Sequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Completed; Comments are appreciated, please?; Triquel?

Lightning Streaks the Sky

Chapter Five: Party

I had eventually calmed down, and walked outside of my house. Dylan, Ash, and Nina immediately tackled me, exploding with questions.

“Guys! Get off of her! Thunders back!”, Kevin yells, chuckling at me.

“Yeah, I’m sure this is hilarious,” I say sarcastically, standing up, fixing my tank-top. I scream, hearing the ear-piercing scream fill my own ears, as I quickly throw fire around Tacey.

“Melody, calm down!”, Kevin growls.

“Listen, Tacey, I’m not in the mood. So just back off before I break about every bone in your body.”, I growl, glowering furiously at her.

“Oh, just like you threatened Miranda! I’ll just tell the principal.”

“Why? I’m no longer a student. Which means I could do this,” and I forced the flames closer to her, eventually making them dissolve with a smirk. “I’m not in the mood for your crap.”

“Wait, you’re dropping out?!!”, Dylan yells, shocked.

“You’re not an idiot, Dyl. You know the only reason I would’ve even offered to go to school would’ve been to play. But, since I can no longer do that, I don’t see any point of going.”

“Too bad. Coach was gonna start yelling at the principal about how good you were.”, Tacey snickers.

“Good thing I never called in then,” I say, smirking. “I’m not a bottle-blonde, Tacey.”

“She’s trained just about the entire football team!”, Grant cheers, smirking.

“And you never taught me how to surf!”, Jenny pouts.

“We’ll go surfing right after this, Jen.”

“You’re such a whore, Melody. Just like Miranda said,” Tacey says, smirking.

“Hmm, pounding bitches faces in. Or go surfing with Jenny.”, I say, smirking. “C’mon Jenny,” I say, grabbing two surfboards and changing into my swimsuit, soon flying down with Jenny to the beach, with the rest soon following. I could hear Tacey’s shriek of frustration, making me smirk as I start teaching Jenny how to surf.

♠ ♣ ♠

Eventually Josh had gained some courage, because when we got back up to the cloud, him and Thunder were waiting there, Tacey flirting like crazy to get his attention. I roll my eyes, grabbing Jenny’s hand, and managing to get the rest of them — Lynn, Barbie, Sissy, Barbara, Cecilia, and Mirabelle — to follow me to my house. We all changed quickly, soon walking back out, to see Kevin and Josh going head-to-head. I set up a fire wall between them, not wanting the little ones to see this.

“Why must you always suck the fun out of everything, Melody!”, Tyrone whines.

“Because you’re thirteen. You should be watching this kind of stuff on TV. Not watching Kevin kill his brother.”

“Wait, Josh is your brother?!!”, Lambert says, disbelieving.

“Don’t act so surprised, new-bee.”, Josh says, rolling his eyes.

“Both of you! Zip it!!”, I growl, glaring at the two. My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I put it to my ear.

“Hey, Melody! How yah doing?”, Alison asks cheerfully.

“You tell me,” I say, watching as she pops out of the phone.

“I wish I had called you sooner! That was frickin’ awesome!”, Alison says, smiling.

“Who’re you?”, Tacey sneers.

“The messenger. I delivered the riddles. And you’re … ?”

“Oh, so you’re the witch!”, Jenny says, smiling.

“Yep. I know all, see all. Just passing through. For the next year.”, she says, shrugging. “Got any food?”

“Over there.”

“Thanks,” and she stuffs her face once again.

“How old are you?”, Lynn asks, staring at her oddly.

“Thirteen,” Alison says through a mouth-full of food. Josh and Kevin have back at it, and I set up another wall of fire. “Awww,” Alison whines. “Fun sucker.”

“What are you, five?”, Dylan asks teasingly.

“Ahuh,” Alison says smugly. “In maturity.”

“Cool!!”, Leo says, sitting down next to her.

“You know what I wanna do right now?”

“What?”

“Bite Tyler’s foot again.”

