Somewhere in the Middle

Love

When the nurse from before told everyone visiting hours were over I could tell they didn't want to leave. Uncle Matt and Uncle Brian were leaning against the walls keeping quiet. I'm assuming since we're closer to them they were taking it harder then Uncle Zacky and Uncle Johnny. Aunt Val, Aunt Lacey, and Aunt Michelle along with mom had red puffy eyes from crying. I don't think I've ever seen any of them cry before. 

The last time I was in a hospital the one scene the plays over and over again is when the doctor told us our parents had died in the car crash. I had nightmares of the crash except it was like an out of body experience. I could see myself sitting in the car talking with Riley and the rest seemed to happen in slow motion. Many times I tried to stop the crash, warn my parents it was coming but it never worked. One time I swore my mom looked at me but I knew she couldn't see me. I've had many nightmares about stuff including my parents and Riley. 

One that I thought was actually happening was when me and Riley were at our parents graves. It was a couple months after we started dating Pauly and Ronnie, and I was summing the whole year up. When I told them about the guys and told them what they did to us my dad appeared. He was in one of his many plaid flannel shirts with ripped jeans that hasd grease stains on them and his old biker boots. He told us to stay strong and never let them see our fear. Before he disappeared Riley asked him why he was dressed in his old clothes and he replied with, “I'm working on my cars and fixing things, your mom's helping too. That's our heaven." I woke up crying after I had that dream. Riley asked why but I never told her. It would just make her do the same and make her even more depressed.

“Will you two be fine?" Mom questioned with worried eyes. We both nodded our heads in sync and sent her reassuring smiles. She kissed our foreheads and told us she would see us later. Everyone followed her actions. 

“Bye guys, love you," Riley and I said in unison. They all filed out and quietly shut the door behind them. 

“So what happened to you sister dearest?" Riley asked, glancing at me. “I sprained my ankle, bruised my ribs, had to get stitches on my forehead from a piece of glass, and I'm sore all over," I answered. She nodded and relaxed into her pillows. 

I grabbed the tv remote off of the rolling table and turned on the tv. Not many shows on.

Judge Judy. “Lame." Some car auction. “Fucking boring." Yo Gabba Gabba. “Retarded." Nascar races. “Stupid." Oldies movie. “Boring." Roseanne. “Hilarious." 

I settled for Roseanne. That show is amazing. I always used to watch it with my mom and Riley when we had a lazy day. 

“You do realize you said boring twice, don't you?" 

“Riles I said fucking boring and boring. Those are two different kinds of boring. Now shut up so I can hear the tv."

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
 

If it's one thing I hate it's asking people for help. I've always been the kind of girl who likes to do things on my own. That was something my mom taught Riley and I. She always said, “there's no such thing as being too independent." I basically lived on that quote. 

“Would you please quit pushing me? I can do it myself," I grumbled. Ace chuckled but kept pushing me. “Babe please. I really don't need you doing this for me. I'm a big girl." 

He ignored me and continued to push me out the doors. Dad and mom were in the car waiting by the doors. Aiden followed close behind with Riley who had a mad look on her face. I'm taking she didn't like him pushing her either. Ace lifted me in the car and helped me buckle my seatbelt. 

“I'll be by later babe," Ace said pecking my lips. I smiled and told him I'd see him in a little bit. I could just picture dad rolling his eyes and mom slapping him, which she just did. After Aiden shut the car door dad took off. 

“We called your school and you guys aren't going for atleast a month. They said they'd send a tut-" Mom started but didn't get to finish.

“My car?! What happened to my car?! Is it totaled?! My baby better be fixable!" I asked loudly. Dad sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair, “It's totaled." 

I let out a groan and leaned my head against the cool window. My baby was totaled and I'd never get it back. God fucking dammit! That pissed me off to no end. Stupid assholes who just had to hit us. Closing my eyes I licked my lips and listened to the rain hit the window.

“Hayley wake up. We're at home." A deep voice spoke. I slowly opened my tired eyes and looked to see dads bright blue ones. I moved away from the door and smiled when Uncle Matt opened the door. He scooped me up in his arms and carried me in the house. When we got in the house he carefully sat me on the couch and propped my sprained ankle up on pillows. 

