Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Eighteen: Sacrifice

Then everything happened very fast. Raine swung her sword down, but it never hit me. I felt myself being pushed out of the way, and I opened my eyes to see Alison. The sword was right where her heart was, her eyes glancing at me.

“Tell everyone I’m sorry,” Alison murmurs, as her eyes close. Everything froze then. Or, it felt like it.

Raine lets go of her sword, and the demons and her group disappear. Everyone looks around, shocked. I hear Sophie crying, and realized I was, too.

“Alison!!”, Sophie sobs, as I grab her.

“Sophie, it’s okay. She’s okay.”, I murmur softly, the tears streaming down my face.

“What the hell!!!”, Kevin breathes.

“She saved me. She wasn’t lying when she said she’d burn in hell to save us. Raine wasn’t after the Rebel Demons. They were after Alison.”, I sob, holding onto Sophie. “She saved me.”

“Ohmyfinggod,” Josh breathes, staring with wide-eyes at Alison.

“She knew,” Max breathes. “She said someone was dieing … but she never said who …”

“She’s … dead?”, Tacey asks, tears filling her own eyes.

“She sacrificed herself for all of us.”

“I was wrong about her.”, Beatrix breathes.

“We all were,” Joan says sadly.

“Mirabelle …”, I say, looking at her.

“She told me not to.”, Mirabelle says sadly, crying as well. “She said no matter what happens, don’t bring anyone back.”

“Alright, everyone … lets all head up to the cloud.”, Kevin says, his voice cracking.

“Kevin … are you crying?!”, I sniffle.

“No …”

“Kevin, dude, she was your niece.”, Josh says sadly.

“Whatever. Like she said, we’re not really related. Lets just get up to the cloud.”, Kevin says, looking around. I could tell he was crying. From that simple glance.

“You’re right. Alison would want us to take care of Sophie.”, I say, crying all over again, feeling my wings unfold on my back.

“She knew all along.”, Joan murmurs. “She didn’t want any of us dieing.”

“Of course Alison knew. And I told y’all! She’s a protector. Not a warrior.”, I sob uncontrollably.

“Alison!!”, Sophie sobs.

“Sophie, it’s okay. Alison’s still here.”, I sniffle, forcing a smile for her. “She’s just … with the angels. Smile for her, Sophie. She would’ve wanted that.”

And Sophie smiled, tears still streaming down her face, as we all fly up to the cloud. “I love you, Alison,” Sophie murmurs.