Status: Complete

Let Go

Happiness

“Do you still want to tell them? We can always wait a little longer if you’re not ready.”

“I’m tired of hiding from everyone Iker. I want to be with you and not having to worry about our friends seeing the two of us together.”

Iker grinned and my words, laced his fingers with mine and pulled me into Cristiano’s. We found Cristiano and Iker sitting around the living room, waiting for us to arrive.

“You two sure do look friendly.” Cristiano commented.

“We have something to share with the two of you.” I said.

Iker pulled me down into his lap, Cristiano and Margarite’s eyes not leaving the two of us. I was sure they found our actions a little odd so I wasn’t sure how they were going to react to what we had to tell them.

“Gabriella and I are together now. We wanted to wait a little while to expose our relationship and give things a chance to cool down. We’re tired of hiding our feelings now and want you to know the way we feel about each other.” Iker shared.

I was amazed when they took the news so well, telling us they had noticed something was going on between the two of us. I was happy that they were so accepting of our relationship after thinking they would feel as if I was just replacing Sergio with Iker.

“We better go ahead and head to practice if we don’t want to be late.” Cristiano said after we had sat around for half an hour or so.

Margarite was going to tag along with us to practice and help me print out some new promotional photos for the team. The four of us arrived at the team’s training facilities a few minutes before practice was set to start and Iker walked with me down to my office, letting our joined hands swing between us.

“Are you going to come watch when you get all of your work done?” Iker asked.

“Yes, it shouldn’t take me to long to finish with my prints.” I replied.

“We better head out for practice if we want to get there on time.”

“Good, I like it when you watch me.”

“You’re too adorable.” I grinned, leaning up and pressing my lips to his.

I ran my hands through his hair as my back pressed into my door and I didn’t want the moment to end.

“You better go to practice. The team can’t start without their captain.”

“I’ll be waiting for you.” he said, pecking my lips before heading down to the locker rooms.

There was a skip in my step and I felt like my normal self again as I walked into my office.

“You better get to practice, they can’t start without their captain.”

“I’ll be watching for you.” he said pecking my lips before heading down to the locker room.

I noticed the skip in my step and was just thinking I was getting back to my normal self when a body collided with mine. The hole in my heart was slowly being filled and healing with all of the love I was receiving from Iker. I finished my work extremely quickly with Margarite’s help and the two of us headed down to the pitch to watch our boys. We sat in the stands and I caught Iker glancing at me out of the corner of his eye between shots from the team. Practice ended an hour and a half later and Margarite got up to find Cristiano while I remained in the stands hoping my body would be warmed by the sun’s rays.

I was replying to Tori’s text when a shadow fell over me and I turned my attention away from the phone to look up at my boyfriend. I smiled and stood up from my seat, leaning over the railing and wrapping my arms around Iker’s neck.

“You look quite sexy out there.” I grinned.

“You look sexy right here.”

I pressed my lips to his letting out a slight yelp when Iker’s arms threaded around my waist and I was slightly lifted off of the ground. We failed down notice the eyes that were settled on us from the corner of the stands as we were so focused on each other and our feelings.

“I love you.” Iker whispered.

My body went slightly rigid at his words, my heart beat quickening. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to say the words so soon after my heart was ripped from my chest. I pulled slightly away from Iker and looked into his eyes, seeing nothing but love shining in them and was immediately hit with a wave of emotion. This man standing in front of me had waited four years to say those words. He had endured months of heartbreak, seeing me with one of his best friends, yet he was the one who was there to pick up the pieces Sergio had left behind.

“I love you too Iker.”

The smile on his face envoked a wave of happiness in me and I knew that in his arms was where I should have been all along.

+ + + +

“Are you going to tell me where we’re going?”

“You’ll find out when we get there.” Iker replied.

The team had been given a week and a half off after a successful winning streak; Iker and I were currently sitting on a plane heading to a destination unknown to me. I had come home from Cristiano’s after spending the afternoon with Margarite to find both mine and Iker’s suitcases packed and sitting by the door. He immediately told me he wasn’t going to tell me where we were going to but said he could see how tired I was of the chilly weather that had recently descended over Madrid in the past week.

“Why are choosing to leave instead of staying home for your vacation?” I questioned.

“I could see how miserable you were and to be honest I’m getting tired of the city myself. We both need time away from all of the hustle and paparazzi and just need to relax. Besides, I know you’ll be happy when you see where we’re going.”

“Iker, you don’t have to surprise me with lavish vacations to make me happy. I’d be just as happy getting to spend time with you.”

He smiled lovingly and pressed his lips to mine, letting his hand brush some hair out of my face.

“If I forget to tell you though, I had a really good time.”

“That’s all that matters Gabriella.”

I had no clue what I had done in life to deserve a man as amazing as Iker and I was thanking the heavens above for gracing me with him. It didn’t matter what type of situation we were in, Iker was always concerned with making sure I was happy and content before worrying about himself. He said that nothing in his life was as important as me and those simple words made me feel like the luckiest woman alive. I was a different person with Iker, all of the pain I had felt in life and all of the trials and tribulations I had went through disappeared. Being with Iker made me the happiest I had ever been in my life and I never wanted that feeling to go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter but not as long of a wait.
So who's team Sergio and who's team Iker?
Do you think she's making a mistake being with Iker?
I loved all of the response I got from the last chapter. :)
I just hope I don't have to ask for comments in the future.
Let me know what you think!