Status: Complete

Let Go

Irreversible

I jolted awake at the sound of Santiago’s cries and quickly hoped out of the hotel bed I had been calling home for the past two weeks. I hurried over to the crib Margarite had brought over from the house and picked up Santi, cradling him to my chest as I walked into the small kitchen. I quickly heated up a bottle and sat down in the recliner to nurse Santi, the sound of the rain pelting down outside adding a calmness to the air.

Santi quickly finished his bottle and after being burped instantly fell back asleep. I had almost fallen back asleep with Santi in my arms when a knock resonated from the door causing me to jump just enough to wake Santi back up. I was a little scared to see who was at the door considering that it was almost three o’ clock in the morning.

I glanced through the peep hole and was more than surprised to see my somewhat estranged husband standing on the other side of the door. I opened the door just enough for Iker to see my face and was met with the bloodshot eyes of Iker.

“Please don’t shut the door.” he whispered.

I reluctantly opened the door further, letting him walk in before shutting it once more.

“What are you doing here Iker?” I asked walking back to set Santiago back in his crib.

“I want my family back Gabriella.”

“You should have thought about that before you were spotted off with another woman while I was in the hospital giving birth to your son.”

“I’m sorry Gabriella, words can’t even begin to express the regret I feel for doing that to you.”

“In my opinion, your no better than Sergio, Iker. If anything you’re worse, you promised me you’d never hurt me like he did. You made a vow to me Iker, on our wedding day, that you would be faithful. I should be the one that’s sorry, I’m the one that believed you. Margarite always told me that me seeing the good in everyone would be my downfall and now I finally see what she means.”

“Gabriella, I never meant to hurt you. It was a mistake, the biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life. You have to believe me, I never meant for that to happen and I can promise you that it never will again.”

“You’re right Iker, it won’t. I’ve been considering it ever since I left and I’ve made my decision.”

“Gabriella, please.”

“I want a divorce Iker. We can work out some type of custody plan with Santiago. I want to move back to California.”

“No Gabriella. You can’t do that. I love you.”

“You don’t love me Iker. You love the idea of me. You love the idea of having the perfect family to come home to, of picking up the pieces of my broken heart that Sergio left behind, of appearing to be a knight in shining armor.”

“I love you Gabriella. You and Santiago mean the world to me and losing you will devastate me.”

“I just don’t see any other way for this to end Iker.”

“Forgive me, so you and Santiago can come home where you belong.”

“I can’t do that Iker and you know it.” I replied, shaking my head.

“I’m begging you Gabriella, please, please give me another chance.”

“I’m sorry Iker but that’s something I just can’t do. You made your decision, granted it was the wrong one, but you made it. I’ll get Margarite to bring me by the house later this week to get some more of my things. I’ve already got in touch with a lawyer and he said he can have the papers drawn up as soon as possible. I guess the only other thing we need to discuss is a custody plan for Santi.”

“Gabriella, you can’t be serious.”

“I’m serious as it gets Iker. Now, I’d like to get some sleep so I’d appreciate it if you left now.” I said, not making eye contact with him.

I didn’t even look up from my lap as Iker left the hotel room and as the door shut it felt like a piece of my heart was leaving with him. There was nothing I could do about that though, Iker got him self into a mess he wasn’t going to be able to pull himself out of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated. :)
There's probably only one chapter left.