When Will You Realize That I'm Your Child Too?

Chapter Four

Ariana walked into the school office, "I'm here to get information about performing." Ariana told the receptionist. She smiled.

"You must be Ariana. Ms. Martinez will be right with you. Ariana sat down on a hard chair and waited. A door finally opened and she was called in. She walked into an office that was brightly lit by the suns natural rays. The walls were painted a light blue and a cheery, petite, young woman sat behind a desk, "Hi!" The woman greeted, "Go ahead, sit down," She smiled. Ariana took a seat, "Before I give you any information, I have to let you know. Two of our singers don't want to perform, so we were wondering if you would sing two extra songs."

"That would be amazing! Does it matter which ones?" Ariana asked.

"No, but were were hoping you would sing at least one rock song and the other two more mellow. We really want to show off you voice. This will be judged and they will have a winner for each category." Ariana smiled.

"Wow, I'd love to do it." She smiled.

"Great! So..." Ms. Martinez listed off the things that would be happening and the rehearsals Ariana would have to attend.

Ariana sat on her bed. She already knew what rock song she wanted to sing, and she had an idea of the other two songs. She would be opening up the show with the rock song and in the middle she would sing another song and her last song would be the song that she would rub in Ryan's face. She would prove to him that she can sing better than anyone he's ever met.

She pulled out her laptop and logged onto YouTube. She searched and searched. She finally decided that she would sing The Pros And Cons Of Breathing by her favorite band, of course. Her second song would be Rihanna's Umbrella because that we her and Adam's song...in a sibling-ish way. Her last song would be a song from Dreamgirls. The song that Jeniffer Hudson sings, And I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going. She could sing it, but no one believed it. She's told Adam, he rolled his eyes and just walked away. She told Ryan, he said she should stop lying and join the marching band.

Ariana sat down at the piano, knowing she was home alone. She played the first chords, then he remembered the song that reminded her so much of her mom.

"Everywhere I'm turning
Nothing seems complete
I stand up and I'm searching
For the better part of me
I hang my head from sorrow
Slave to humanity
I wear it on my shoulders
Gotta find the strength in me

Cause I am a Superwoman
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I'm a Superwoman

For all the mothers fighting
For better days to come
And all my women, all my women sitting here trying
To come home before the sun
And all my sisters
Coming together
Say yes I will
Yes I can

Cause I am a Superwoman
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I'm a Superwoman

When I'm breaking down
And I can't be found
And I start to get weak
Cause no one knows
Me underneath these clothes
But I can fly
We can fly, Oooohh

Cause I am a Superwoman
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I'm a Superwoman."

She took her hands away from the keys and wiped the tears away from her cheeks, "Are you okay?" A voice asked. She turned around.

"I'm fine." She mumbled before getting up and trying to walk past the person, he grabbed her upped shoulder.

"You're not fine. What's wrong? You sing beautifully." Pete said.

"Thanks. I just miss my mom, that's all. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"The guys dropped me off here. We're all in town because your dad wanted us to help Adam with his performance so he can win." He smiled.

"Figures." Ariana said before pulling out of his grip and walking to her room. She shut the door and locked it just as Patrick, Andy, and Joe walked up the stairs.

"What did you do to her?" Joe asked.

"Nothing. She's just sad about her mom, that's all." Pete explained. The two guys nodded and turned around and walked down the stairs to greet Ryan and everyone else.

Ariana sat in her room, staring out her window. She took the paper that had the songs she was going to sing and crossed out Rihanna's song and wrote in the new song, 'Superwoman-Alicia Keys'. She put it back in her folder with the lyrics she printed out and looked down out of the window. Ryan was on the driveway, showing Adam the new guitar he bought. Adam picked it up and played a few chords. She saw Ryan smile and hug him. 'Why can't I have a dad too?' She asked.

She got off her window sill and walked over to her mirror by her dresser. She tried to think of reasons why Ryan didn't love her. She noticed her eyes. She had her mom's eyes. Maybe that was why? Because she had pale blue eyes instead of the hazel her father and brother possessed? She looked down at her figure. She had Ryan's figure and metabolism. Was she too skinny? Is that why?

She sighed and looked over to her window again. This time, everyone was outside with Adam, giving him tips about performing. Ariana didn't need tips. She watched Fall Out Boy perform plenty of times. She practically studied it.

Nothing mattered anymore. All that mattered was that she would show Ryan that she could be perfect like he wanted her to be.

To bad no one told her that nobody was perfect.