Status: Should I continue this?

Concentration Issues

Three

Looking over his shoulder as Jess worked on an equation, Marcus couldn’t help but notice he was making a mistake. His fingers involuntarily squeezed his boyfriend’s hips in warning. Jess stopped writing the line of numbers and looked over the equation again.

After a minute of suspense for Marcus, Jess threw the pencil to the end of the bed and dropped his head into his hands. “I can’t do it!” he said, frustration clear in his voice.

Marcus placed a tender kiss on the back of his neck. “Yes, you can. C’mon, you were doing great,” he tried to sooth.

“No, I wasn’t! Don’t lie to me, Marcus. I know I’m an idiot,” he said, anger in his voice.

“You aren’t an idiot, Jess. I don’t want to hear that, okay?”

“Yes, I am! I don’t get this.” He raised his head and looked at the paper full of numbers. “I just...I try to concentrate in class; I really do. But, when he’s standing at the front of the class and just talking and talking and talking, I start to daydream. I know I shouldn’t. I just can’t help it. I hate math and numbers and everything that class involves. Maybe if Mr. Burns could keep my attention, I might be doing a little better. I mean, I don’t blame him. It’s my own fucking fault I can’t even concentrate for 10 fucking minutes,” he ranted, his voice becoming increasingly upset.

“Hey,” Marcus said soothingly, turning Jess’ head towards him. Seeing teary, miserable looking eyes made his heart wrench. “Jess, baby, it isn’t your fault. You can’t help being born with ADHD. I know you try your hardest every day and it isn’t fair. You shouldn’t have to struggle so much. But, I’m here for you. I’ll always be here for you. Okay? No tears, alright, baby? I hate seeing you cry,” he said tenderly, wiping a stray tear that had fallen from brown eyes.

Jess laughed slightly, turning and hugging Marcus. “I hate crying in front of you. It makes me feel like a wimp,” he said with another bitter laugh, hiding his face in the side of Marcus’ neck.

“You aren’t a wimp. You’re absolutely amazing,” Marcus mumbled, kissing the side of his head.

Jess moved, facing Marcus, and smiled. He kissed him sweetly, trying to say what words couldn’t. “You’re so good to me,” he mumbled.

Marcus smiled. “Well, I...I really care about you,” he said, a bit awkwardly. Even though they had been together long enough to be comfortable with each other, they definitely had awkward moments still. Marcus couldn’t help avoiding the L-word as much as possible around Jess. He thought he was too young to be in love.

“I really care about you too,” Jess mumbled into his neck.

Marcus smiled. After a minute, he said, “Okay, let’s take a look at this question, okay? I’ll help you with it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This could have ended better, but I knew if I didn't stop, I would just keep writing xD

Okay, so I would like to know your opinion: Should I make this a full lengh story?

I have ideas for the plot, as in how they met, how they started dating and the whole awkward phase of dating, as well as some ideas for after this scene takes place. (This would be when they have been dating for a few months, by the way.)

The only thing stopping me is I have so many other stories I'm working on. I haven't been able to write in a long time, so my head is overflowing with ideas.

-sigh- Will you please help me decide?

Thank you for reading =)