“Uncle Matt what. Are. You. Doing?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. 

“I'm making sure your comfortable," he answered in a duh tone. I rolled my dakr green eyes and let him finish surrounding me with pillows. I feel like a baby who's just learning how to sit up.

“Uncle Brian put. Me. Down!" Riley said loudly. He shook his head and set her on the other big couch in the living room. Looks like this is our bedroom for the next week or so. 

A couple hours later we were both passed out from our pain meds. Gotta love 'em.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
 

Riley blew the purple whistle Aunt Lacey got her and smirked when multiple loud thumps sounded from the kitchen. Pretty soon dad, Uncle Matt, Uncle Brian, Uncle Johnny, and Uncle Zacky were crowded infront of us.  

“What's wrong?" Dad asked with a worried look.

“Are you hurting?" That was Uncle Matt.

“Do you need your pain meds?" Uncle Johnny.

“Do you need any pillows?" Uncle Zacky and Uncle Brian. They glared at each other and slapped the others head. “I asked that first," they said in unison again. After that they started bickering and slapping each other.

I got my neon blue whistle and blew on it. They covered their ears while Riley took her hands off of her ears. 

“Now that your done bickering like girls we want our guitars that Uncle Zacky got us," I said. They grumbled under their breath and told Uncle Johnny to go get them.

NO! He drops beer bottles, he's not touching my guitar," I exclaimed with wide eyes. Riley nodded in agreement while the guys snickered. A few seconds later Uncle Zacky came down with our guitars and handed us them along with our guitar picks and small amps.

“What are you gonna play?" Dad asked sitting in one of the chairs after he hooked up our amps to our guitars. I smirked and started playing the guitar parts of Unholy Confessions. The guys started bobbing their heads and mouthing the words the whole time we played. Right after the song was over dad got a call from someone at the studio. 

“I can't just leave you two here. You can't do anything." Dad didn't look too happy. I snapped my fingers and snatched my phone out of my lap. 

“I'll call Ace. He can stay with us and I promise we won't do anything." They all looked at me with raised eyebrows before talking it over. While they did that I texted Ace. 

Babe can you come over while my dad and them go to the studio? 

Sure babe. We were already on our way over.

What the fuck? We? Who's with him?

We? Who's with you?

Aiden. DON'T get pissed. He said he apologized to Riley and everything. 

Apologize my ass. He better not even look at me the wrong way or I'll whack him the head with a frying pan. 

“Ace said he's almost here. You can go now. Bye, love you," I said with a wave. Dad sent me a look but slipped his coat on. He kissed both of our foreheads and told us he loved us. The others followed his action and took off out the door. 

“Finally. They were starting to get on my last nerve," Riley stated with a sigh.

Ten minutes later Ace and dick face aka Aiden were sitting in the living room with us. Damn I was hungry. Maybe Ace'll carry me in the kitchen and let me make something. 

“Ace, babe, will you take me to the kitchen please?" I asked widening my eyes a little and sticking my bottom lip out in a pout. He rolled his eyes but gave me a piggy back ride to the kitchen. 

“I need two pieces of white bread, peanut butter, and butter please." He got everything down for me and gave them to me along with a paper plate and butter knife. After I finished making my peanut butter and butter sandwich Ace helped me onto his back and started to the living room. 

“Don't make me drop my sandwich babe. Wait! Turn around and go answer the door. Someones here." He sighed and held me with one of his arms while he opened the door with his other hand. A girl that looked around our age stood there holding some envelopes.

“Hola señorita. What can I do for you?" I asked looking around Ace's head.

“I'm Zoe Briggs, I just moved in next door and I got some of your mail," she said swiping her bangs out of her eyes. Ace took the mail from her and told her thanks before closing the door.

A couple hours later I had taken my pain meds and was laying in bed with Ace. He was rubbing his hand up and down my back making me sleepy. 

“I love you Ace." 

“I love you too Hayls." He brushed his lips on my forehead. Before I fell asleep he kicked off his shoes and pulled the covers up over us. Let's hope dad and the others don't freak.                          
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and didn't spell check. Comment? Subscribe? Peace, Love, Blue Monster!!!

Song of the day: Falling In Love by Taio Cruz