The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

Even Tough Moto Boys

“Mommy, will you come play wif’ me?” Blake asked hopefully as he tugged on my shirt.

“Sure,” I grinned as he slipped his hand into mine and led me to the living room where he had all his toys he had gotten for Christmas a few weeks ago laid.

I sat on the floor next to him and helped him build ramps out of Lego’s that his dirt bike toys could go off of. I laughed watching Blake making the toys race each other and do tricks, it was so cute to see him making all the noises.

“Here mommy, you wanna be him?” He asked as he held out a dirt bike.

“Okay let’s race them,” I excitedly said as we lined up the toys and raced them around.

I couldn’t wait to have another kid. I know I’m only about a month and a half into my pregnancy but I’m still really looking forward to it. I love Blake so much, and he brings so much energy and joy into Josh and my life, having another child could only make it better.

”DADDY!” Blake yelled as Josh sauntered through the door.

“Hey,” Josh dully said with a weak smile as Blake got up and ran as fast as he could to Josh. He bent down and gave him a small kiss on the head before Blake dragged him over to our creation.

“Daddy, look what mommy and I made!” Blake squealed excitedly.

“Yeah, it’s nice,” he pushed out before disappearing up the stairs.

Blake sat back down, a little disappointed that Josh didn’t take too much notice of him or his lego track. I got a small frown on my face seeing how disappointed Blake was.

“Where’s daddy?” Blake asked about a half an hour later after Josh had never returned.

“I don’t know Blake. I’m gonna go see okay,” I told him as I pushed myself to my feet and walked up the stairs.

I pressed the door open to find Josh sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. I silently walked over and slowly sat down next to him and rubbed his back gently. I kept on rubbing his back while the only sound that filled the room was his heavy breathing.

“My parents are getting a divorce,” Josh lowly sighed after a long time.

I let out a small sigh before saying “Josh, I’m so sorry.”

“I can’t believe this,” He groaned running his hands through his matted down and messy hair. I didn’t say anything in response; I just hugged onto his middle as he slowly wrapped his arms around me.

“Did you just find out today?” I asked while still hugging him.

“Yeah, my mom called me and my dad called my sister Erin,” He nodded.

“I’m so sorry Joshie, I really am,” I genuinely told him.

“Me too. I always looked up to my parents, especially my dad, he was my example. He taught me how to be a good husband and a dad and now he’s going against what he always told me. I can’t ever look up to them or ask any advice of them in that area anymore,” Josh told me.

“I know this is hard Josh. I do know how much you admire your dad but you are a great husband and a great daddy and nothing is going to change that,” I told him.

“I look up to my dad so much and you always want to believe that your parents do the right thing only now they’re not….and it hurts,” Josh said with hurt in his voice as it crackled the tiniest bit.

“It’s okay to cry Josh. Everyone does, even tough moto boys,” I said to him.

“I know,” He sighed.

“it’s just me Josh,” I said as I could tell he wanted to cry but kept on holding it in.

“I’m so glad it’s you,” He replied as he held me tighter.

Soon I heard a small whimper before a few small tears were being shed on my shoulder. Aww my poor Joshie. He loves both his parents so much and he really does look up to his dad an awful lot so I’m sure this has to be really hard for him.

After a while we parted a little so we could see each other’s faces. My hand slowly came up and gently wiped away the tears that were left on his cheeks. I left a small kiss on his nose as a small sigh escaped him.

I sat on the bed with my back up against the headboard and motioned for him to come over to me. He crawled onto the bed and laid his head in my lap as my hand stroked his hair. He confided in me a while longer until we saw Blake pop his head in the door. Our son toddled over to the bed and made his way onto the bed and into Josh’s arms.

“Are you sad daddy?” Blake plainly asked.

“Yeah I am a little, but mommy made it better,” Josh smiled up at me before he kissed Blake’s forehead.

“Mommy always makes me feel better,” Blake said.

“She’s good at that,” Josh grinned as he took my hand in his and gave it a small squeeze.

I’m so glad that our son has a good example like Josh to follow. I can only hope he’ll grow up to be just like his daddy.
♠ ♠ ♠
i realized in an earlier chapter i had Josh's parents married and they're actually divorced so... that's why i have this chapter...and Josh is just super cute so that's another reason!

The Grant's...all of them ha