The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

But I Love JGR!

North Carolina…week three. Our whole purpose of moving to North Carolina was so Josh could be near the team and that would hopefully make him a better rider and get him on the podium in Supercross season. Well….it hasn’t been working. He’s actually been finishing worse than he was!

Personally, I think it’s the stress of moving to somewhere new. I didn’t like it here, although I never told him that but I could tell he didn’t either. California is our home and this is no California. I know Josh hates not being able to ride with his friends or see family all the time and I think that’s what it is. But what do I know? I’m not the team manager, that’s not for me to decide.

“Kirstie…do you think they’re gonna fire me?” Josh nervously asked me on the morning that we were supposed to go in to have a meeting with Coy Gibbs and team manager Jeremy Albrect.

“Aw baby, they wouldn’t fire you,” I cooed as I went over and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.

“But I haven’t been getting greasy,” he said with a small smile coming over his face. He knew how much I loved it when he said that.

“You’re so cute,” I giggled while pecking his lips. “But seriously they wouldn’t ask you to move out here and then kick you off the team. That just doesn’t make any sense.”

“But why would they call me in for a meeting on my off day and then ask for you to be there too. That’s weird,” He sighed nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck.

“It’ll be good. Don’t worry Joshie,” I tried to reassure him while rubbing my hands up and down his back.

Later we got the kids buckled into the car and headed to the JGR facility. Since we still don’t really know anyone out here we brought the kids with us. I just hope they’ll be well behaved in the meeting.

I held Logan as Josh took Blake by the hand. We walked through the garage and were met by Alex who shot us a smile from the chair he was sitting in.

“Why are you guys here? Josh has Mondays off?” Alex asked.

“Jeremy and Coy wanted to talk to Kirstie and I and we brought the kids since we don’t know anyone that could watch them,” Josh explained.

“I’ll keep an eye on them,” Alex said to us.

“You don’t need to do that,” I responded.

“Does it really look like I’m busy?” he questioned as he was sitting in a chair. “I’m waiting for a guy to bring me a few parts. I don’t have anything to do, I’d love to watch them.”

“Can we daddy?” Blake asked as he looked up at Josh. Blake loved spending time with Alex. He was really patient with him and always explained stuff about the bike to our son which he loved.

“C’mon dad, it’ll be fine,” Alex teased while walking over. I handed him Logan and told him thanks as did Josh before we walked up to Coy’s office.

“Knock knock,” Josh said as we walked into the office with our fingers laced together.

“Have a seat,” Coy kindly said as we plopped down across from him and Jeremy.

“Good to see you here Kirstie, I’m glad you could come,” Jeremy politely said.

“Yeah I know it’s been so long since I’ve seen you guys, like a whole two days,” I said with a laugh hoping to lighten the mood since Josh seemed tense.

“So…what’s this about?” Josh asked being the straight shooter that he is.

“We wanted to talk to both of you about your move to North Carolina,” Coy said as I saw Josh immediately loosen up. They wouldn’t fire JG!

“What about it exactly?” Josh countered.

“What do you think of it so far?” Coy prodded.

“…It’s nice being near the JGR facility but I miss having all our friends and family around. That’s tough,” Josh answered while running a hand through his spikey hair.

“How about you Kirstie? How has it affected you?” Jeremy asked me.

“Well I really miss our family and friends like Josh said,” I started. “But for me, my best friend and I started our own photography business a while back so that’s been hard. We still haven’t really figured out how that’s gonna work. And seeing Josh like this…”

“What exactly do you mean by that last part?” Coy quizzed. I saw all three of them looking at me wondering what I was going to say…mostly Josh…

“Well,” I sighed. “He seems more stressed than he used to be. Josh would always practice at our house but he would always go to different tracks and ride with friends and he loved it. It just seems like now he doesn’t enjoy it as much as he used to.”

“We’ve noticed that too. With Josh’s style it’s hard for him to practice on just one track,” Jeremy said.

“So are you saying you’re going to build another track?” Josh asked wrinkling up his eyebrows. It was so adorable, I wanted to kiss him but…I was able to refrain.

“No, we’re saying that you don’t have to stay here,” Coy said as clear as mud.

“But I love JGR! I don’t want to switch team,” Josh almost whined as Coy and Jeremy Albrect chuckled.

“I meant you can move back to California if you want. We wanted you to move here to make you better and it obviously didn’t work so you don’t have to live here if you don’t want to,” Coy said with a smile.

“What do you think Kirstie? Wanna go back to Cali?” Josh smiled at me.

”YES!” I squealed not being able to hold in my excitement. I threw my arms around Josh and gave him a tight hug before hugging the other two guys in the room as well.

We gave them our thanks before scurrying out of the room. Once we did so Josh immediately pulled me up against him and pressed his lips to mine passionately.

“Crazy kids,” I heard Jeremy tease as he walked past us but we didn’t pay any attention to him and kept on kissing.

“I love you so much,” I said to Josh once we separated to get some air and I hugged onto his hunky middle.

“I love you too. Thank you for being with me through this and being so supportive,” Josh told me while leaving a kiss on my head and holding me tightly.

“I think someone’s going to be glad that he’ll have his Ty Ty back,” I smiled referring to Blake.

“I think someone’s going to be glad that she’ll have her Ky Ky back,” Josh joked while nuzzling his head next to mine.

“I gotta go tell my Blakey boy,” I beamed while intertwining Josh and my fingers together. When we got down to the garage Josh scooped Blake up in his arms and I took Logan in mine.

“Guess what buddy?” Josh started.

“What?” Blake asked.

“Were moving back to California!” I beamed.

”YAY!” He yelled while clapping his hands together. Logan sensed all the excitement and let out a squeal while kicking his legs. I looked down at his little caramel eyes that mirrored Josh’s and left a kiss on Logan’s forehead.

“I have to call Kylee!” I smiled while putting Logan on my hip and digging out my phone and dialed the familiar number.

“Hey Grant,” I heard Kylee’s voice say,

“Hey Potter,” I giggled.

“What’s up,” She asked.

“I think you’re going to be excited in a minute,” I told her.

“Why? Did you finally come to your senses and realize that Josh really isn’t the most gorgeous thing on the planet?” she teased.

“Nope, that’s not ever going to happen,” I laughed as did she.

I was so excited right now. I can’t believe that we’re going back home. Back to the place that we belong.
♠ ♠ ♠
josh and kirstie