Status: active but updates may very

Almost Easy

chapter 15

Chapter 15

I walked around the grocery store looking at the different foods to choose from. It’s a good thing that we didn’t have much food in the house because I want to save as much money as I can with twins on the way. I grabbed the essentials and then grabbed my indulgence foods, fiber bars, dark chocolate and peanut butter ice cream, garden salsa sun chips, and gum. I walked up to the check out and put everything on the belt.

“Uh before you finish checking me out, add an apple to that because I ate that as a walked through.” I said and the cashier laughed and did as I said.

“When are you due?” he asked.

“End of July.” I said and he smiled.

“My girlfriend is due around then too.” he said and smiled brightly.

“Well tell her congratulations for me.” I said and walked out to the car. I put all of the groceries in the trunk and started on my way back to the house. I put a Framing Hanley CD in and played it to relax on the way home. I beeped the horn when I got home and Milo came out to help.

“Everything is almost cleaned up. If you cook dinner I can finish and then we can have a relaxing night after we replace all of the locks.” Milo said and I smiled.

“Sounds good Mi.” I said and he smiled back. We put everything away except the ingredients I would need and went our separate ways. I chopped up the zucchini, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and put then in one pot, while I cooked the ground turkey in another. When they were all done I drained the turkey and mixed it together with whole wheat pasta and spaghetti sauce. My stomach growled and the twins started kicking and I laughed.

“I’m going guys. Give me a second.” I said with a smile.

“MILO!!! Dinner is ready!” I yelled and I heard him trek into the dining room and sit down.

“Smelly yummy Allison.” I said and scooped us out a hearty portion each and we dug in.

“So what did Zachary say when you called him?” he asked and I scowled.

“He told me that he doesn’t think I have a stalker, and that if I had been wearing my engagement ring it wouldn’t have been stolen, so basically it was my fault in his words.” I said and he grunted.

“Ass hat.” he grumbled and I laughed.

“I don’t know what has gotten into him. He used to be so sweet, and since I was about four months pregnant, he’s put a wall up and I don’t know why.” I said and fought off tears.

“Fucking hormones.” I said and wiped my eyes with my napkin.

“I’ll talk to him if you want me to.” he said and I shook my head.

“That will probably make it worse. But thank you anyways.” I said and took care of the dishes.

“Milo, I’m going to call my brother and see when they are going to be close by and I’m going to go see them. Can you change the locks for me please?” I called out and heard a ’yes’ in reply. I dialed Matt’s cell number and waited.

“Hey Prego, what’s up?” Matt asked.

“Is there anything bothering Zacky on tour?” I asked and heard him sigh.

“He said he was going to tell you when you called.” he said and my voice hitched in my throat.

“Matt what happened?”

“Gena came to see him, he told her to get away from him, that she already almost cost him everything and that it wasn’t going to happen again.” he said and I let out a sigh.

“Well that’s good. I don’t understand why he didn’t tell me this himself.” I said and it was Matt’s turn to sigh.

“That’s not all Allie.”

“Well what else?”

“He had a run in with cocaine. He got high again.” he said and I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

“When are you guys going to be close to home?”

“Tomorrow.”

“I’m going to drive out to see you guys. Especially him. I’m damn sure I’m not going to let him spiral down that hole again. Why didn’t you guys stop him?!” I yelled towards the end.

“He did it before we got on the bus.” he said and I heard someone ask who he was talking to.

“It’s Zacky, he wants to talk to you.” he said and I sighed.

“o-okay.” I said and heard the phone being transferred over.

“Allie?” I heard my fiancé ask.

“Yeah?”

“I didn’t mean to. It was right there, an-and I gave in. I was just so frustrated with that bitch and some of the fans offered me some and fuck! I let you down. I let myself down. I don’t want to go back down the road of addiction.” he said and I could tell he was choking up.

“I’m coming to see you guys tomorrow. We’ll get through this again Zachary, just please promise me something.” I said.

“Anything baby.” he said

“Don’t do it again. If you still have it, go flush it now, put Matt back on the phone please.” I said and the phone was passed back to Matt.

“Yeah?”

“He’s going to flush the rest, follow him and make sure it does it. And please check the bus high and now to make sure he hasn’t stashed any of it some place please. I do not need the drugs around my twins or myself.” I said and he muttered a reply and I heard a toilet flush in the background.

“I love you Mattie, put Zacky back on the phone please?”

“Okay. I love you too sis.”

“I did it.”

“I know, I made Matt follow you.”

“Did you not think I would do it?” he asked sounding offended.

“I just didn’t want you to not do it because you were tempted to use it.” I said and he sighed.

“I’m sorry Allie. And I’m sorry about our last phone call too. I was a major ass. Sound check had gone horrible that afternoon, and being woke up at four a.m. when you have a hang over sucks.” he said.

“Which brings me to the next thing.” I said, and he sighed.

“I know what you’re going to say, ‘Zacky, you need to stop drinking so much.’” he said in a fake falsetto. I giggled at how he sounded and he chuckled.

“Yeah, but I know I don’t sound like that.” I said and smiled.

“I know, but it’s true. We’ve got twins on the way, and you don’t need this kind of stress.” he said and I nodded my head.

“Well I’m goin-”

“Allie!! You got the best ice cream ever!!!” Milo yelled and ran out with two spoons and the tub of ice cream.

“Oh you’re still on the phone.” he said and I nodded.

“Who is that?” Zacky asked.

“Milo.” I said and he grunted.

“Why is your ex-boyfriend in our house Allison.” he asked.

“I called him after someone broke in. I didn’t want to be here alone, so he’s staying here for a few days.” I said and he grunted again.

“I don’t like the sound of that, but this way I know you’re safe.” he said not sounding happy at all.

“Aw, is some body jealous!?” I asked like I was talking to a little child.

“Shut up.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“Goodnight Zacky.”

“Goodnight fiancée.” he said and hung up.

“Now Milo, where is my ice cream?” I yelled and walked into the living room. He was looking down at the floor and looked up when I came in.

“What’s wrong Mi?” I asked and he shrugged.

“I want what you have. I want a serious relationship.” he said and pulled me into his side after I popped in a movie and he set up the put out bed from the couch.

“You’ll find the one someday. You’ve got plenty of fish to choose from in the sea.” I said and he nodded.

“Sometimes I wish we worked out Al.” he said and I sighed.

“I used to. But I’m happy now and you’ll find the one someday.” I said and turned to watch the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this would have been up yesterday but because of all the rain my internet stopped working. hope you liked it.
check me out