I Love to Hate You

Veintiséis!

I was discharged from the hospital two days after I talked with the FBI agents. In less than two weeks I'd be facing my kidnappers, something I wasn't looking forward to at all. Rick won't leave me alone. He's making sure he knows everything I do at every minute of the day. But instead of finding this annoying, I found comfort in it. At least someone missed me.

Will hasn't been to visit me since I woke up. It made me think that the nurse had lied to me when she told me that my "boyfriend" had visited me a lot. But at least I'm safe, besides I don't have much to say to anyone at that school. I hope Courtney feels like crap. It was kind of her fault that I got taken.

But I'm in no condition to hate anyone. I'm so weak it isn't even funny. I can barely walk and I can't stand for longer than ten minutes. Plus I'm on a liquid diet until I can build up my physical strength again.

I've been pretty quiet most of the ride home. We had to go to a hospital two towns over because they have much better technology than the one in Rosewood. Rick hasn't said much either. Something seems to be on his mind.

"Rick, will you tell me what's wrong? You haven't said much to me since we left that God forsaken hospital. It's worrying me." Rick looks pained as I say this. Uh-oh.

"Norah, we aren't safe in Rosewood anymore. I don't feel safe in our house and I can't protect you 24/7. I have to keep a job. I know I gamble a lot of money away, but when you went missing something snapped in me. I felt like it was my fault. I cannot let anything happen to you. I won't."

"What are you getting at?" I ask confused.

"I want to move to a different town. A smaller one. Rosewood isn't very big, but it's big enough to get lost in and kidnapped. Obviously." He gives me a you-know-I-mean-you look. I just stare dumbstruck back at him.

"M-moving? Rick, I don't want to move. Besides, I have to go to trial in two weeks, I'm not allowed to leave the city."

"Which gives me enough time to find a house and a job. It also gives you enough time to say goodbye to your friends. I'm sorry Norah, but I will do anything to protect you. And, since I'm the adult here, I feel that moving away from this town will help me do so then I will."

If I had anymore strength in me, I probably would have cried. But I'm so damn tired that I can't. I felt numb and cold. How could Rick do this? This is wrong. The only one thing was on my mind as we reached our temporary home. Will Wilson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. But, I'm now on Thanksgiving break. so I should be able to update freely!