Lost in Stereo

Leaving Again

Skye's Point of View

The next day was the day that my brother and the band were leaving again for tour. I couldn't say I was happy about it, because I wasn't. I didn't want my brother to leave me. The house would feel so different with him gone. Sure, Kellin would be with me most of the time but when he wasn't I would be all alone. I was waiting for Jade to get out of the shower so we could go say goodbye to them. I knew she didn't want to see Alex but I knew she would want to see her brother off. I was lying on Jade's bed when she walked back in.

“Ready?” she asked.

“Ready as I'll ever be,” I said.

Jade grabbed her car keys and we were out the door. The ride over to my place was a bit quiet. I didn't know what to say to Jade and I didn't want to bring up Alex. We pulled into the driveway and we went inside. Only Alex, Jake and Rian were there. Zack hadn’t shown up yet. I was glad. I didn't want to talk to him anyway. They were all watching something on TV. I decided to shower since I didn't do it at Jade's house. Jade decided to be civil and stay out in the living room with the guys, sitting next to Jack.

I walked into my room and then into my bathroom. I got the water running and decided that I would just take a bath instead. I got some bubble bath and put some in the tub. I waited until there was enough water in the tub and I stripped out of my clothes and got in. The water was the right temperature. I relaxed after my body got used to it. I leaned my head against the back of the tub and closed my eyes. For some reason I was really upset about Alex having to leave. I could feel his pain and sadness. I knew he didn't want to leave but didn't really have much of a choice in the matter. The tour wasn't going to be that much longer. Maybe a few months or more than that. He wouldn't be there to see the changes I’d go through with this pregnancy. He wouldn't be there to know if it was a boy or girl, wouldn't hear the heartbeat for the first time. Alex was my twin brother but he was also a father figure for me too. I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize how long I had been in the bathroom. I heard a knock on the door and then it opened. I looked up and saw Alex. Thankfully the bubbles hadn't started to go away or this would've been awkward.

“Just making sure you're still alive,” Alex said, covering his eyes anyway.

“Yeah, sorry didn't realize how long I had been in here,” I replied.

“It's okay. We’re getting ready to leave in about twenty minutes,” he told me.

“Okay, I'll be out in a few,” I said.

Alex nodded and then left. I quickly washed my hair and then started to drain the water from the tub. I turned the shower on to get the bubbles off of me and made sure all the shampoo was out of my hair. I grabbed my towel and then went into my room and got dressed. I wore a pair of skinny jeans, a tank top and a long sleeved shirt. I brushed my hair out, deciding to leave it down. Then I checked the time. I had about ten minutes to spare until they left. I walked out of my room and heard people talking. I walked out and then everyone stopped and looked at me. There was a box with holes in it and it had my name on it.

“So seeing as I'm leaving today, I decided to get you something,” Alex said.

I walked over to the box and sat down on the floor. I opened the top of it and saw two kittens. One was gray and white and the other was black. I picked one up and Jack grabbed the other one.

“Are they girls or boys?” I asked excitedly.

“The gray and white one is a girl and the black one is a boy,” Alex answered.

Jade sat by me and Jack and I let the kittens go. They started to play with each other and we all started to laugh at them.

“So what are their names?” Jade asked.

I thought about it and then Jack blurted out, “Name the boy Jalex!”

“Seriously, Jack!? I don't need my sister's boy kitten named after our fan based ship name!” Alex argued.

Jack didn't listen to him and kept calling the boy kitten Jalex. It obviously knew that Jack was calling for it. Alex groaned and everyone laughed at him. Jack picked the kitten back up.

“Well I guess it has no choice but to be named Jalex now,” Rian said.

“Now we need a name for the girl,” I said.

Everyone got quiet and then Jade suggested, “What about Super Star?”

“I like it,” I said, smiling.

