You Know My Love is Always On Your Side

#3

~Saturday, September 25, 2010~

Maybel tossed and turned in her bed, trying to go back to sleep, but after awhile she gave up and trudged into the hallway. Surprisingly, Mason was already up, making breakfast. The two of them were doing great living with each other, although, Maybel missed her home. College was good for both of them. Maybel went to school Mondays and Wednesdays and Mason went to night classes whenever he felt like it. It slightly annoyed Maybel that Mason always wanted to go out and party, when she just felt like sitting home or going to the library. She didn’t want to say no and make Mason go alone...

“Morning,” Mason smiled, turning around to face Maybel instead of watching the frying pan. “You like eggs,right?”

“Yeah,” She smiled and sat down on the couch.

As soon as Maybel turned on the television, there was a knock at the door. Immedinately , they both shot confused looks at each other. She shrugged to Mason, got up and answered the door.

“Sophie?!” She blinked her eyes in amazement.

“Hey sis,” She smiled and walked in. “Nice place.”

“Um...”Mason shut off the fire and looked at the twins.

“Soph...why are you here?” Maybel looked at her, then down to the floor, were Sophie placed her bags down.

“Can’t a girl just come visit her sister and her weird friend?” She smiled and plopped on the couch.

“Yeah...but you wouldn’t come here for no reason...” Maybel sighed, still standing in the same spot.

“Okay, look. I told mom and dad that I’m coming up here to go to college, to make something of my life. Well, obviously, that’s a lie...so I’m going to be staying here for a while because I want money and if they find out I’m just blowing the money, I’ll be sent to live with Aunt Teresea in Finland.” Sophie said, going through the fridge.

Maybel’s eyes shot open as she looked to Mason, who was in total disbelief.

“Sophie...I know you’re in a hard place right now...but you can’t stay here...” Maybel swallowed and looked at the floor.

“Maybel! I am not going to Finland!” Sophie screamed.

“Go stay with Tristen,” Mason said which caused Maybel to shoot his glance at the mention of her love’s name.

“I can’t. We’re on a “break”.” Sophie rolled her eyes, making air qoutes.

“Well, you can’t stay here.” Mason looked her, no regrets.

“Stay out of this. This is between me and my siser.” She spat.

“I pay rent here, I am on the lease. So, get out of our house.” He smiled.

“Soph, you can take my room...” Maybel mumbled, not looking up.

“Ha.” She smiled and grabbed her things.

“Maybel!” Mason yelled, angrily.

“She’s my sister and she needs help.”

“Of all the things, she’s done to you, you are still so nice to her. She doesn’t deserve you.” He mumbled and tossed the eggs in the trashcan.

“She’s family. Why can’t she stay here?” Maybel finally looked up.

“Because, it was supposed to be me and you. Just me and you.” Mason stared at her.

“Well, for now, it’s me, you and Sophie. Geez, Mas, it’s not like we’re a couple..” Maybel ended the conversation and walked back into her room, where Sophie was.

Mason felt embarassed and angry that she said that.

Geez, Mas, it’s not like we’re a couple...., Mason kept repeating her words in his mind.

***

“Sophie, do you want to go to the mall and get some extra stuff if you’re going to be staying here?” Maybel offered, hoping this outing will bring them closer...and she could right out more about Tristen.

“Okay.” Sophie smiled and grabbed her keys.

“No...I’ll drive..” Maybel laughed as they headed out the door.

“Where are you going?” Mason scared the girls by pretending to sleep on the couch.

“Out to the mall. Wanna come?” Maybel smiled.

“No, he doesn’t.” Sophie said and walked out the door.

“No thanks. Have fun..” He laughed sadly.

“Yeah.” Maybel smiled and locked the door as she left.

***

The girls arrived back at the apartment about 4 hours later, to find Mason cooking dinner.

“Hey.” Mason smiled as they walked in.

“Hey Mas. You didn’t have to cook dinner..” She smiled.

“I know, but I’m tired of take out....look like you guys bought alot.” He said, shutting off the fire and setting out three dishes.

Sophie walked down the hall in Maybel’s room with the bags.

“Well, most of it was Sophie’s of course, but I got a dress. I’ll go try it on!” Maybel smiled, happily.

A few minutes later, Maybel came out wearing this short red dress with black heels, with her hair down with loads of wavys throughout it.

“...What do you think?” Maybel smirked slightly and awkwardly walked toward Mason.

“...You look...just like you’re sister..” He stared at her.

“Well, we are twins, you know...” She laughed.

“No.. you look ridiculous...and slutty...” He shook his head and walked over to the book shelf, and grabbed a book.

“Well thanks. The one time I actually feel pretty..-” Maybel started but there was a knock at the door.

She stumbled over toward the door in her heels where she answered the door to find.....Tristen.

“Maybel? Is that you?!” He smiled.

“Uh yeah...” She laughed.

“Wow...you look great..”Tristen bit his lips and examined all of her curves.

“Thanks..” She smiled.

“Tristen!” Sophie screamed from inside, scaring Maybel out of her trance.

“Hey babe!” He kissed her.

Well, that was fun while it lasted.... Maybel frowned and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D comment and subscribe pleaasseee!

Maybel

Sophie