Status: Should I continue this?

Concentration Issues

Two

To his credit, Jess managed to concentrate for 2 full equations before his mind started to wander. “What are we gonna do after I finish?” he asked, leaning his head against Marcus’ shoulder.

“I don’t know, baby. Look at the next question,” Marcus said, directing Jess’ attention back to his work.

“Well, I wanna know. Do you think mom would interrupt us if we had sex?” he wondered aloud.

“I don’t know. We’ll decide when we get there. C’mon.”

“Now, I don’t think this is very fair. I have to do all this work and you just get to sit there and watch me. Besides, where is my motivation? It’s not like the teacher ever checks my work. I vote we should forget this boring shit and have some fun,” Jess said, trying to sound reasonable.

Marcus smiled. “You need to do your homework because it helps you understand what you’re doing in class. And if you have any problems, you can ask me for help, or even the teacher, if you want,” he said gently, trying to phrase it in a way Jess wouldn’t get insulted. He really didn’t mean it like that.

He could feel the air leave Jesse’s lungs when he sighed dramatically. “Fine, I’ll do my stupid homework,” he grumbled. “Although, I think you should provide some inspiration.”

Marcus laughed, “Oh, yeah? Like what?”

“Like...hmm....I dunno. Something! I mean, I get through all of this and all I get is another question! It’s not fair.”

“Oh, it definitely isn’t,” he said jokingly, grinning. “I have an idea. How about a kiss for every question you finish?” he said, unable to resist playing along.

“I like that idea. Okay,” Jess said.

“You know I was joking, right?” Marcus said, laughing.

“Yeah, I know. I still like the idea though. Besides, it’s another excuse to kiss you.”

“You mean, another excuse to distract me so you don’t have to do any more homework,” Marcus teased.

“Well...” Jess said, before giggling cutely.

“Get to work, mister,” he replied, kissing his shoulder.

“What about the questions I’ve already done? Don’t I get kisses for those?”

Marcus thought about it for a moment. Knowing Jess, he would just keep saying he deserved more kisses for the 7 questions he had already completed whenever Marcus pulled away and then, well....Jess wouldn’t be getting his homework done at all. As much as the idea appealed to Marcus, he knew Jess did need to finish those questions. “Since we just started this agreement, it is only valid for the questions you finish now.”

“Awe, c’mon, be fair!”

Marcus grinned and leaned forward to whisper in his ear. “I’ll make it up to you later, okay?”

Jess shivered slightly. “Alright, but I’m going to make sure you keep your word,” he warned teasingly.

“Oh, I will definitely keep my word. Alright, work time, honey. Question 8 now,” he prodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh, I don't really like this part....
I think I could have written it better. It doesn't seem to flow very well to me.
I guess it's too late now, ha ha.