Status: Complete

Let Go

A Possibility

My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at the magazine cover doing all I could not to freak out and cause the sleeping baby in my arms to wake up.

“Gab, what’s wrong? I heard the door open.”

I turned my head to see Iker coming down the stairs and quickly looked away not wanting him to see the tears in my eyes.

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

Iker walked around the couch and came to stand in front of me but I get quiet, not trusting my voice at the moment.

“Gabriella, talk to me. Tell me what’s got you so upset.” Iker pleaded.

I finally met his gaze, holding it for a few seconds before looking down at the magazine sitting on the coffee table. Iker followed my gaze and glanced down at the magazine his eyes widening when he saw the picture that took up the entire page.

“Gabriella, this isn’t what it looks like.”

I didn’t even consider giving Iker an answer at the moment because I had a feeling my voice would not be soothing to Santiago’s ears so I stood up and walked upstairs to the nursery. After carefully placing Santi into his crib and placing a kiss on his forehead I walked downstairs. Even though I wasn’t ready to have this conversation with Iker I knew it was better to just get the heartache I was going to feel over with now.

“Baby, I swear this isn’t what it looks like.” Iker repeated.

“What it looks like Iker? It looks like you were out with your ex-girlfriend who just happens to be a reporter while I was in the hospital in labor with your son. You can’t tell me that this isn’t what it looks like, the proof is in the pictures Iker.”

“I’m sorry, she caught me when I was in the store.”

“I might understand that but the fact that I called and called you it makes it worse that your sister and teammate were the ones to take me to the hospital. The fact that you almost missed the birth of your son because you got caught up with your ex-girlfriend for hours just makes the situation worse. You know me Iker, I don’t care that other women talk to you but you and Sara just look a little to friendly in these pictures.” I said, referring to the pictures that showed my husband and his ex-girlfriend hugging and kissing.

“I’m sorry, it was a mistake. I should have never been caught with her but you have to hear me out Gabriella.”

“I can’t Iker, there’s nothing you can do to turn this around.” I whispered as a tear slid down my cheek.

I didn’t even hear Iker’s pleads as I turned around and walked back upstairs. I grabbed my phone out of the bedroom and walked into Santiago’s nursery. I dialed the one person who had been there for me since I moved to Madrid knowing she would tell me what to do.

“Margarite.”

“Gabriella? What’s wrong?” she asked, her voice laced with sleep making me regret waking her up.

“I don’t know what to do.” I cried.

“What are you talking about?”

“I think Iker cheated on me.”

I ran her through the events of the last hour surprised that I was managing to keep my composure.

“I’m coming to get you.” she said quickly hanging up.

Two hours later I was set up in a hotel room in downtown Madrid, refusing to stay with Margarite and Cristiano with a newborn baby.

“I can’t believe him.” Margarite hissed as she threw the magazine into the trash can.

“I don’t understand. I move her to be with one man who cheats on me and then marry one of his best friends only to have him cheat on me. Do I have some magnet that attracts unfaithful men?” I asked as I fed Santiago.

“Gab, as real as these pictures are and as pissed off at my brother they make me I can’t help but feel he has a reasonable explanation.”

“I just can’t see it Margarite. I’m not one to believe in the tabloids but these pictures are real, there’s no denying that what you see is what you get.”

“So what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know right now. I think the best thing for me to do right now is stay here. I’ll talk to Iker about Santiago and if he doesn’t protest I might go back to California. I’m sure we can set up some kind of custody plan.”

“Wait, you’re thinking about divorcing him?”

“It’s a possibility.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's just as short as the last one but with my AP and college classes it's the best I can manage right now. :(
This story is coming to a close pretty soon. But . . . . I'm already working on a new Iker story, one much happier than this one. :)
I'm also considering a Sergio story so if you have a preference for either one feel free to let me know.
Comments are appreciated.