We heard a honk outside the door, meaning the tour bus was there. Zack must've drove over behind it. We all walked outside and saw Zack with some chick. The guys were grabbing their stuff from the house and Jade and I walked down by the bus.

“Jade, nice to see you again,” Zack said.

“Yeah, same to you,” she half-replied.

He didn't say anything to me. Typical. Whoever this chick was, she kept looking at me.

“Take a picture, it'd last longer,” I snapped.

She rolled her eyes at me and Zack warned, “Don't start.”

“Me don't start? You're the one who’s with someone who is clearly a slut,” I argued.

“Excuse me? You're the one who got knocked up,” she said.

“Skye, maybe we should wait for the guys to come outside,” Jade said, trying to pull me away.

I shook her arm off of me and said, “Yeah but at least I'm not the rebound girl,”

“I'm the rebound girl? Oh honey, Zack and I were hooking up the whole time you two were together. So it looks like you were the rebound girl,” she said smugly.

“Is this true?” I asked, turning to Zack.

Zack looked at me but didn't say anything.

“Oh, you didn't tell her Zack? Oops, my bad,” the girl said with a smirk on her face

“You little whore!” I yelled before going to attack her.

Jade called for Alex but I my fist had already had connected with her face. Alex grabbed me and Zack held back his little slut.

“Get her out of here now Zack,” Alex warned.

“Why? Everyone else has someone here,” he said.

“I will let go of my sister and let her attack your new girlfriend or whatever the fuck she is,” Alex said.

Zack took the warning and walked her to his car. So he had cheated on me the whole time we were together? I didn't even feel like crying right now. My brother was leaving and I would have no one. I wasn't going to bother Jade because I knew she had school coming back up. I had Kellin but it wasn't going to be the same. I needed my twin, my better half.

“I can see if tour can get pushed back a few days,” Alex said, like he knew what was on my mind.

“No, no, I'll be okay,” I told him.

“Skye, I know that face and I know you aren't okay,” he continued.

“I'm fine, I promise,” I assured.

The rest of the guys were finally outside and they were putting their bags on the bus. Jade had hugged everyone but Alex and Zack. I sure as hell wasn't hugging Zack. I gave Rian a hug first, then Jack and then lastly my brother. The hug seemed to last forever. We never liked saying goodbye at all.

“You better call me with updates about that little peanut growing inside you,” he said.

“I will, I promise,” I said.

“Good because I want to know that my nephew is doing alright.” He nodded.

“Or niece,” I added.

“Yeah,” he said, laughing.

“Hey Alex, we gotta hit the road,” Jack called out.

Alex looked at me and I smiled the best I could. I was going to fall to pieces after that bus left the driveway. Alex nodded and pulled me in for one last big hug.

“Call me if you ever need anything,” he said.

“I promise,” I told him.

With that he got on the bus and they started to leave. Jade wrapped an arm around me and we waved to the boys as the bus went down the road. Once it was out of sight, I broke down. Jade comforted me and then when I was calm we went into the apartment.

“Wanna watch movies and eat lots of ice cream?” she asked, the cure-all for everything.

“Fuck yes,” I said, earning a laugh from Jade.

We grabbed some ice cream and got comfy on the couch. We put on Netflix and stayed like that for hours. Jade decided to stay until she got tired. Once she left I locked the door and cuddled up on the couch with my two new kittens. I was just hoping everything would be okay with Alex and that this pregnancy wouldn't be too bad. Kellin texted me saying he was going to come over after his band was done with their show that night. He had a spare key since Alex gave him one before he left. I went into my room and changed. I got into my bed and laid there with the kittens. I watched some TV and when I heard the front door open and close I knew Kellin was there. He came into my room and saw me with the two kittens. He gave me a confused look when he saw them.

“Don't ask questions, I just really need you right now,” I told him.

He chuckled and got out of his clothes and got into bed with me. I laid my head on his chest and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the break between updates again. The lovely author of this chapter was visiting her Navy boyfriend for a few weeks.