Status: looking for ideas. :)... in the process of doing a summer reading project annd writing this from a new idea that was given :)

Living In A Picture

cover-up and wondering

When I woke up Alek was hovering over top of me shaking me and calling my name. “Verohnakai! Come on. Wake up. Please.”
I felt like I had just been hit by a bus. My body just ached from being thrown and my throat felt like someone was stabbing it. It made it very hard to breathe. And my eyes were having some major issues opening. I can only imagine what I looked like from Alek’s view.
“Ver- Verohnakai. Are you there? Verohnakai. Wake up. Open your eyes. I’m begging you.”
I struggled to breathe and once I had caught my breath I managed to croak, “A-Alek? Wh-What happened? Everything just went black. And who were those people? Where are they? What time is it?”
“Oh! Thank God! Don’t black out like that on me ever again!”
As I sat up I felt my throat and it hurt like a mother! When I looked around my room everything was spread everywhere like a tornado had hit the place. “Aleksei, tell me what happened. I don’t remember anything. How long has it been?”
“Eh. It’s been about 15 minutes.”
“15 minutes? You’re kidding. Well let me get dressed so we can go meet your sister and you can explain on the way.”
“Whoa. Wait. I don’t think going out to party is the best idea. I mean, yeah you did some major damage on Ahny- that girl but she got some good hits in too. Let’s just go back to my parents place. They should be there and they can help.”
“No. I told your sister we’d meet her and I won’t go back on my word. If I start to feel any worse I will leave. I’m going to go get cleaned up.”
“Well hurry. I don’t know if they will try and come back and I don’t want you here if they do.”
“Oh, you’re so sweet.” When I looked in the mirror I realized I’d need some major cover-up for the marks on my throat. Other than my throat, everything else looked intact and un-bruised. I washed my face and hopped in the shower. When I got out I realized I had forgotten my clothes. “Close your eyes! I’m coming out, I forgot my clothes. No peeking!”
“Er. Okay. They’re closed.”
“You sure?”
“Yeah.”
I peeked just to make sure he wasn’t lying. He seemed like a sweet kid but I wasn’t taking the chance of him eye balling me in a towel. Once I was sure they were closed, I rushed out grabbed my underwear, bra, 3 shirts, a dress and 2 pairs of pants. I still wasn’t sure what I wanted to wear. “Okay. You’re free to open your eyes. What should I wear? A dress or a shirt and shorts or a flannel and ripped shorts?”
“Uh. Go with the flannel. What color are the normal shorts?”
“White.”
“Okay, wear those too.”
“Okay hold on.” Before I walked out, I examined my outfit. Man, this kid’s got pretty good combination skills. I wore a deep purple, neon green, gray and yellow plaid shirt with those kind of shorts that are fitted but kind of dressy. I threw my wet hair into a ponytail and left my bangs out.
“Okay what do you think?”
“Oh. Wow. Well you look great. These Nike’s would go really well with that. I didn’t know as the Queen’s niece you owned this many pairs of Nike’s and Converse. Nor did I know you could have red in your hair.”
“Oh. Well I refused to leave with out my flannels, ripped jeans, Converse, nail polish, books and Nike’s. As for the hair, Aunt Adelaisa keeps trying to talk me into taking the color out but I don’t think a little bit of red that can be covered is really a huge deal.”
“I see. Well are you ready?”
“Yeah. Wait, I gotta cover my neck up. Toss me the black eyeliner and the case and sponge thing beside it.”
“How in the world is black eyeliner going to make your neck look better?”
“Uh? It’s for my eyes smart one.”
“Oh.”
With that I applied the eyeliner and the cover up, put my shoes on, looked in the mirror one last time and we set off for the fountain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. give me ideas. subscribe/comment/message please.