Lost in Stereo

Learning the News

Alex's Point of View

I had tried calling Skye a bunch of times because we were supposed to go get stuff for our apartment together. When she didn’t respond, I called Zack but he didn't answer either. I decided to go over to Zack's place and check it out. I told Jade I was leaving and I would be back. I gave her a kiss and got in my car. I drove over to Zack's place and saw that he wasn't here. I went inside and heard the shower running. I heard someone crying and it sounded like Skye. I grabbed her some clothes and then went into the bathroom. I opened the shower curtain and saw Skye crying. I turned the water off and grabbed her a towel. She took the towel and stood up. I put the clothes on the toilet seat.

"I'll be in the bedroom when you're done in here," I told her, concerned.

Skye gave me a small nod and I walked out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me. It had been about twenty minutes and I was starting to get more worried. I heard the door open and I looked up. Skye had something in her hands. I was hoping it wasn't what I thought it was.

"I'm pregnant," Skye announced.

Skye started to cry all over again. She was about to fall to the ground when I grabbed her. I sat her down on the bed and held my sister in my arms. I didn't know what to say or do. All I knew was that Skye was afraid. After a few minutes, Skye pulled herself together and stopped crying.

"Where's Zack?" I asked gently.

"I don't know. I told him I might be pregnant and then he left," Skye explained.

"How did this happen? Skye, you were on the pill weren't you?" I asked.

"I was, but Mom never gave me an extra packet for when we went on tour. I thought I was going to be fine but I was wrong," Skye replied.

"So Zack took off because he was mad at you?" I raised my eyebrows.

Skye nodded. I knew Zack would come around sooner or later. He was just shocked and didn't know what to do.

"How about we go get some paint for our apartment? And furniture so we can get all moved in?" I suggested, trying to take her mind off of all this.

Skye nodded again. She grabbed her phone and a hoodie. She slipped her shoes on and we were out the door. I texted Jade, letting her know what was going on. I didn't tell her that Skye was pregnant. That's something she would have to do on her own. We went to Wal-Mart and picked out some paint. Skye got a rich, dark purple color and I got a nice shade of blue. I noticed Skye was looking at the baby room colors.

"What do you think you're going to have?" I asked.

"I really have no idea. I would love to have a girl," Skye said.

"I wouldn't mind having a niece," I smiled at her.

"Come on, let's go before I pick every color for a baby room," she said.

I laughed and we went to get some paint pans and brushes. After that, we paid for the stuff and headed over to the furniture store. We picked out two full size beds, a couch for the living room, a kitchen set, two new dressers, and a chair for the living room. We paid for it and they said they would deliver it as soon as they could. We went over to our place and everyone but Zack was there. Jade and Skye went to work on her room, so I went to work on my room with the guys.

"Where's Zack?" Jack asked.

"Uh, I have no idea," I admitted.

"Everything okay with him and Skye?" Rian questioned.

"It's not really my place to tell you this, but she's pregnant and he left all pissed off," I sighed.

Jack and Rian didn't say anything. We heard the front door open and Zack walked into my room.

"Where's Skye?" he asked me.

"In her room," I replied.

He nodded and thanked me, heading to her room. Jade came down the hall a few minutes later. Skye had said she was going to tell Jade the news, so at this point, everyone knew, and we all were wondering what was going to happen. I wanted to go listen in on the conversation but I knew everything was going to be okay. It had finally sunk into my system that I was going to be an uncle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed the update! We'd really appreciate if you'd check out our other story, Here Without You. Also, we'd love to get some comments. Thanks for reading!