“Eeeeewwww!!! Ohmyfinggod you’re gross!!”, Tacey says disgustedly.

“That’s what they call me.”

“Aw, that’ll never get old!”, Ash laughs, smiling at Alison. “Tell ‘em about the Roby and Ryan thing!”

“Oh, yeah!”

“And thanks a lot!”, Josh growls.

“Aw, you’re welcome, Josh!”,  Alison says sarcastically. “What’d I do? I don’t really like you.”

“Well, at least you’re honest,” Sissy says, smirking.

“And I’m blunt,” Alison says, smirking. “I’m honestly blunt.”

“Yeah, you are blunt. Telling them exactly where I hid Melody.”

“That would be breaking the rules of the game. And what fun would that be? Silly!”, Alison says, smiling. “I like that game. Funniest I ever played! I got to mess with these yahoos heads.”

“So if you didn’t tell them —”

“They’re not idiots, Josh. But so far, you are,” Alison says, smiling smugly.

“Wait, so you could’ve —,” Kevin says, disbelieving.

“Why didn’t you?”, I ask.

“Because that would be breaking the rules. Max knew who it was. But that was because I told him. And I better be getting home. It’s around ten in Kentucky. See y’all,” Alison says, as someone gets her to disappear.

“I hate her,” Tacey says. I throw fire at her, smirking.

“You’re supposed to hit it,” I say, smirking. I noticed that Alison had left her iPod, and pick it up. “Hmm, I wonder what else the witch has been hiding …”

“Umm, isn’t it illegal to go through someone’s personal stuff?”, Kevin asks, making the iPod disappear.

“Whatever,” I say dismissively, throwing another fireball at Tacey. “You know I could get used to this.”

♠ ♣ ♠

Thankfully, Thunder eventually left. But, not without Josh saying, “See yah Saturday, Melody!” — of course.

Now I’m being questioned like there’s an explosion going on around me. Actually, that’s all I hear. I stopped listening once Dylan started yelling at me about how he thought I was only kidding and I wasn’t going through with it. I plug my headphones into my ears, turning up my current obsession.

I stand up, walking away from everyone, ignoring their shouts and yells, just walking into my house, plopping down on my bed, and going to sleep to my favorite song.

♠ ♣ ♠

I woke up, taking a shower quite quickly. I hold the towel to me as I walk out, picking out some white mini-shorts, black tank-top, a skull necklace, my favorite sneakers, and some black fingerless fishnet gloves. I comb through my golden blonde hair, putting in a black headband with white skulls. I add some skull earings, and a black jacket, soon walking into the school, not bothering to wait for my friends. I head to homeroom, immediately greeted by Frankie.

“Are you kicked off the team?!”, Frankie asks immediately, as I sit down.

“The principal said I was,” I say, shrugging.

“Damn,” Frankie breathes. “We need someone like you.”

“Hey! I wanted to play!”, I say, holding my hands up defensively.

“Miss Anderson! Mind sharing with us what you and mister Davis were talking about?”, the teacher scowls.

“Sure,” I say, shrugging. “We were talking about how big of a bitch Miranda is for calling my friends a bunch of losers, making me get kicked off the football team.”

“What?!!!”, Miranda explodes.

“Don’t deny calling Ash a loser, Miranda. You don’t get away with insulting my friends without paying the price.”

“Thanks a lot, Miranda!! Kendall was the best damn thing since Melody!”, Frankie says, glaring at her.

“Alright! Enough! Class has begun!”, the teacher scowls. Then a knock sounded from the doorway, and all heads turned to see Josh. He smirks at me, as he hands the teacher his slip of paper. I narrow my eyes at him, as he sits down next to me.

“What are you doing here?!”, I hiss, glaring at him.

“All of Thunder is here. At high school, I mean.”, Josh says, smirking. I roll my eyes, turning my attention up front and trying to get through another day of school.

♠ ♣ ♠

It was eventually time for lunch, and I was walking through the hallways, when Josh grabbed my arm and dragged me behind him.

