Let's Burn Our Dreams Into the Skyline

Road tripping.

So, somehow we all managed to fall asleep on Peter’s cold, hard, dirty floor. By the time we woke up we were all cuddled into each other and wrapped up in a royal purple blanket. If you were a cutesy mom-type person, you’d think it was cute; if you were a pervert, you’d think we all just fucked each other.

Naturally, me being my party-killer self, I had to wake up first than force everyone else to do so.

“Rawr. Bed.” Pete growled at me.

“Are you a dinosaur or something? Get your ass up.”

He shot me a dirty stare then sat up. One down, one to go.

“Linnea.” I whined. “Wake up like a good little bitch, okay?”

Pete laughed, “Linnea’s never a good little bitch.”

And, Linnea being Linnea, she got up, just to contradict Pete. They better not get into a fight about this or they shall be slapped.

Luckily, no arguments were started as we got up and walked to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

“Hell yeah!” screamed Linnea, reaching for a box of Fruit Loops.

“What?” I asked as I snatched a box of Cheerios and stuck my tongue in Pete’s face at his failed attempt to get them before I did

Free toy inside!” she screamed, digging through the box.

“Share?” I gave her a beg-filled face.

“Nooo.” She barked, snatching away the box as she continued to dig through it. The whore.

***
“Ugh. I’m bored.” I announced to the world, just in case it cared. “Let’s do something.”

“Like each other?” Linnea questioned.

Pete and I glared at her oddly. I’ve noticed when the three of us are involved in something; odd glares are always close by.

“Let’s go somewhere.” Pete suggested.

“Into the city?” Linnea asked more seriously this time.

I laughed, “It’s like three hours away by plane.”

The looked at me strangely (yes, more of those odd stares). That’s when I realized they didn’t mean New York City.

“Oh, never mind.” I murmured, feeling like quite the idiot.

“So we shall recruit everyone and go?” Pete asked, ignoring my previous stupidity

“Sure. I’m assuming Patrick will drive?”

“He better.” Linnea barked

***
“Are you sure this is the right place?” I heard a scream outside my front door.

“Yeah, it’s the right house, Pete. You can come in.” I screamed, stuffing random things into my backpack to bring on our little “road trip”.

“Oh, hey.” He stepped into my house.

“Where’s everyone else?”

“In the car, I had the seat closest to the door so I came in.”

“Nice excuse.” I added, stuffing in the last of my things into the bag. “C’mon, lets go.”

I was glad that we had just moved in, my family was…messy is the nice way to say it. If you’ve ever read the book Running With Scissors, the summary of Dr. Finch’s house is perfect to describe where I used to live. Dirty (and occasionally clean) laundry everywhere, papers from school decorated every surface, there were things like peanut butter on top of the fridge so our dog wouldn’t eat them, and socks strewn across the kitchen table. Dysfunctional? Maybe.

As we walked out the door, my huge-ass dog just had to attack Pete. It was rather fun to watch…for me at least. I got some dirty glances for my giggles, though.

We piled my shit into the trunk and got into Patrick’s cramped car. Steph, Gabe, and everyone’s crap was piled in the back, Patrick drove (naturally) and Ryland had shotgun, Alex and Linnea were in the second row leaving one empty seat for the two of us.

“Did you plan this?” I asked him as he sat in the seat, forcing me onto his lap.

“Nope, just dumb luck.” He grinned. I rolled my eyes. It’s going to be a looooong ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
How many stories/chapter have you read that end in that line? Be honest.

And a perfect chapter for a (somewhat) cliché high school story, right?