Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Seventeen: War

“It’s time,” Alison breathes, passing us to go to her position between Martin and Max. She had charmed all our weapons, so that they could only kill the demons attacking us. “Remember, they’ll look like normal people.”, Alison yells, looking around.

“We’re ready,” I say, smiling eagerly.

“Sophie’s with them, toward the back.”, Ash yells, looking around. “The King of Hell is with them.”

“Along with Raine,” Alison growls, baring her teeth. Alison has been having visions all day, telling everyone what they needed to know. “All of Rain is leading.”

“Damn. I thought she was the only good one.”, Kevin growls.

“She was the one smart enough to leave us.”, Josh growls.

“Rain?”, I ask confusedly.

“Another Riddle group. Raine is the only one with enough power to wipe us out.”, Alison growls, her sword changing into a bow and arrow. “Lets get this started. I’m in no mood for peace when Sophie’s on the line,” and she shot an arrow. Someone screamed, and Alison smirks. “Direct hit. She’s weak.”

“Who’d you hit?”, Kevin and Josh ask together.

“Raine,” Alison says simply. “Three … two … one!”

“Kevin, Josh!! We don’t want to fight you!!!”, a girl yells. I could immediately tell who she was. Raine.

“Should’ve thought of that before you kidnapped my sister!!! Turn her over and we’ll end this!!!!”, Alison growls, stepping forward.

“Raine, meet my neice.”, Kevin says casually, smirking. Alison shoots another arrow, hitting Raine directly.

“More like bitch!!!”

“Get in line!!!!”, Alison yells furiously.

“What’s your name?!!!!”

“Alison. Or, better known as the Witch.”, Alison snarls.

“And the legendary Melody Jordan Knight.”, Raine says casually. “Hear you’ve got my brothers fighting.”

“Does it look like they are right now, Raine?!!!”, I growl, aiming my bow and arrow with Alison.

“Let the war begin,” Alison mutters, shooting her arrow. It missed Raine, but I could tell she wasn’t aiming for her anymore. And an ear-piecing screeched proved my theory. And the demons came running, as all of us did. Raine and her group stayed back, and Alison was far ahead of us.

“Alison!!”

“I have some business that needs to be settled.”, she growls, ducking under around five demons, slaughtering them as she went.

“Kevin!! She’s going after Raine!”, I yell, focusing as I kick a demon in the chest.

“What?!! Martin, Max!!! Get down there!!!”, Kevin growls, as they were already heading behind Alison, mimicking her movements. I swing my sword, cutting off five demon heads, automatically killing them.

“She’s not going after Raine!!!”, Ash and Beatrix yell together.

“Then who is she —,” kill ten demons.

“She’s going after the King of Hell.”, Kevin snarls, killing around fifty in one second. “You were right, Melody!! She was planning something!!”

“Kevin, focus. Max and Martin won’t let her get that far.”, I growl, slaughtering around twenty. Then I was face-to-face with Raine.

“Hello, Melody,” Raine sneers, pulling out a sword. I immediately go after her, her dodging my every movement, as I dodge hers. “Think you’re all that, don’t yah?”

“What are you talking about?!”

“Haven’t you heard the prophecies?”

“What fucking prohecies?!!! You know, you’re just as bitchy as Alison said.”, she swings, I dodge and kick. “You don’t have a clue what the hell you did, do you?!!! You just killed a thirteen year old girl!!! She’s been messed-up since you stole the Angel on Earth.”, I growl, swinging my sword.

“We were hoping she’d come peacefully.”

“You were wrong as hell, bitch. Alison wants revenge. Do you have any fucking idea what you did to her?!!! What you made her see.”

“We showed her what we needed to.”

“You beat a six-year-old child!!! You’re such a damn bitch!!!”

“At least I’m not a bitch with my brothers on either side of me.”, she growls, knocking my sword out of my hands, kicking me down to the ground. “And now I’m gonna put everything back the way it should be.”, and she raises her sword, as thunder roars through the sky, shaking the earth beneath us.