Status: quick updates!

The time of our lives.

Chapter two.

“REID,” I shrieked with shock whilst staring at his, very nice, body.

“MELISSA,” he said whilst bug eyed, “what are you doi- are you lost? Your lost aren’t you?” he rambled on at my frozen body.

“No, I’m not lost, this is my new room, there’s apparently no room left in the girls quarters, so, I have to share with a boy, who I’m guessing, is you, unless you use random people’s showers” I said anxiously, whilst playing with my red hair.

“Oh, well, erm... make yourself at home? Let me just get dressed, and we’ll talk about this properly,” he decided with a start, and walked back into the bathroom.

I looked around our medium-sized room. It had two single beds on each side of the door, a window straight ahead, with a bathroom to the left, of what appeared to be, Reid’s bed. It also had a little dresser, which was just about full with hair gel and deodorant. The floor was a creamy colour, with the walls a deep brown. It was nice for a boarding school room.

When Reid came back out I explained to him how the lady at the office had said there was no more room, so I had to bunk with a boy, temporarily until someone leaves, or permanently if someone doesn’t. At the end, he didn’t seem that bothered more pleased if anything. Well, that’s a teenage boy for you.

“So...,” he started, after sighing “Do you want to come and meet my friends? Because your going to be seeing a lot of them if your staying in here.”

“Yeah, I’d like that, at least I won’t look like a loner then,” I smiled at him, thankful for him being so calm about all of this.

After going on what seemed like an hour trek, we arrived at a bar called ‘Nikki’s’. When Reid went to fetch his friends, I took in his outfit, and boy, he looked good.

“Melissaaaaa,” he sang whilst pulling over three lads and two girls. “These are my best friends, Pogue, Caleb, Tyler, Sarah and Kate. Erm... Caleb and Sarah are dating so are Pogue and Kate,” he finished with a smile, looking proud at his friends.

“Hi,” I greeted whilst hugging each of them. They all replied with various forms of ‘hello’

“OH MY GOD!” Sarah screamed with a start making me jump. “I LOVE your outfit, where’d you get it from.”

“Thanks,” I said after smirking, “and, all over the place, mainly little shops in England.”

“Ohhh,” Caleb said, recognition crossing his features. “I thought you had an accent.”

I smiled at Reid’s group of friends; they all seemed nice, like they’d protect you if something ever went wrong. I have friends like that back home.

“So, whose up for a game of pool?” Pogue said with a cocky smirk, which I can take right back off, he’s never seen me play.

“I will,” I started after no-one else replied.

“Are you sure?” Kate said astoundingly. “I’m guessing Reid hasn’t warned you how good he is at this.”

“It’s alright, I can take him,” I replied, whilst sending a wink Reid’s way.

He chuckled and stood back, the others minus Pogue following.

“Bring it on little lady,” Pogue teased and picked up a cue.

“Hey now, you can take the piss out of me, I don’t mind, just don’t take the piss out of my height, I’m not little, just fun-sized,” I glared up at him, the rest chuckling at my lame attempt to be scary.

Half an hour later and I’d annihilated him three times, and earned myself twenty dollars. Not bad for playing a little bit of pool.

“Who’s this sexy lady then?” someone said admiringly, and then slapped my behind. I turned with a start wondering who the hell was trying to feel me up.

“Hands off of her Smith,” Reid said protectively, after pushing this mysterious boy away from me.

“What you gonna do Garwin? I’m not scared of you, or your little friends, this girl will be mine, and you can’t do ANYTHING to stop me.

“Oh yeah, well watch me,” Reid said taking a stride forward ready to strike this Smith guy in the face.

“Leave it Reid, he’s not worth it, he’s not going to touch her, not with us here,” Caleb answered, trying to calm his best friend down, “I think it’s time we all headed back anyway.”

“Yeah, C’mon Mel,” Reid agreed taking my hand and dragging me away.

“What was all that about?” I questioned, slightly confused as to why he got so annoyed when he’d only just met me.

“He’s a dickhead, he messes with girls, has sex with them, and then leaves them heart broken, and the girls he doesn’t get... well, let’s just say that doesn’t end to well for the girl either.

He stopped walking, sighed and turned to me. “I know I’ve only just met you, but I care about you Mel, I feel like It’s my responsibility, and I don’t want to see anyone hurt you.” My heart
fluttered as he said those words, he was too sweet.

“Thanks Reid, I appreciate it,” I replied, “and, you don’t have to worry, I won’t go near him,” I assured.

“Your welcome and thanks,” he said, and gave me a nice long hug. “Well, I don’t know about you, but I for one am tired, and tomorrow’s going to be a busy day for you and me as it’s Saturday so we best get some sleep.”

I agreed as we reached our room, and went to the bathroom to shower and change. When I got out Reid was already in his bed. “Night Mel,” he said.

“G’night Reid,” I replied sleepily, and I shut my eyes and let the sleep overtake me.
♠ ♠ ♠
mmm. chapter two, for my 6 readers.

I kinda expected to not have a lot of readers as The Covenant isn't very popular, and I don't know about everyone else, but I like to read stories with 10+ chapters :)

but anyway, hope you enjoy it <3 :)

Selina x