“Umm, hello? Get your hands off.”, I growl.

“Look, we need to talk —”

“Let me stop you there, Josh. We’re not dating. We’re not — you know, there is no we!”, I say, jerking my arm away.

“Why won’t you just forgive me! What do I have to do?!!”, Josh asks, walking beside me as I open my locker.

“Clean up your act, and start acting like a friend. Then, maybe. But, in all honesty, I’m not sure if there’s anything you can do, Josh.”, I say, slamming my locker shut and walking away.

“Not so fast, Kendall,” coach says, grabbing my arm and dragging me behind him, out onto the football field. “We’re practicing for the game Saturday.”

“Umm, no disrespect sir, but I got kicked off the team.”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“No you haven’t. Principal Booth is letting you back on the team.”, coach says, smirking. “Suit up, Anderson.”

I smile, grabbing the padding and running into the girls locker room and changing, soon walking back out onto the field.

“Alright, you all are gonna break up into two teams. Dylan, Kendall, you two aren’t allowed on the same team.”

“As always,” we say together, rolling our eyes in unison. It was nothing new that we weren’t allowed to be on the same team.

“Alright, Nathanson brothers, pick your teams.”

Nathanson brothers?!!! I think, preparing for the explosions to erupt from Kevin. I could tell Dylan was preparing for it, too. But they never came. The two glared at each other, and everyone could feel the tension between the two.

“Kendall,” Josh says immediately.

“Dylan,” Kevin says, glaring at Josh and me.

♠ ♣ ♠

The two teams had tied, and it was finally time for lunch. I ran straight for the girls locker room, as soon as the coach had let us go. I took a quick shower before changing back into my clothes, shaking my wet hair out as I walked out. I sprint straight toward the cafeteria, grabbing an apple and a bottle water. I don’t eat much.

“It’s so lame how coach never lets us play on the same team during practice!”, Dylan says, as I sit down.

“I know! Why can’t we ever go against everyone else? That’d give them something to work for.”, I say, smirking.

“Yeah, that’s something interesting right there!”, Dylan says, nodding.

“Aren’t you supposed to be sitting with your boyfriend?”, Kevin growls.

“What boyfriend? Oh, you mean Josh! Nah, he’s just some jackass taking me to Paris.”, I say dismissively, biting into my apple.

“Uh-oh,” Forrest says, as Miranda walks over to us.

“Oh, hey Kendall! I need to talk to you —”

“Let me stop you right there. I don’t care, Miranda. Just walk away, before you say something you’ll regret. You come over here everyday, just asking for a fight. And if you weren’t such a whiny bitch, then you’d have half the guts to say something outside of school.”, I growl, glowering as I stand up. “I’m sick of your crap. I’ve got enough bitches on my ass. So just walk away, while you’re still living.”

“And what? You’re dead. Face it, Kendall. I’m Queen, and you’re just another nobody. You try so hard to be like Melody, when in reality you’re just as worthless as she was.”

I ball my fists at my sides, hearing the screams as fire erupted. “Don’t you know it’s deadly to speak bad of the dead!!!!”, I growl, feeling the flames growing, dying out just as quickly. I grab my water bottle and apple, stomping out the door.

♠ ♣ ♠

Everyone had left me alone the rest of the day. They were either A) suspicious. B) weirded out. Or C) scared. I stop by my locker, turning the combination as I got an expected visit from both Nathanson brothers. Or Kevin and Josh. You could see the flames in both their eyes, along with feeling the tension they brought whenever they were near each other.

“Afternoon, boys,” I say, smirking as I pull out my homework.

“Umm, great practice today, Kendall,” Josh says, smirking.

“Thanks,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“Umm, Kendall, we’re all headed straight home,” Kevin says, not moving his glare from Josh.

“’Kay. Dylan and I’ll be there in a few. We have a tradition.”, I say, smirking.

“And that is?”, Kevin asks, finally looking at me.

