Status: D O N E !

Heart of Gold

Wedding Plans

Throughout the course of the day there was a parade to City Hall. Bunches of people came to see the Cup and the Conne Smythe. Jon was pretty excited about this. He smiled which for me even is rare. But he did. It was adorable. I stayed and talked to Andèe while Jon was parading around.

“So Stella. Are you excited about getting married soon?” she asked.

“Well honestly I’m slightly scared but I’m very excited.”

“Sweetie. It’ll start like that but once the time comes you’ll feel exhausted and can’t wait for the honeymoon phase.” I laughed at her remark.

After the parade and the handing of the key, naming of the community centre and the lake; we were able to go back to the Toews residence and rest for a while. Once Jon entered the living room he passed out on the couch. I held his little cousin Madison at my hip. “Is Jonny dead?” she asked. I shook my head and laughed. “No Mad he’s not. Just very tired.” “Oh okay!” I put her down and she walked over to Jon. She started poking him seeing if I was telling the truth or not. I giggled as Jon moved with every touch he felt from Madison. I looked down at Madison, “Mad why don’t we leave him alone for a while and you can play with Dave in the back?” Dave’s eyes shot up. “Huh?” “You will go play with your cousin in the backyard.” Dave got the message and took Madison with him in the back.

*****************

A few hours later Jon woke up from his nap he found me and his mom talking about the wedding. He took a glance at the magazines that were spread across the dining room table. “Geez. That’s a lot of magazines.” Jon said scratching his head planting a kiss on me and his mom. “Jonathan this is a wedding. Bigger than anything you can imagine. Just wait till the stress comes to you.” He looked at me waiting for a reply. “Jon she’s kidding. You have a job and that’s what your going to do. Andy said that she would help us out since season takes up a lot of the months of the year. I wouldn‘t do that to you. I mean you‘ll be helping out once in a while but I don‘t want to stress you out too much.” Jon let out a sigh and kiss the top of my head. “Thank God.” he said. I laughed playfully hitting him in the chest.

“Have you decided on a date yet?” his mom asked. Jon walked to the cookie jar and took a cookie out stuffing it in his face. “Not yet entirely.” he said after swallowing. I continued to flip through the magazine while thinking about a date. “I was thinking late Spring/early Summer.” I said. “Maybe if your not in playoff mode by then?” He thought for a second holding another cookie up to his mouth before biting into it. “That could work… Hopefully.” he said finishing his cookie.

Later that day Jon took me out dinner in his favorite restaurant here in Winnipeg. Always the romantic. Sometime I think that I wish I was just the only girl in the world when I’m with him. “How do you feel about some of the guys being traded?” he asked me. It’s been a month and a few weeks since Game 6 and since then pretty much half the team was traded. It was upsetting but there were reasons why they did such a thing. “I’m sad for sure. I mean I’ve known some of these guys for a while and not having them on the Hawks is a strange thing for me. I mean. Burish is my pranking buddy, Steeg is my singing buddy, Ladd is my piggy back ride buddy, Sopel, Eager, Madden are like dads that I never had, Nemo was my Finish translator, Frazzle is my afro buddy, Huet is my French fry, and Buff is my doggy buddy.” as I finished Jon looked at me quizzically. He laughed. “You hang out with my teammates way too much.” “Well as I see it the Chicago Blackhawks are really close out of all the other teams. Maybe that’s why.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Very Short. Very Filler-ish. I felt bad for not updating in weeks. School has been very tiring. I'm sorry.
Comment?
Rate?
Subscribe?