Status: Complete

Let Go

Bad Timing

“Do I look ok?” I asked, smoothing my shirt over my eight month stomach.

“You look wonderful. Now I promised mother I would have you there by noon and if we don’t leave now you might not have a husband because she might kill me.”

“Fine, fine, I’m ready to go.” I replied walking towards the door.

“I still don’t see why you won’t come with me.” I pouted not wanting to get out of the car without my husband.

“One because I have to go to my last practice and also because my mother forbid me from coming.” he explained.

“Well I’m still not happy about it. You’re sending me into the lion’s den alone.”

“You’ll be fine, now go have fun. I have an inkling that there’s an ice cream cake awaiting your arrival.”

My eyes widened at his words and I was suddenly a lot more eager to go inside.

“Have fun at practice. Love you bye.”

I leaned over and kissed Iker’s lips before getting out of the car and waddling inside as fast as my legs could carry me. By the end of the afternoon I had more things for Santiago than I could ever imagine and I was beginning to wonder where I would put it all.

“I thought you told my mom that we didn’t need anything else?” Iker said as brought the last bags into the nursery.

“I did but you know better than I do that she doesn’t always listen.” I answered.

I had my back turned around from Iker changing the bedding of the crib.

“Mi amor, why are you changing the sheets? The crib hasn’t even been used yet.” Iker asked rubbing his hands over my stomach.

“I’m nesting or at least that’s what your mom said it was. I’m just so ready for him to be here and be ale to hold him.”

“Me too love but he’ going to get here as soon as he’s ready. In the meantime you leave all this unpacking to me and go rest. Mother said you were on your feet nearly all afternoon and I think it’s about time you got some rest.”

“But there’s some many things to go through and I really should start getting my thank you letters put together.” I protested.

“And you can start on all of that tomorrow. The doctor already said you were at risk of going into labor early and that it wasn’t good for you to be up and running about all day. So please for the sake of your health and Santi’s go rest.” he pleaded.

“Will you at least come with me?” I questioned.

“I suppose that’s possible.” he smiled.

+ + + +

“How’s my little nephew doing?” Margarite asked, taking a seat next to me in our private box at the Bernabeu.

“I think he’s sleeping right now. He seems to be getting into the habit of sleeping while I’m moving about but keeping me up all night when it’s time for me to sleep.” I replied.

“See he’s already like Iker, a pestering little thing.” she laughed.

“Well let’s hope he doesn’t inherit his father’s taste in fashion.”

“Just make sure you don’t let Iker dress him and if you do make sure you choose the outfit.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I replied with a smile.

Two and a half hours later I was downstairs standing outside of the locker rooms waiting for the boys to come out after there win.

“So are you excited to have Iker to yourself for two months?” Margarite asked.

“Absolutely. I didn’t expect him to ask for so much time off but he said he was going to take all of the time Mo would give him.”

“That’s because I’m going to spend as much time with you and little Santi as possible.”
Margarite and I both turned around to see Iker standing behind us with a knowing grin on his face.

“I wish you would quit sneaking up on me like that.” I scolded.

“It’s become a habit.”

“Where’s my boyfriend?” Margarite asked.

“I think last time I saw him he was doing his usual, fixing his hair.”

“I swear, that man spends more time in the mirror than I do. I’m going to pull him out of the locker room by his head so I’ll see you two later.” she huffed stalking through the doors.

“Are you ready to go?” Iker asked.

“If you are.” I nodded.

He nodded in agreement and led the way to the doors. I was extremely surprised at the amount of paparazzi huddled around outside the stadium. Iker tightly grabbed onto my hand and stepped in front of me, trying to weave through the photographers. It seemed that ever since my pregnancy had gone public everywhere we went we ran into people trying to get pictures of Iker and the woman carrying his son. I couldn’t even see where I was walking for all of the flashes going off so it was no surprise when I tripped over someone’s feet and nearly fell straight to the ground but luckily Iker was quick to act and caught me in his arms.

“God damn it! What are you people trying to do? If you’re not going to give me room to walk at least give me the courtesy of not causing my very pregnant wife to fall and hurt herself and our child. You’ve clearly gotten so pictures so why don’t you do us a favor and back the hell off.”

His words must have had some influence because everyone backed up a considerable amount and within a few seconds we were safely on our way home.

“Are you okay Gab?” Iker asked, rubbing his hand on my leg.

“Yeah, that just shook me up a little.” I replied truthfully.

“I didn’t mean to get so angry but that just pissed me off so much. It doesn’t bother me but when they’re putting you and Santiago in danger it just makes my blood boil.”

“I’m just glad you caught me because I don’t even want to think of what would have happened if you hadn’t.”

“You know, I do believe I’ve found a keeper with you.” I teased wanting to lighten up the situation

“That makes me feel so much better.” he laughed.

“You know I’m just teasing you. I don’t like seeing you so tense up. I’m not prepared to deal with an upset husband.” I smiled.

“You won’t ever have to worry about that Gabriella. I could never be angry with you.”

+ + + +

“I just don’t feel comfortable leaving you here so close to your due date.” Iker complained.

“Love I’ll be fine. You’re just running to the grocery store. I have a phone and you have your cell phone, if anything happens you will be the first person I call.” I guaranteed.

“Ok, I’ll be back in like twenty minutes.”

“Love you.” I called.

“Love you too.”

I shook my head at my husband’s antics and turned my attention back to the TV nearly reciting every line as Pretty Woman played. I hadn’t been doing much lately besides eating and watching TV. Since he played his last game two weeks ago Iker had been hesitant to even let me out of is sight in fear that I would suddenly go into labor. I had developed the theory that men believe as soon as a woman’s water breaks there going to pop out a baby right then and there.

“Are you hungry Santi because I can‘t tell whether that‘s me or you that wants to eat?” I asked placing a hand on my belly.

I managed to lift myself off the couch and waddle into the kitchen my mouth watering at the prospect of food. I pulled out the last box of cookies in the pantry and grabbed a caffeine free Diet Coke, deciding it would do until Iker got back with more acceptable food.

“Hey, you can calm down in there you know? It feels like you’re trying to kick your way out of my abdomen.” I said looking down at my stomach.

Apparently my son wasn’t going to be a very good listener because his kicking didn’t cease as I made my way back into the living room. I set my food down on the coffee table and when I went to stand back up a searing pain ran through my stomach.

“No, no, no, no.” I whispered as I looked down to see the puddle that had formed at my feet.

I took a calming breath and grabbed the phone from where it had been beside me, dialing Iker’s cell phone number.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. This cannot be happening.” I groaned when it went to voicemail.

“Ok, everything’s going to be fine. Daddy’s going to be here soon.” I said in an attempt to reassure myself.

I had no idea how much time passed, all I knew was that two excruciating contractions had already racked my frame and I was beginning to think my husband was never coming home.

“Iker, this is your pregnant wife who just went into labor. I’d really appreciate it if you could return my call.” I said after getting his voicemail for the fourth time.

“Santiago, I’d really like it if you could at least wait until your father returns from god knows where to make your presence known.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it.
I'd love to hear some feedback on this one.
If you have any suggestions/ideas feel free to let me know.
I'm thinking that this story will be ending soon but I have tons of ideas for a new one.
Baby Shower