“We always go out for milkshakes after every practice,” I say, rolling my eyes. “’Bye,” and I was walking away, meeting up with Dylan outside. “They’re all going home.”

“Oh, then we should —”

Dyylllaaaannnnn,” I whine, pouting. “You promised!”

“Alright! Fine! Lets get going,” Dylan says, chuckling.

“Thank you, Dyl,” I say, hugging him, kissing his cheek as I let go. “Now, c’mon! Race yah!”, and we were running.

♠ ♣ ♠

Dylan and I were laughing, heading up to the cloud. And you’ll never guess who was there! No, seriously. Guess.

If you guessed Thunder, then you are correct!

If you didn’t, then what fantasy world are you living in?!

“Umm, hey Melody …”, Josh says uncomfortably, as Kevin tries to choke him. Dylan and I exchange glances, shrugging.

“You take Kevin, I’ll get Josh?”, Dylan guesses, looking down at me. I nod, and we tackle the two.

“What’s going on?”, I ask from atop of Kevin’s back.

“Get off, Melody!!!”, Kevin growls.

“Read my lips, Kevin: N-O,” I say, smirking. “Tell me what it is this time, and promise me the tickets to France, and then you can kill him.”

“WHAT?!”, Josh yells.

“You heard me.”

“Can’t I ever kill my brother in peace?”, Kevin asks sarcastically.

“Nope.”

“Then will you, I don’t know, GET OFF!”, Kevin growls, flipping us over. I glare at him, flipping us back over so that I was sitting on his stomach.

“Nope,” I say smugly. My phone vibrates, and I pull it out of my back pocket, to see that I got a text from Frankie. “Dylan! Oh my frickin’ gosh! Frankie’s throwing a party at his house for the first football game!”

“’Course Frankie is!”, Dylan says, rolling his eyes.

“Can you two behave yourselves long enough to get through an entire party?”, I ask, glaring at the two brothers.

“No,” Kevin growls.

“What he said,” Josh grumbles.

“Alright, then neither of you can go.”, I say, smirking as I stand up.

“Think we care?”, Kevin yells after me.

“Hey! I care! A party with Melody is like a dream come true.”, Josh says, smirking at me as I stare indifferently back. I spin around, walking to Jolie’s house.

“Yes, Melody?”, Jolie asks.

“There’s a party coming up —”

“Say no more! Sporty girl! Prepare to be Jolie-fied!”, Jolie says, pulling me inside.

“Dylan!! Help!!”, I yell, as I dragged into Jolie’s torture chamber, and she begins sizing me, and then drawing something that I had to be kicked out for her to do.

“You okay?”, Dylan asks, helping me up.

“Ugh, remind me never to throw a party with Jolie on this planet.”, I say, glaring at her house.

“It is finished!!”, Jolie says, dragging me back in and changing me quickly. She throws me toward her dresser, where Sissy starts putting makeup all over my face, and spraying perfume to the point where I start gagging.

“Finished!”, Jolie and Sissy cheer together. I roll my eyes, standing up and running out the door and into my house. I look in the mirror, washing off all the makeup. That just wasn’t me. Jolie had really done a beautiful job with my dress, though.

It was a simple ivory color, with a shiny golden colored belt around my waist, tied into a bow. It had a heart-collar, strapless, and low cut, but not too low. Just to my knees. I had a golden chained necklace, with a giant diamond in the center, surrounded by emeralds, making a perfect circle around them. She let my hair loose, falling down to where it was just above my waist, and perfectly straight. I smirk, at the clear lip-gloss that I had added, and the golden eyeshadow that I couldn’t remove. Not that I wanted to, anyway.

I walk out, quickly flying down to the ground. I go walking toward the party, linking my arm with Dylan’s. We had promised when we were little that the first party we ever went to, we would go with each other. We walk down the street, everyone with us. Josh was probably with Thunder. Which was a relief. I still hated his guts.

“Wow, Jolie did a great job.”, Dylan says, smiling as he twirls me.

“Yeah, but Sissy didn’t.”

