted me to the change; maybe it was my ability to feel and manipulate the emotions of those around me or maybe it was the fact that I had lived for many years, but I knew something was different. I missed being able to sleep, it was a way that I could maybe escape the emotions. But I lived my days and nights with the overload of emotions. My family tried to control and minimize their emotions when I was around, but it was hard.

Buttoning up my shirt, I tried not to sigh. It was Monday, leaving four days to the week before I could at least try to relax, to let the migraine that would have been was I still human.

“Jazz,” Alice spoke from where she sat perched on our bed watching my every move, “are you ready for another day?”Offering my wife, sometimes girlfriend a smile, I held out my arm for her like the true southern gentleman I was born and raised as.

“Of course love,” grasping her hand, I couldn’t help but wonder how she of all people could put up with me. I was usually crabby and not something you wanted to be around. I was always in some sort of pain trying to deal with the feelings of others; Edward had to deal with my thoughts of suicide, homicide and everything else. My life, no existence, was becoming increasingly harder to continue. I wish I could say live, but sadly I do not live, I do not breathe, my heart does not beat and yet I am forced to continue through each and every day, pretending, lying to myself and everyone around me, about how I really felt inside.

I would not wish my so called gift on even my enemies. But I, Jasper Whitlock Hale, needed a release; a reprieve from the constant stream of emotions and the faster I could get one, the faster I would change.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but I think it gives you a good idea of what Jazzy boy is feeling, day in and day out.

Love,
Devon