The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

How Could They Do That?

We invited the Grants over for a little BBQ since everything was going so well with Kirstie and I now. I personally put Josh and I in charge of the cooking. Todd and Kirstie’s only responsibly were the kids. So far, they were doing a good job… I think. They seem to be doing a lot of picking on each other than the kids right now. But that doesn’t concern me. Josh and I have food to grill.

“I’m still amazed that you can cook… decently,” I teased, watching him flip a few burgers.

“Why? You’ve never met a guy who can cook… decently?” he taunted back.

“No,” I giggled out, making him chuckle as well.

His smile flashed over his face as he shook his head and I glanced back inside. I let out a sigh as I saw Todd and Kirstie. A weird feeling in the pit of my stomach formed, making me look away. I sighed and sat down on one of the chairs.

“You ok today?” Josh asked while glancing back at me quickly.

“Fine,” I mumbled, not really wanting to share what I was feeling with him.

He didn’t press melike Todd would though. He just went right back to his grilling. It didn’t take him too long to finish up. He put all the food on a big plate and walked towards the door. I hurried ahead of him and opened the door.

When I looked up, I stopped where I stood. Was Todd trying to… kiss Kirstie? His eyes were closed and his lips were puckered like he was going to. How could he?

“Todd,” I pushed out, feeling a lump in my throat form.

Right away, the pair stepped away from each other quickly. Oh my god, no… No, Todd… not with my best friend.

“I need to get out of here,” I said while hurrying towards the door.

“Ky, wait…” Todd called after me, but he wasn’t chasing me.Like he would anyway.

I ran to the back of my car and leaned my back against it. All my strength seemed to leave me, making me slid to the ground while loud sobs came out of me.

He just did that… in front of our son! The more I thought about it, the more it upset me and the more I cried. A few seconds later, I hear the front door open and then slam close. I just figured it was Todd so I got up to leave, but… it was Josh. His eyes seemed glossy as he started for the driver’s side of his truck

“Get in,” he said without breaking his stride or bringing his eyes up to mine.

I didn’t question. I just did what I was told and climbed into the passenger side of his truck. It was the most awkward thing I’ve ever experience. Both of our spouses almost kissed… in front of our kids… when we were only feet away. How could they even think about doing that? I know moments happen, but… they’re like brother and sister. That’s my husband, Kirstie!

The thought made me cry harder. Josh,being the sweetheart that he normally is, reached over and took my hand, making small circles with his thumb against my skin.Like Todd always does.

We drove for almost thirty minutes… in pure silence. I hated it, but… it was nice knowing that someone was sort of in the same state of mind as me. I let out a sigh just as he pulled into the driveway of a house that I’d never seen before. Through my tear filled eyes, I looked at him oddly.

“I didn’t want to go home, knowing she’d be there. And I figured you didn’t want to stay there so… welcome to the beach house,” he tried to be cheerful, but his eyes gave everything away.

“Josh, I’m sorry,” I pushed out with our hands still together.

“It’s not your fault,” he sighed while running his other hand through his spiky hair.

We sat there for a few more silent minutes before I followed him inside. The two of us stayed in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, staring awkwardly at the tiled floor. Every once in a while, I chanced a glanced up at Josh. Each time his eyes seemed to be more and more glossy. After about the fourth time of doing this, a single tear started falling down his cheek. I hate seeing any guy cry so I went over and gave him a hug.

“How could they do that?” he wheezed out, making my heartbreak so much more from hearing this.

I had no clue what to say to the guy. I didn’t even know what to think anymore. It was as if my whole world had just turned upside down. I was too stunned to cry now. All I was worried about was Josh and his state of mind.

“Do you want to go for a walk, Josh? Water calms me just a little,” I suggested once we parted a little.

“Yeah… let me grab a hoodie,” he sighed and disappeared up the stairs.

He came back down a few minutes later with the hood of his hoodie up. I gave him a weak smile that he attempted to return, but the look in his eyes gave everything away. Aw, poor Joshie.

As we walked down to the water’s edge, I rubbed his back gently. He responded by hooking his arm around me and pulling me against him. I gave him another weak smile before we sat down on the sand together.

We sat in silence for the longest time, silently crying while we held each other. I wanted to talk about something, but… I had no clue of what to bring up. Just thinking about what happened hurt so much.

The longer we sat there, the more the sun went down, meaning it started getting a tad bit chilly. Small shivers came out of me, which Josh just had to notice. Without saying anything he slid his hoodie off and hung it over my shoulders. I smiled up at him as to say thanks that he actually returned.

We sat out here until it was dark without saying anything. The two of us went back inside and stayed in the living room and watched a movie to try and get our minds off of thingswhile still in each other’s arms.

After the movie was over, it was pretty late. I was going to go to bed in the guest room, but when I looked down, Josh was sleeping. I didn’t have the heart to wake him so the two of us stayed on the couch all night, holding each other because of the hurt our spouses caused us.
♠ ♠ ♠
*squeals like a little girl* getting excited!!!! lol :D

Kylee

wonder if this will spark comments.... lol :D