The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

You Really Do Have A Filter Problem Don't You?

Some how, Todd convinced his parents to come and have a little Potter family… thing… with the Grants too since Josh hadn’t been taking his parents’ divorce too well. I wasn’t nervous… really. It was more of worrying about what’s going to come out of Todd’s mouth around Kirstie. It’s so hard to tell what’s going to come out of either of their mouths when they’re around each other.

Tyson was buzzing today. I swear he got into Monster or Todd’s millions of cases of Rockstar. He can’t be excited to see his grandparents. Ok, maybe he could, but… this isn’t really like him to be this hyper.

I glanced around the kitchen, trying to find something that would explain it to me. Once my eyes fell on the counter, I had my answer. I am going to have me a papa bear.

“Todd Gavin!” I shouted out to the living room with my hands on my hips.

“What, babe?” he asked innocently while trying to contain a squirmy Ty.

“Did you give that boy marshmallows?” I asked, watching his grin grow.

“It’s what he wanted,” he countered.

“You can’t give him all that sugar!”

“Yes, you can. He ate it perfectly fine,” he smirked.

I glared at him, which just made his smile grow even more. With a roll of my eyes, I went back into he kitchen to finish getting stuff ready for this little cook out.

Before I knew it, Blake was here and joining Ty in his hyper-ness. Well, this should be interesting. Todd and Josh kept up with the two as we moved outside, waiting for Todd’s parents.

Kirstie and I watched our boys while our pregnant butts sat on comfy lawn chairs. We’re both around three months. But you probably couldn’t tell by looking at us. Kirstie’s tummy seems to be the average size for three months. Mine though… I feel like I’m farther along. I never really questioned it though. All babies are different.

After about ten more minutes, Todd’s lovely parents made it. I got up and was greeted by his mom, Lisa, with a tight hug. She awed over my growing tummy before rubbing it. This is one of the things that bugs me about being pregnant; people randomly rub your belly, making you feel fatter than what you already are. Todd is a pro at this. Not even kidding.

Once Todd’s dad, Heath, had given me a hug, Tyson came running over while screaming his head off. Could he be anymore hyper? Lisa bent down to pick him up and hugged him tightly, but Tyson didn’t want any of that. He just wanted to run around and scream. Of course Blake followed.

Todd’s mom and dad came over and pulled up a seat with us and the Grants, minus the hyper things of Blake and Tyson. We all talked about our little families. Kirstie and Josh don’t really know Todd’s parents too well, but they got along just fine. And I was so happy.

When we all got ready to eat, it was so hard to get the kids to settle down. We did get them to sit at the picnic table with a plate of food in front of each of them. That lasted a whole two minutes before they were back to running around. We gave up after that. My Ty was going to sleep good tonight though. That’s for sure.

After we ate, Todd joined me in my comfy lawn chair. Want to know the first thing he did? Placed his hands on my stomach! I glared at him playfully, which just made him smile and kiss my lips softly. I sighed and rested my head on his chest while watching my baby boy continue to run.

A little silence had fallen over all of us as we watched the two boys play their little games. But, just like every other time, Todd had to be the one to break the silence. Good job, babe.

“I just realized that Kirstie and Blake have one big thing in common,” he spoke. I couldn’t see her, but I could only imagine that Kirstie was rolling her eyes.

“What’s that, Todd?” Josh asked since no one else did.

“They both act like overly hyper two year olds,” he smirked.

“Todd,” his mom shot at him.

“But it’s true,” he replied with a smile in his voice.

“Be nice,” his mom went on, adding a finger point to him.

“Yeah, Todd, listen to your mommy,” Kirstie piped in.

“You know what, Kirsten?” Todd started, but never got to finish.

“Todd,” his mom said in a stern voice, making Todd’s mouth hang open.

“But…”

“No, buts. Be nice,” she kept going.

Todd huffed while pouting his lips out to me of all people. He knows I’m the only one that can’t resist that face. I smiled and reached up and pecked his lips quickly. He’s just way too cute sometimes.

“Wow, Todd I’m surprised you can actually keep your mouth shut,” Kirstie teased, making his parents giggle.

“Shut up. At least I’m not the one pregnant!” he shot back, making Kirstie erupt in a fit of giggles once again.

“Todd, news flash! Ky’s pregnant too… You really do have a filter problem don’t you?” she said once her giggles faded.

“Since he was born,” Lisa piped in, making everyone but Todd share a laugh.

Todd pouted again, because people were picking on him. Aw, my Toddie Bear. I smiled up at him and kissed his lips once again, making that gorgeous smile appear all over again.

After that little episode, Ty come walking over for the first time tonight while rubbing his little eyes. Aw, my little TPs tired. Todd sat up a little bit in the chair and removed one of his arms from me to pick Tyson up. He sat him on his lap next to me and I smiled at him before kissing his forehead.

“Tired, sweetie?” I asked softly while running my hand through his dark, thick hair.

“Nu uh,” he said while still rubbing his eyes.

Todd and I both smiled while I hooked an arm around my baby who was starting to look so tired. As we laid there, Josh and Kirstie said that they were going to go home and put Blake to bed since he was in the same state as Ty. We thanked them for coming before they walked off.

All of the lovely Potters sat here, watching Ty as he slid down more. Pretty soon he was close to my growing stomach. His little hand came up and rested next to the one Todd had there. This adorable little sight made me smile.

“Mommy, when’s the baby coming?” Tyson asked softly, fighting his own sleep.

“In a few months, sweetie. Are you excited to be a big brother?” I asked with another smile.

“Yeah,” he yawned just as Todd bent down and left a kiss on the top of his head.

“Do you want a brother or a sister, Ty?” Todd asked.

“Brother,” he simply said with his eyes obviously getting heavy.

“But what if you get a sister?” Todd kept poking.

He needs to shut up so our baby can sleep. Ty never answered him though. He just shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep. I smiled and kissed his forehead gently. A few minutes later, Todd’s parents left. I got up to hug them goodbye while Todd took our sleepy baby boy inside to lay him down.

When I went inside, Todd was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. I couldn’t hold in my smile as I walked over and hooked my arms around him. After he gave me a quick kiss, he scooped me up in his arms and took me up to our room where I cuddled the night away with my Toddie Bear.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can really tell when Kirstie and I get excited to write... we kinda have random chapters lol but i love :D
I"m thinking i'm posting the next chapter too... I might do that soon :/

The Potters

comment please :D