I Love to Hate You

Twenty-Three!

Deep breaths.

That's all I need. Deep breaths and concentration. I tried my best to do so, to take my mind off the one thing that could end my life. The one thing that most probably will. Right in front of me sat a small camera, held up by a pathetic stand. It didn't seem like these men had much money. I watched the red recording light blink on and off. I was obviously being watched by someone.

After several deep breaths, I manage to calm myself. There is no point in worrying anymore. I've felt pain that goes beyond any other feeling. I've been starved and dehydrated, so what's the point of fretting? I'm sick of it. It's time to surrender to apathy, which I've been fending off in hopes of savior.

The floor creaks upstairs, looks like the Passenger and Drive are awake. I have no idea what time it is, but I had a feeling that it was early. My day and night schedule had been so messed up that I could even tell anymore.

More creaking sounds from upstairs, this time it seemed hurried, almost frantic. The voices of my captors carry down the hall.

"How did they find us? We switched servers every thirty seconds. There is no way they could have traced us from the recording camera!" The Driver's panicked words float over.

"They'll be busting in any minute. We should just kill her, so they have nothing to save!" The Passenger says, I could picture the evil grin that was on his face.

The hallway outside my room thuds with heavy feet. The door flies open and both men come in.

"Hurry and untie her, we'll take her to the living room. That way they can see us!" The Passenger orders excitedly.

Once we reach the living room, me not being able to walk well with how weak I am, the three of us stand and wait. I had no idea what we were waiting for, but I was too tired to struggle. Suddenly, the front door was kicked in and a tall man wearing an FBI vest comes in. A whole squad of gunmen follow suit.

"Well well well, if it isn't the FBI agents we've been seeing on the news." The Passenger sneers as four more FBI-vested men come in. All guns were on us.

"George Martinez and Robert Kline, you are under arrest for the murders of 25 people and kidnapping, assault, torture, and attempted murder of Norah Greggory." One FBI guy says.

"She won't get out of here alive." The driver says, pulling out a gun and pressing the barrel to my head. I whimper. So much for apathy.

It all happened so fast, that I couldn't really remember seeing it all. A bunch of gun shots were fired and I fell to the floor. Something was burning in my left side, it felt as if a huge hole had been dug in. Washed-out yells came from all directions.

"Get an ambulance here, ASAP!" "Pressure, I need more pressure!" "She's losing it, we're losing her!" "Just get me more damn pressure!" "Take them away, they disgust me." "Where is that damn ambulance?!" "Norah? Norah, stay with me now!"

I sigh, the pain in my left side subduing. I started to fade, everything grew calm. The voices and yelling disappeared as the serenity washed over me. With a deep breath, I succumbed to the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have no fear, this isn't the end of the story. Believe me! Sorry it took so long to get out. I'll try to update fast!
Commentators, you keep this story going! I especially like those new ones that say how much they love my story. But for all of you who have been with me since the start, you rock my socks!
Much love --Chel-Cee!

p.s. I hope you like the layout change! I thought it was time for something new! :]