Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Two: Josh

“Hey Melody!”, Jenny says, her smile permanently stuck to her face. We had just gotten back from school. I was sitting down, trying to relax with my kitten, Lily. “Hey, who was that guy who kidnapped you? Oh, you know what! Just tell me the whole story again!”

That was Jenny for you. Jenny idealized me. Everyone saw it.

“Okay, well … Jenny, you know the story better than I do. And you know I was asleep during the whole thing.”, I say, rolling my eyes. Jenny was only twelve, and a little annoying. “And it was —,” a lump filled my throat, as tears stinged my eyes. I looked down, not meeting anyone’s eyes. What nobody knew, was what happened the night during my kidnapping. I couldn’t ever bring myself to tell anyone, either.

“Well?”, Jenny asks, looking at me oddly.

“Umm, I’m not hungry anymore,” I say, standing up.

“What? Scared to say my name?”, Josh says sarcastically, smirking at me.

“Hmm, why no, Joshua. You’re just such an ass that I swore never to say your name again.”, I say sweetly, smirking at him.

“Who’s he?”, Jenny asks, looking at Josh curiously.

“Jenny, go to your house,” I growl.

“Jenny, is it? How nice to meet you. I’m Josh,” he says, smiling at me, though.

“What are you looking at?”, I sneer, glaring at him.

“The lovely beauty in front of me.”, Josh says, smiling smugly.

“Aha ha, funny!”, I say sarcastically. “Not gonna work on me, Joshua.”

“Then maybe a rose, for the love of my life.”, Josh says, making a rose appear in his hand, as he outstretched it toward me.

“Smooth. But I still won’t forgive you.”, I say, glaring at him.

“C’mon, Melody. I’m sorry.”, Josh says, frowning.

“Sorry doesn’t excuse the fact that you buried me under a million bones in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle, Josh!!”, I say angrily, glaring at him.

“Would it help if I give you this?”, Josh asks quietly, holding up an emerald pendant. And let me tell you, that was one giant emerald! “I made it myself.”

“Bribes don’t work, Joshua,” I say, walking away.

“What if I told you I booked a plane to Paris!”, Josh yells after me. I stop right there, turning around slowly. “I remember hearing about how you wanted to go to Paris. I took you there, when I kidnapped you. But I wanna take you while you’re, you know, awake.”

“Well … I guess it wouldn’t hurt to go to Paris. But if you try anything then I’m telling Kevin that you’re here. You know he’s still pretty mad about what you did to me.”, I say, staring straight into in silvery-black eyes.

“Alright. I won’t try anything. That you won’t want me to.”, Josh says, smirking.

“Okay, you’re killing the moment, Joshua!”, I say, glaring at him.

“And I’m reminding you of the greatest moment of your life.”

“More like the worst.”

“You weren’t complaining when I kissed you.”

“I was asleep!!”

“Yeah? You still didn’t complain.”

“Are you gonna be acting like this while we’re in Paris?”

“Acting like what?”

“Like the ass you were last year,” I yell over my shoulder, walking away from him.

“S’up, Melody?”, Dylan asks, as I walk by him.

“Hmm? Nothing,” I say, grabbing his shirt and dragging him behind me.

“Okay, what’s up?”, Dylan asks, laughing.

“Pinky promise you won’t tell anyone. Not even Ash and his mind-reading!”, I say, holding out my pinky. Dylan rolls his eyes, linking his pinky with mine.

“Alright. Now what’s up?”

“I’ve got a date with the ass called Joshua.”, I grumble, staring at the ground.

“You WHAT?!!!!”, Dylan explodes furiously.

“Shhh!! Gosh!! You’re gonna cause a bigger riot than the president at Christmas!”, I hiss, placing my hand on his mouth.

“When did this happen, Melody?!!”, Dylan growls, glaring as he grips my shoulders.

“’Bout five seconds ago,” I say, trying to shrug.

“Five seconds ago?!!! Where is that —”

“Dylan, calm down!!”, I say desperately.

“Melody! Don’t do this! Whatever he threatened you about … we have to tell the others!!”

“No!! Dylan, you promised!!”, I beg, pouting.

“Alright! Alright! But if he tries anything —”

“He won’t he’s scared of Kevin. I already threatened telling Kevin that he’s here.”, I say, trying to get Dylan to look at me. “But, Dylan, I really wanna see Paris! I’m not going just for him. Please! I’d sooner have children with my dad!!”

“Okay … I won’t tell anyone. But I want you back before midnight or I’m going to Ash. I’m still kinda edgy of Kevin.”

“Thank you, Dyl!”, I say, hugging him. I kiss him on the cheek, skipping back to my “house.”

“S’up,” Josh says, sitting on my couch.

“What the heck?!!!”, I hiss, glaring at him. “What are you doing here?!!”

“Okay … in all honesty … I’m hiding from my group. They’re ticked ‘cause I’ve fallen in love with a Lightning.”, Josh says sheepishly. “And they’re just really annoying.”

“You eavesdropped on Dylan and me?”

No answer. I rolled my eyes, walking over and snatching the remote out of his hands. “You’re a cocky little ass, you know?”

“Little? I’m taller than you.”

“Yeah, but you’re still a cocky ass.”

“Harsh,” Josh says, smirking up at me. “I’m your guest, aren’t I?”

“Umm, let me think a moment … no. Last time you were here you kidnapped me, sent all my friends on a crazy, messed-up journey, threatening that you’d kill me if they didn’t play your sick game!!! And as the icing on the misery cake, you buried me under an endless amount of bones in the center of the Bermuda Triangle!!!! And you choose now to apologize!! You’ve had an entire year, Josh!!”, I say quietly, glaring at him.

“Look, Melody … I know! And, look, I’m sorry!”, Josh says, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me down beside him.

“You made me think that that whole thing was just something you did to tick Kevin off.”

“It wasn’t! I love you, Melody!”

“Then how long were you planning on keeping me there?!! A year?!!”

“No! I was planning on making them think that you died later that day. Then pulling you out and waking you up. But that human found you! Ruining my entire plan!”

“That human is my best friend, Josh!”, I say, trying to pull away from him, but he kept a good grip of me. “Let go!!”

“Naaaaaaaaaah.”

“You’re still the same jackass you were a year ago.”, I say, rolling my eyes. A knock filled the house, echoing through it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Bad? Comment? Please?