“Well excuse me for trying to make you beautiful! Although, I’d like to know where it all went.”

“Down the drain in my bathroom,” I say, smirking as we walk down the street. Sissy mutters something else, making me roll my eyes. “Just enjoy the party, Sissy! It’s gonna be a blast! I hear Frankie always throws the best parties!”

“You’ve never been to his parties?”, Forrest asks, raising an eyebrow. I shake my head, feeling my cheeks burn as the blood flows into them.

“You’ve never been to a party before?”, Kevin asks.

“Nope. This is my first party. Ever.”

“What about birthday?”

“Don’t count,” Dylan and I say together. “Jinx! You owe me a soda!”, we say together. “Double jinx!!”

“Wow,” Tacey snickers. “You’ve never been to a party before. Wait till Miranda hears about that!”, Tacey laughs, smirking.

“Back off,” Dylan and I say together. “We don’t wanna hear your crap.”

“Okay, that’s just freaky.”

“Yeah? Shoo shoo,” I say, rolling my eyes as I walk past her.

“Hey! There’s Frankie’s house!”, Dylan says, smirking.

“Race yah!”, we say together, already running toward the house.

“What a bunch of losers.”, Tacey snickers. I stop on my chase, running backwards toward Tacey.

“Oh, Tacey! What’s that on your face!”

“Huh? What!”, she says, pulling out a mirror. I spit on her, smirking.

“That,” and she screeches furiously, and I go running back toward Dylan, linking my arm with his as we head into the party. We walk in, and “Cooler Than Me” was blasting through the speakers.

“Yo!! Doll and Dyl! So glad you could make it!”, Frankie says, ruffling my hair.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world, Frankie.”, I say, smirking.

“Wow, Kendall … you look hot,” Frankie says, looking me up and down.

“Thanks,” I say, blushing probably a new shade of red.

♠ ♣ ♠

I was enjoying myself, having fun, dancing with just about every boy in our school. I got asked out a couple of times, but as if I would say yes. I promised my mom I’d wait till I was at least sixteen before I dated. And I’m fifteen now. So, in a couple of months …

“Umm, hey,” Josh says, smiling nervously.

“S’up,” I say, shrugging.

“You, uhh, wanna dance?”

“Umm, sure, why not?”, I say, laughing slightly. “Try anything, and I’ll let Kevin murder you.”

Just then “Somebody To Love Remix” plays, and Josh grabs my hand, pulling me onto the dance floor as we dance next to each other.

And as the song ends, I step away from Josh, trying to find my way through the house, and find Jolie. I so had to thank her for the dress. Although, she looked a little … busy with some guy over there by the staircase.

I walk back toward the dance floor, and my current obsession plays. I immediately start dancing, smiling and laughing, as I’m soon joined by Kevin.

“I didn’t know you danced!”

“Yeah, well this song isn’t half bad!”

“Tell me about it! I love this song!”, I yell over the music, laughing as he twirls me. We just continue dancing, laughing slightly.

“S’up, little bro,” Josh says, smirking as he ruffles Kevin’s hair. Kevin glares at him, making me giggle slightly.

“I didn’t know Josh was older.”

“That actually depends,” Kevin growls.

“We both died when we were sixteen,” Josh says, rolling his eyes.

“’Kay,” I say, rolling my eyes as I continue dancing to this addicting song. The next song was equally addicting, and I’m not sure exactly how I ended up dancing with Josh and Kevin both. But I somehow did. They weren’t half bad dancers either. And as that song ended, I walked away before they started fighting.

“You just aren’t happy until you steal every guy at school.”, Miranda sneers.

“What are you talking about? I’m just enjoying the party.”

“You danced with the two hottest guys at school! At the same time!!”

“Oh, Kevin and Josh?”, I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“And you come walking in with Dylan!”

“Yeah, because he’s my best friend.”, I say, rolling my eyes as I walk away.

Miranda is such a pain in the ass, I think, dancing along to this awesome song!
♠ ♠ ♠
Song #1
Song #2
Song #3